Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Sep 2002, 14:42 (Ref:370486)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Bet EJ's gald he's going to Ford!

After the way the Honda engines managed to detonate themselves so frequently this weekend, i'll bet EJ's got Ford engines for next year! When are Honda going to get it right? I was thinking that Jenson must be wondering what he's let himself in for, but then his Renault let him down also, Out of the fire and into the frying pan for Jens? although not, i think for EJ!
Old 1 Sep 2002, 14:44 (Ref:370491)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Re: Bet EJ's gald he's going to Ford!

Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
i'll bet EJ's got Ford engines for next year!
Sorry, should read, i'll bet EJ's glad he's got Ford engines for next year!
Old 1 Sep 2002, 14:48 (Ref:370497)   #3
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what a blowup for Giancarlo, 5 meters of flames behind the car!!

and: Olivier Panis signed for Toyota and now he has 4(!!!) engines blow up in 1 weekend, Honda's revenge??
Old 1 Sep 2002, 16:04 (Ref:370554)   #4
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Blimey! Not just the Hondas though!

Have to say I wasn't really surpised, being full throttle from La Source to les Combes was always going to have its toll on the engines, especially when you consider that they're also full throttle from Stavelot to the bus stop, alot of stress!
Old 1 Sep 2002, 16:10 (Ref:370555)   #5
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2/3rds of the circuit full throttle.

but if Spa was a problem, than Honda will surely have simular problems at Monza.
Old 1 Sep 2002, 16:12 (Ref:370559)   #6
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lots of blow-ups. It was disheartening for me to watch. Honda has three upgrades planned for the rest of the year. It is obvious they are pushing the car to the limit. A Ford brok too so I dont know how happy EJ would/should be. I hope Honda get it right the rest of the year so they will have momentum going into the off season.
Old 1 Sep 2002, 16:13 (Ref:370560)   #7
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps, but I think the run from la Source to les Combes was particularly stressful, Honda may be lucky in that Monza is punctured by chicanes which will give a chance to recover aswell.

Or perhaps they'll all blow up....
Old 1 Sep 2002, 19:12 (Ref:370667)   #8
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My mistake, the Jag had a suspension failure.
Old 2 Sep 2002, 02:00 (Ref:370923)   #9
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can't help but laugh at Honda. They just can't get it right in anything but motorcycle racing at the moment. If they took a look at how they ran their MotoGP operation, perhaps they might improve their results........
Old 2 Sep 2002, 02:44 (Ref:370935)   #10
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Yeah!! Looks like The Bunsen was having a field day.

Valve
Old 2 Sep 2002, 03:25 (Ref:370945)   #11
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jordan gonna get this year's cosworth engine next year so what's all the hype for? nothin great about the engine
Old 2 Sep 2002, 04:22 (Ref:370961)   #12
Blue
Racer

Blue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
Can't help but laugh at Honda. They just can't get it right in anything but motorcycle racing at the moment. If they took a look at how they ran their MotoGP operation, perhaps they might improve their results........
honda is doing okay in cart for the year they already announced its withdrawal. i think f1 is far more high-tech than motogp, cart or any other motorsports. F1 tech scene changed so much from 10 years ago when Honda was still winning. they should have never left in the first place. they are now hurting their reputation by spending million $$. their sales and productions in japan dropped in the first half of this year, and now nissan is doing better than them. but they cannot quit now...too much damage is done. come back honda, i always like honda better than greedy toyota.
Old 2 Sep 2002, 04:29 (Ref:370964)   #13
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue
and now nissan is doing better than them.
Actually in japan...Nissan has always been the leader for their domestic market. Honda is still popular in Asia though because of the v-tec engines.

Last edited by Jukebox; 2 Sep 2002 at 04:31.
Old 2 Sep 2002, 06:58 (Ref:371003)   #14
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont know about engines , but i think EJ is gonna have to look at improving his teams pit stops....they have been terrible often this year.... costing bucket loads of time during the race .
Old 2 Sep 2002, 08:25 (Ref:371032)   #15
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems EJ has backtracked on the 'details' of his Ford deal. It's not a works deal, it's not a 'new' engine either.

EJ will get this years cossie, whilst Jaguar will have the new cosworth engine - any other cosworth customers will get the old Arrow's engines (lightly used!)

