Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 4 Jun 2013, 23:27 (Ref:3257823)   #1601
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by outamyhead View Post
Well McNish was a Porsche GT driver, so maybe once Audi move aside for Porsche to run the next ten years.
I don't think McNish has forgiven Porsche for spelling his name wrong.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 02:01 (Ref:3257850)   #1602
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by outamyhead View Post
If and when Porsche come back
How many times they need to officially announce it?
Old 5 Jun 2013, 03:46 (Ref:3257873)   #1603
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post
You're starting to sound like The Badger!
Oi ..... I wanto see a Ferrari P1 winning Le Mans !!!
Old 5 Jun 2013, 05:22 (Ref:3257885)   #1604
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Most dissapointing Mr.B
Old 5 Jun 2013, 06:12 (Ref:3257892)   #1605
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I'm a Porsche fan and driver... I'd love to hear a Ferrari P1!!!

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 5 Jun 2013, 07:20 (Ref:3257901)   #1606
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hear and see!...but no winning in my dream.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 11:19 (Ref:3257975)   #1607
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
I just want to catch a glimpse of Porsche's new proto.
Same here! I don't really care who the drivers will be at the moment, I just want to see the car.

Surely it has got to be any time now, hasn't it? *Hint hint Porsche*
Old 5 Jun 2013, 11:26 (Ref:3257976)   #1608
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know a whole lot aboit Porsche's motorsport operations so perhaps someone could help me out here. What is Porsche's relationship with Wirth Research?
Old 5 Jun 2013, 12:07 (Ref:3257996)   #1609
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post
I don't know a whole lot aboit Porsche's motorsport operations so perhaps someone could help me out here. What is Porsche's relationship with Wirth Research?
None at all, the Porsche LMP1 car is designed and built in-house using lots of personnel that used to work for Sauber in the BMW-owned era AFAIK.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 12:31 (Ref:3258010)   #1610
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
yes...and amongst others too.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 12:40 (Ref:3258012)   #1611
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Okay, thanks. Just wondering because they are listed as a current client of WR. Is it for GTC or something?
Old 5 Jun 2013, 13:41 (Ref:3258036)   #1612
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Some CFD or other sim work perhaps?
Old 5 Jun 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3258074)   #1613
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaw Daggerslash View Post
Same here! I don't really care who the drivers will be at the moment, I just want to see the car.

Surely it has got to be any time now, hasn't it? *Hint hint Porsche*
Porsche kept the RS Spyder hidden, too, until they were ready to show it.

Old 5 Jun 2013, 16:24 (Ref:3258084)   #1614
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Or that still-born LMP1 that remained hidden for quite a while.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 17:03 (Ref:3258096)   #1615
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Or that still-born LMP1 that remained hidden for quite a while.
But that was a different age .
Today you can't test many places without someone getting a shot of your car, which is immediately put up online.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 19:16 (Ref:3258174)   #1616
Breitling24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Today you can't test many places without someone getting a shot of your car, which is immediately put up online.
But how many "spy shots" come from Nardo?

Old 5 Jun 2013, 19:18 (Ref:3258176)   #1617
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
But how many "spy shots" come from Nardo?
Well... well, are you trying to tell us something??????
Old 5 Jun 2013, 19:35 (Ref:3258190)   #1618
Breitling24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
Well... well, are you trying to tell us something??????
No, just that before Porsche bought Nardo Ring, they were able to keep the RS Spyder under wraps, even during testing. How much easier will that be now that they own Nardo, a place, due to it's size, lends itself to privacy. Just sayin'...
I'd be surprised to see anything of the Porsche P1, until Porsche leak a photo or two.

Old 5 Jun 2013, 19:59 (Ref:3258201)   #1619
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, we need a Ten-Tenths member who lives close to Nardo ring to set up permanent camp there then
Old 5 Jun 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3258209)   #1620
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to be near weissach in 2 weeks time. Might take a small walk through the woods :')
Old 5 Jun 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3258235)   #1621
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
You'd think so, but then again Mercedes F1 & Pirelli just did that couple of weeks ago at Barcelona (if you've read the news about it). Couple of Twitter spypics eventually showed up but only after it was already a newsstory.
Old 5 Jun 2013, 22:33 (Ref:3258285)   #1622
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
No probs for Porsche to keep things unseen. Quite a few very remote testracks around at the moment.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 11:31 (Ref:3258468)   #1623
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally, I'd prefer to see photos directly from Porsche instead of some grainy spy shots that don't really give much detail.

Give them the time and space to do what they've got to do, and no doubt we'll see it before long. The wait is frustrating, but it'll be worth it.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 11:40 (Ref:3258473)   #1624
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaw Daggerslash View Post
Personally, I'd prefer to see photos directly from Porsche instead of some grainy spy shots that don't really give much detail.
As Toyota recently demonstrated the manufacturers will only show what they want you to see. Much of the intrigue comes from spy shots but let's see.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 11:48 (Ref:3258476)   #1625
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
But we did see some grainy shots of 991 GTE and Cup cars being tested at Wiessach, didn't we? So camping in the woods may well pay off.