Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 25 Oct 2015, 22:24 (Ref:3585554)   #1
Bryce_Ryce
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
Bryce_Ryce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
formula first

i was at Manfeild the other day watching their club meeting (i assume) and they had this really close racing class of little open wheelers, I thoughT they were Formula Fords at first.

I then went and had a look at the pits to have a closer look at them, and then a team member looked as if he was going to approach me. My first instinct was "**** I'm in trouble" However he was just coming over to say hey and answer my questions.

Anyway, I learnt they are actually Formula First's (or formula vee). Has anybody else ever watched this things, they are bloody close! Quite often they were crossing the line 3-4 wide, no jokes, look on there Facebook page!
Old 25 Oct 2015, 23:39 (Ref:3585579)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting. Up here we had Formula First (fun, cheap, but slightly dodgy in a way that's hard to describe) and Formula Vee (fun, cheap, mostly self built). Very different beasts.

Is your version the same as either of these?
Old 26 Oct 2015, 00:20 (Ref:3585586)   #3
Bryce_Ryce
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
Yea mate, the formula Vee pic you linked it what we have, they are formula see cars, however a few years ago the series changed its name to formula first.

Bloody good racing. I found this earlier:

https://youtu.be/Xehmo3n8IZI
Old 26 Oct 2015, 03:21 (Ref:3585610)   #4
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce_Ryce View Post
Yea mate, the formula Vee pic you linked it what we have, they are formula see cars, however a few years ago the series changed its name to formula first.

Bloody good racing. I found this earlier:

https://youtu.be/Xehmo3n8IZI
Formula First is very affordable entry into single seater racing and has helped launch the careers of several prominent New Zealand racing Star's including Shane Van Gis Bergen.

However with the unbridled enthusiasm and passion of just one man Dennis Martin it would not survive, thankfully Dennis still works tirelessly organising and supporting the category.

Formula Ford is quite a big step up in terms of both cost and being in a competitive car. Unfortunately Formula Ford still struggles to put together a National Championship Series without any form of Corporate support or Television etc
Old 26 Oct 2015, 06:11 (Ref:3585625)   #5
Bryce_Ryce
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
Thats, the man who I spoke to, Dennis Martin.

I did have a look into it bit more.

These people have all gone through Dennis and Formula first
-SVG
- Nick Cassidy
- Mitch and Simon evans
- andrew waite
- Jono lester
- Richie Stanaway
- bredon hartley