Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Feb 2013, 11:54 (Ref:3208503)   #801
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I know I might sound like a fanboy but Im starting to getting worried abot Kovalainen that there won't be any seats left at any "Big" european series. Maybe he will occupy the Euronics/Mercedes car but I doubt it. Same with Petrov, where the hell is he goin?? I hope not they will end up in a second hand serie like the STCC or the Superstars International...
Old 21 Feb 2013, 12:22 (Ref:3208518)   #802
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1 View Post
Just proves that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer even at times of crisis. Ferraris are at a record selling level in the UK and the Conservatives want to cut benefits.
Has it ever been any different ?
Old 21 Feb 2013, 12:26 (Ref:3208521)   #803
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Just proves that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer even at times of crisis. Ferraris are at a record selling level in the UK and the Conservatives want to cut benefits.
Indeed.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 15:31 (Ref:3208614)   #804
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Same old same old.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 17:38 (Ref:3208664)   #805
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Quite right too. Stop spending my tax money! Oh wait I don't pay any. Carry on.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 00:48 (Ref:3208879)   #806
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Agree , slightly off topic but read the link and spotted "HRT cars sold for scrap" on the left . WHAT!! NOOOOOOO what a waste , (shakes head in disappointment) surely they deserve a better fate than that .
Old 22 Feb 2013, 11:53 (Ref:3209052)   #807
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Quite right too. Stop spending my tax money! Oh wait I don't pay any. Carry on.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 09:16 (Ref:3209458)   #808
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only just realised that Razia got no running this week at all. Could he be booted out before Melbourne? If so who would replace him?
Old 23 Feb 2013, 10:53 (Ref:3209491)   #809
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus666 View Post
I know I might sound like a fanboy but Im starting to getting worried abot Kovalainen that there won't be any seats left at any "Big" european series. Maybe he will occupy the Euronics/Mercedes car but I doubt it. Same with Petrov, where the hell is he goin?? I hope not they will end up in a second hand serie like the STCC or the Superstars International...
I think Kovalainen has said he's not interested in racing in other series and was looking at rallying.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 13:41 (Ref:3209551)   #810
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I think Kovalainen has said he's not interested in racing in other series and was looking at rallying.
Think I've read somewhere that he was trying to secure some ERC outings, probably in Autosport.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 19:55 (Ref:3209676)   #811
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Only just realised that Razia got no running this week at all. Could he be booted out before Melbourne? If so who would replace him?
glad somebody else has noticed that - there's rumblings on twitter from fairly good sources about this too. wonder if it's something sutil fancies if he's not successful at buying the force india seat?
Old 23 Feb 2013, 22:02 (Ref:3209719)   #812
p-matt
Veteran

I don't think it's a coincidence that no team besides Force India have shown interest in Sutil for 2012 and 2013.

Perhaps Petrov? Makes a lot of sense to have a Russian driver.

If Razia's sponsors do cough up in the next few days, I wonder if he'll take more days of the final test that Chilton. Somehow I doubt it.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 19:49 (Ref:3210631)   #813
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How embarrassing... This may have backfired on Marussia.
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...forward-funds/
We've seen sponsors default with pay drivers before, Gaston Mazzacane and Alex Yoong anyone? But announcing the driver and defaulting before he's even driven surely has to be a new low.
Old 28 Feb 2013, 11:09 (Ref:3212204)   #814
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sutil to Force India (again) confirmed.
So that's it then, all seats are now filled for 2013...

...or are they??
Old 28 Feb 2013, 11:18 (Ref:3212206)   #815
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Sutil to Force India (again) confirmed.
So that's it then, all seats are now filled for 2013...

...or are they??
Autosport have an article on Sutil driving for Force India.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105744
Old 28 Feb 2013, 11:37 (Ref:3212217)   #816
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Autosport have an article on Sutil driving for Force India.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105744
I maintain this is a poor choice and is really quite cynical management by that lot.
Old 28 Feb 2013, 11:40 (Ref:3212220)   #817
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ah, but what about marussia and razia, how many days grace does he get on being late on his first invoice?
Old 28 Feb 2013, 13:24 (Ref:3212267)   #818
p-matt
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
ah, but what about marussia and razia, how many days grace does he get on being late on his first invoice?
That's really the last big story for this thread isn't it? He's not testing today, so who knows. They really need to have their second driver fully firmed up by tomorrow to give him a chance.

It is quite sickening that this all advantages Chilton, easily the most average on unworthy driver on the grid
Old 28 Feb 2013, 13:34 (Ref:3212273)   #819
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
well, at least the car's not sitting there doing nothing and the guy is getting more tracktime which is giving him a better chance of being able to get the car around the circuit quicker and maybe beat caterham a few times.

i wonder what timo glock feels about it all?
Old 28 Feb 2013, 13:42 (Ref:3212276)   #820
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
That's really the last big story for this thread isn't it? He's not testing today, so who knows. They really need to have their second driver fully firmed up by tomorrow to give him a chance.

It is quite sickening that this all advantages Chilton, easily the most average on unworthy driver on the grid
Yes, when Chilton Snr. bought in to the team who would have guessed that the first thing to happen was an existing fast driver would be out?

Check out the history of his career, teammates.....

Chilton could be the first "made for TV" F1 driver. Eat your heart out Simon Cowell
Old 28 Feb 2013, 15:35 (Ref:3212312)   #821
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
There is some talk of Kovalainen replacing Razia!
Old 28 Feb 2013, 16:20 (Ref:3212323)   #822
p-matt
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
There is some talk of Kovalainen replacing Razia!
I'm sure it's utter nonsense from someone who seems to think Kovalainen was robbed! It's bound to be someone who can bring money, or failing that, Timo Glock for a few races.

I'd be much more inclined to believe rumours linking Karthikeyan or Bianchi to the seat.
Old 1 Mar 2013, 01:16 (Ref:3212504)   #823
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
well, at least the car's not sitting there doing nothing and the guy is getting more tracktime which is giving him a better chance of being able to get the car around the circuit quicker and maybe beat caterham a few times.

Pretty upset ...
Old 1 Mar 2013, 01:49 (Ref:3212521)   #824
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Now driving DTM for BMW, Timo Glock's reaction on hearing about the Razia fiasco...

Another driver has had his seat measured up for a fitting at Banbury today.
Hmmm... who could that be??
Old 1 Mar 2013, 02:04 (Ref:3212527)   #825
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Who ??????????????????????