Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 23 Aug 2005, 16:54 (Ref:1389443)   #1
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Club 100

IF i want to do one race in the sprint series as a one off to see what its like do i still have to pay the membership fee?

I'm probably going to be doing Ellough in a couple of months as i know the place and its not very far.

Anyone else going to be there?
Old 23 Aug 2005, 18:53 (Ref:1389583)   #2
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James mate, as its the end of the year nearly I got a letter saying that they have scrapped 05 membership, so no you won't have to pay. I'm pretty sure I will be there.

You 80kg yet?
Old 23 Aug 2005, 19:12 (Ref:1389606)   #3
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well im 6ft and 11.5 stone so im guessing i'll be in your class. should be cool to race each other!
Old 23 Aug 2005, 19:14 (Ref:1389608)   #4
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
Yeah! Will be good can't wait, I think you'll enjoy it. Got Buckmore this weekend first though.
Old 23 Aug 2005, 19:57 (Ref:1389639)   #5
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forgive my ignorance, but what karts are used in Club 100?? I do arrive 'n' drive Grand Prix at Three Sisters, and want i bit more 'umpphh'(!) than just twin-engined 4-stroke pro-karts. Don't get me wrong, they are still nice to race and quite fast, but i want to have a go at a much faster kart. The best I have driven is a 90mph super-pro kart which was immense!! What speeds do Club 100 runners get up to?
Old 23 Aug 2005, 20:20 (Ref:1389664)   #6
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
Club100 use TKM, they get up to about 75 but what is more impressive is the acceleration, 5-60 in under 4 seconds. I like you had only done pro-karts prior to Club100 and it was pretty amazing the acceleration. Check www.club100.co.uk for a bit more information, the next test day is on the 3rd of September at Whilton Mill. The organisation is smooth and the racing is hard but clean. There is people ranging from novice to others that have Super1 experience but realised that Club100 is much better value.

It might seem expensive on the face of it but what you see is what you pay, no damage, entry fees, no licence worries. Just turn up and drive. Although there is a fleet of about 30 karts they are pretty similer considering. There are 2 weight categories that race seperatly so if your not of jockey size, you can still be competitve. Get out to a sprint race and have a look and chat with a few people and I'm sure you'll be convinced. I think there are a few places avaliable still for the Buckmore Park round this weekend, so if you really want you could race then.
Old 23 Aug 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1389712)   #7
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Put it this way, Club 100 is a bargain once you have been an owner/driver for a few years and paid for engine re-builds, new limbs etc.
Old 23 Aug 2005, 21:12 (Ref:1389714)   #8
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Billy, how long are the gaps normally between races and how many laps are there in each heat? Guessing by looking at results there's normally about 16 on track?
Old 23 Aug 2005, 21:22 (Ref:1389722)   #9
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the info guys. Does Club 100 go to three sisters or anywhere in the north-west?
Old 24 Aug 2005, 08:52 (Ref:1389940)   #10
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
runshaw - it goes to Fulbeck in spetember which is in Lincolnshire.

James - The gaps vary, you could get out of the kart and then have to get ready in another or you could wait 10 minutes at most, so its very quick, not much waiting. The number of laps depends on the circuit length and also on how long it takes drivers to get ready because they have to leave the track at a certain time so if we all take to long then we may loose some laps in the finals whereas if we are quick we can have a few more. The heats are between 6-8 laps usually.

You also get the use of the Club100 results page which you've already seen which is very good and a race report is written after each meeting. The number of people on track really depends on how many turn up tbh.

Hope that helps
Old 24 Aug 2005, 19:17 (Ref:1390424)   #11
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
I'm guessing their pretty tight on driving standards as its their own karts? Getting rather sick of Rotax standards
Old 24 Aug 2005, 19:26 (Ref:1390431)   #12
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
Hard but fair, if you just follow what they say then you'll be alright. Had a lot of people ridding the kerbs at Whilton even though they were told not to which resulted in penalties, like I said hard but fair.

James drop me a PM or email before you book it.
Old 24 Aug 2005, 19:34 (Ref:1390438)   #13
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I race in the Light weight sprints and some enduro races as well.

They are pretty tight on driving standards, and its mainly due to there karts, but also as most people have not done MSA racing (like me) and want those people to come back and race. If the standards are low then alot of people will not come back.

THere are a couple of ex-MSA racers andthey have said that the racing is pretty good and clean.

The karts are TKm but with a slightly heavier chassis and harder tyres, and gearing slightly longer than normal, so speeds are a tad slower. But on the other hand you do not have to pay for tyres, engines, chassis repairs, spare parts, testing, etc, etc. You do just turn up and race then go home. THe heats are aboput 5 - 6mins long each and the finals 10-15mins depending upon time available and track.

If you want to do some endurance races they do the 2.5hr races as well, with 6 fuel stops minimum and with the fuel tank lasting about 23-25 mins depending upon track there are alot of tactics to play for.

ANy other questions then ask any one else. ANd hope to see you out to play soon.
Old 24 Aug 2005, 21:08 (Ref:1390504)   #14
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyT
Hard but fair, if you just follow what they say then you'll be alright. Had a lot of people ridding the kerbs at Whilton even though they were told not to which resulted in penalties, like I said hard but fair.
lol! They're going to have a field day at Ellough, the curb at the chicane is more like a launch pad off an aircraft carrier! Im used to getting all four wheels off the ground
Old 24 Aug 2005, 22:44 (Ref:1390552)   #15
TomS
Racer

TomS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
roughly how much is a race in sprint series or endurance (per driver)?sorry just couldnt find it on website. Also what are the liscence requirements...is a kart liscence ok or do you need a road liscence
Old 25 Aug 2005, 09:08 (Ref:1390797)   #16
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
You don't need a race/kart or road licence but you obviously need to have some sort of idea of what your doing.

Sprint races are 135gbp
Not sure about endurance though.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 22:44 (Ref:1391413)   #17
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Straight from the bottom of the websites "Sprint Series" page.

Entry (per race) £135.00 inc. VAT
Series Entry (10 rounds) £1,300.00 inc. VAT

and for Endurance-Rookie Class

Entry (per race) £285.00 inc. VAT
Series Entry (10 rounds) £2,770.00 inc. VAT

Sounds quite fun. We don't have anything quite like it in the US that I'm aware of.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 13:08 (Ref:1447493)   #18
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Seriously unlucky day yesturday at Ellough Billy.

Pretty impressive after only 5 laps practice you had got to grips with the place and i really thought first couple of heats you could be on for top 4 finish, certainly had the pace out there. Chicane bites though

Made up for it in the final though, coming through from 26th to 13th! On a track thats difficult to pass on as well
Old 30 Oct 2005, 17:18 (Ref:1447669)   #19
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy king
Chicane bites though
Tell me about it!