Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Apr 2012, 09:33 (Ref:3059341)   #276
PRS RH01
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
PRS RH01 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Keke and Nico

It would be interesting if he won the world championship with on win in the season just like his dad . He has the monkey of his back now so they will come thick and fast now getting out of the club.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 10:03 (Ref:3059372)   #277
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
So pleased for Nico, also pleased that he was the driver to get Merc's first pole and win.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 14:19 (Ref:3059553)   #278
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
First pole and win after 1955 Merc Fangio's in Italy, to be more accurate !
Old 15 Apr 2012, 14:36 (Ref:3059566)   #279
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Ok, if you want to split hairs
Old 15 Apr 2012, 15:18 (Ref:3059593)   #280
SilverSpeed
Racer

Australia
Australia
SilverSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rosberg should have been on (and off) this list a long times ago. But better late than never
Old 15 Apr 2012, 16:19 (Ref:3059635)   #281
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, late is the word.
Old 13 May 2012, 13:42 (Ref:3073645)   #282
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I give you Pastor Maldonado
Old 13 May 2012, 13:51 (Ref:3073656)   #283
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hoorah!
Old 13 May 2012, 14:04 (Ref:3073676)   #284
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Welcome to the list Pastor !
Old 13 May 2012, 14:09 (Ref:3073682)   #285
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done.
Old 13 May 2012, 14:12 (Ref:3073692)   #286
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There seems to be a new winning team. Have I see them before? It's been a while. Well done Williams.
Old 13 May 2012, 14:13 (Ref:3073693)   #287
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Three days of celebration in Venezuela, Chavez must be delighted.
Old 13 May 2012, 15:03 (Ref:3073748)   #288
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not bad for a paydriver

In all seriousness, congratulations to him and the team - they built a good car, and he drove a brilliant qualy and an even better race!

Any bets on him making it off this list before Rosberg?
Old 13 May 2012, 16:06 (Ref:3073805)   #289
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
Not bad for a paydriver

In all seriousness, congratulations to him and the team - they built a good car, and he drove a brilliant qualy and an even better race!

Any bets on him making it off this list before Rosberg?
Sorry, whilst I am pleased for him, he still reminds me of De Ceasaris with a bit of Brambilla thrown in.
Old 13 May 2012, 16:50 (Ref:3073835)   #290
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Sorry, whilst I am pleased for him, he still reminds me of De Ceasaris with a bit of Brambilla thrown in.
I only started watching F1 in the early 90s so know De Cesaris from 'Most Races Without a Win' stats and Brambilla only as a name, so I'll have to take your word for it

*edit - just done a quick Google and found Andrea acquired the nickname 'De Crasharis' from someone. Vittorio Brambilla did win a race I think. I'll Google him too.

Last edited by Hawkwood; 13 May 2012 at 16:52. Reason: Because I can - buwahahaha!
Old 13 May 2012, 16:56 (Ref:3073837)   #291
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
You're getting there.
Old 13 May 2012, 17:27 (Ref:3073860)   #292
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Problem with that comparison is that De Cesaris was never a proper front runner in anything other than 1 season of F3 and Brambilla was a playboy in reality. 'Poor' old Maldonado's been a front runner in pretty much everything he's ever done and seems to be a very serious professional racing driver, he's someone who's realised his potential - not many ever get to do that.

He does seem a bit sinister with that intense glare though!
Old 13 May 2012, 17:30 (Ref:3073864)   #293
flatlander_48
Racer

flatlander_48 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
I only started watching F1 in the early 90s so know De Cesaris from 'Most Races Without a Win' stats and Brambilla only as a name, so I'll have to take your word for it

*edit - just done a quick Google and found Andrea acquired the nickname 'De Crasharis' from someone. Vittorio Brambilla did win a race I think. I'll Google him too.
The Monza Gorilla...
Old 13 May 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3073888)   #294
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Funny that nobody started a thread "Maldonado to Ferrari, replacing Massa" yet...
Old 13 May 2012, 18:11 (Ref:3073891)   #295
flatlander_48
Racer

flatlander_48 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Funny that nobody started a thread "Maldonado to Ferrari, replacing Massa" yet...
I don't think Ferrari needs the money...
Old 13 May 2012, 18:12 (Ref:3073893)   #296
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Don't be silly, Frank hasn't sacked him yet.
Old 13 May 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3073909)   #297
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Problem with that comparison is that De Cesaris was never a proper front runner in anything other than 1 season of F3 and Brambilla was a playboy in reality. 'Poor' old Maldonado's been a front runner in pretty much everything he's ever done and seems to be a very serious professional racing driver, he's someone who's realised his potential - not many ever get to do that.

He does seem a bit sinister with that intense glare though!
I see no problem with the comparison at all. I refer to the general demenour and overall capability not whether he can pay for a front running drive.

Don't forget, Andrea was pretty quick in the lower formulae.
Old 13 May 2012, 19:13 (Ref:3073939)   #298
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I see no problem with the comparison at all. I refer to the general demenour and overall capability not whether he can pay for a front running drive.

Don't forget, Andrea was pretty quick in the lower formulae.
You're not wrong Peter, PM's demeanor and overall capability is seemingly very professional and on an upwards trajectory, which I have found pleasantly suprising. I still cannot quite believe he has won an F1 race and in such a composed fashion. It's not that I didn't think him capable, far from it, I just assumed he would never be granted that kind of opportunity.
Old 14 May 2012, 01:41 (Ref:3074098)   #299
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
all I can say is, thank goodness for this year. The years we've had with so few winners were at times tedious, so this crapshoot aspect of who is getting the tires to work and to stroke them along is a nice change.

was fun watching the Japanese fellow too wasnt it?
Old 14 May 2012, 05:29 (Ref:3074124)   #300
SilverSpeed
Racer

Australia
Australia
SilverSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It disgusts me that the likes of Kubica and Rosberg have the same amount of wins as Maldonado. Maldonado is the definition of a one hit wonder