If my memory serves me correctly this is at odd's with EJ's bold claims at Hungary. Ford have remained quiet on the subject, though I have read that they are less than pleased with EJ's take on events.

They will be badged Ford Cosworth's in light of a complicated back room deal between Ford and DHL, which effectively means that Ford are sponsoring the engines to a certain extent- on the back of an order for Ford vehicles from DHL and a contract between Ford and DHL for parts distribution.

Whatever spin EJ puts on it, his deal is not a 'works' Ford engine deal, just a marketing/business deal between his sponsors and Ford.
Old 2 Sep 2002, 10:24 (Ref:371089)   #16
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox
Jordan gonna get this year's cosworth engine next year so what's all the hype for? nothin great about the engine

Apart from the reliability aspect! The way i look at it is this, this years Jordan chassis etc is better than this years Jaguar chassis, by a long way, the Ford engine is powerful and reliable. Put a powerful and reliable ford in the better chassis of the Jordan and i believ that that could be something to get excited about. A battle for 4th in the WCC with Renault and possibly Sauber next year.

Last edited by Mr V; 2 Sep 2002 at 10:29.
Old 2 Sep 2002, 10:55 (Ref:371109)   #17
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A battle for 4th in the WCC with Renault and possibly Sauber next year.
Hopefully. I just wonder how realistic it is. It is one thing for Sauber to be using a year old engine that was winning races. Its a completely different thing for Jordan to be getting a year old engine that won zilch. I know you'll go on about the difference between Ferrari and Jag chassis, but I don't think I for one am too excited about the prospects of an old Cossie in the Jordan. When the announcement was first made, it sounded like the DB's but the shine is starting to wear off with each press release.

Will GF stay with the team if its officially not a works deal? Its in his contract that he can leave if Jordan have to pay for engines.
Old 2 Sep 2002, 10:57 (Ref:371113)   #18
Mr V
Veteran

England
av8rirl, i was under the impression that the only difference between the Jag Ford and the engine that Jordan would be using was merely a few horsepower.

Last edited by Mr V; 2 Sep 2002 at 10:58.
Old 2 Sep 2002, 11:02 (Ref:371121)   #19
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hold up here.....so if its not a full works deal, does that mean Fisi will be off to somewhere new ?
Old 2 Sep 2002, 11:04 (Ref:371127)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
Hold up here.....so if its not a full works deal, does that mean Fisi will be off to somewhere new ?
Wouldn't have thought so.where would he go.....Minardi? Arrows? Jaguar? none of these are as appealing as a Jordan-Ford.
Old 2 Sep 2002, 11:14 (Ref:371138)   #21
billyblister
Racer

billyblister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honda said they know what the problem is though
Old 2 Sep 2002, 11:26 (Ref:371151)   #22
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:

Wouldn't have thought so.where would he go.....Minardi? Arrows? Jaguar? none of these are as appealing as a Jordan-Ford.
True , but i thought that waswhy EJ wanted it to be called a Works deal.
Old 2 Sep 2002, 12:15 (Ref:371187)   #23
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I agree with Super Tourer; I think that Eddie never got the deal in writing amd he is going to pay and get screwed. Somehow, I thought the initial announcement that the Ford name will be on the nose of the Jordan didn't seem quite right. I also thought that it was very strange that Niki knew nothing about the deal when Eddie announced it. I don't think we have heard the last of this. to add insult to injury, Eddie will probably have endure the same specs engine with Minardi.

Valve
Old 2 Sep 2002, 13:11 (Ref:371241)   #24
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It all sounded so great and now it appears to be turning to sh1t!!! But never write EJ off... I'm sure he has a few more rabbits in the hat.

I don't think Fisi will find anywhere better, but if you believe what has already printed, he is entitled to go to another team if Jordan don't have a works engine. Toyota? But who can believe ALL that is printed?
Old 3 Sep 2002, 05:26 (Ref:371811)   #25
Blue
Racer

Blue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox

Actually in japan...Nissan has always been the leader for their domestic market. Honda is still popular in Asia though because of the v-tec engines.
a few years ago, nissan's financial situation was so bad that 30 % of their shares were sold to Renault. since then, they've been catching up. i think renault is doing great job. honda was fine, recording the highest net profit last year. but for this year, honda's sales dropped while nissan increased. toyota is always doing well, this year too.