Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Oct 2014, 11:34 (Ref:3462495)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ford Gone!!!!! (CONFIRMED)

Story Here

No renewal of FPR deal

New FGX model for 2015 to be developed & funded by Prodrive & DJR

6 FGX Falcons to be on the grid in 2015

0 FGX Falcons to be on the grid beyond 2015

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Oct 2014, 11:54 (Ref:3462498)   #2
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Honestly, can't wait until V8 Supercars is gone and replaced with a new production/GT3 series ala Bathurst 12hr. It will be the true Holden v Ford.
Old 9 Oct 2014, 12:06 (Ref:3462506)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Honestly, can't wait until V8 Supercars is gone and replaced with a new production/GT3 series ala Bathurst 12hr. It will be the true Holden v Ford.
Except neither make has a GT3 car worth a damn against the Porsche , Ferrari etc..
Old 9 Oct 2014, 12:22 (Ref:3462523)   #4
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Except neither make has a GT3 car worth a damn against the Porsche , Ferrari etc..
It's a BoP class so s long as it's an actual sportscar model it doesn't matter what they'd enter against the Porsches and co, it'd be artificially made competitive. And if you look at Australian GT it doesn't necessarily even have to be a "full" FIA GT3 car, like the Moslers and co have proved...
Old 9 Oct 2014, 11:55 (Ref:3462499)   #5
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I was FPR and DJR I'd tell Ford to FPRK off and not develop the FGX for 2015. What is the point? All that work when for 2016 they'll have to find a new manufacturer...
Old 9 Oct 2014, 12:33 (Ref:3462529)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholosophy View Post
If I was FPR and DJR I'd tell Ford to FPRK off and not develop the FGX for 2015. What is the point? All that work when for 2016 they'll have to find a new manufacturer...
Presumably it could be the way for PRA to fix their perceived aero deficiency with a new model..
Old 9 Oct 2014, 11:57 (Ref:3462501)   #7
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What's the chance they will simply drop a Mustang body over the FG X chassis?
Old 9 Oct 2014, 12:07 (Ref:3462507)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
What's the chance they will simply drop a Mustang body over the FG X chassis?
Three words...

Penske
Ford
Dealers
Old 1 Dec 2014, 06:06 (Ref:3480594)   #9
mite5255
Racer

Australia
Caboolture Queensland
mite5255 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Three words...

Penske
Ford
Dealers
I wouldn't be surprised
Old 9 Oct 2014, 12:04 (Ref:3462503)   #10
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
6 FGX Falcons to be on the grid in 2015

0 FGX Falcons to be on the grid beyond 2015

Really? Why would ProDrive self-fund the FGX homologation and development for just one year of racing? That would be insane.

They are far more likely to continue with the FGX beyond next year and tap into their massive Ford following to leverage sponsorship. Or at least another Ford product.

Where's the line-up of manufacturers willing to enter V8 Supercar?

How many Nissan and Volvo flags do you see waving at race meetings? ProDrive would have to be offered a bucket load of money to swap to those brands.
Old 9 Oct 2014, 12:06 (Ref:3462505)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
How many Nissan and Volvo flags do you see waving at race meetings? You would have to be offered a bucket load of money to swap to those brands.
Actially there are a shedload of people wandering around Bathurst in both Norton & Volvo Polestar shirts...
Old 9 Oct 2014, 12:12 (Ref:3462513)   #12
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Actially there are a shedload of people wandering around Bathurst in both Norton & Volvo Polestar shirts...
I'm not sure that a 1:10 ratio counts as a shedload...
Old 9 Oct 2014, 12:17 (Ref:3462519)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
I'm not sure that a 1:10 ratio counts as a shedload...
Its amazing for a first year and second year program.

Not millions of RBRA shirts around today
Old 10 Oct 2014, 00:34 (Ref:3462759)   #14
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Its amazing for a first year and second year program.

Not millions of RBRA shirts around today
That's cause the blowins don't come until sunday.
Old 9 Oct 2014, 12:21 (Ref:3462522)   #15
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With no Ford support, will the #5 and #6 cars be known as "Pepsi Max Crew Prodrive Racing Australia" from 2015?
Old 9 Oct 2014, 12:36 (Ref:3462531)   #16
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Well - that's a real shame.

No the first time that Ford has pulled out of touring car racing here of course - the company later viewed that as being a colossal marketing mistake.

Wonder how this decision will look in a few years - feels a bit like history repeating right now.
Old 9 Oct 2014, 16:23 (Ref:3462600)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Old 9 Oct 2014, 16:31 (Ref:3462607)   #18
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mr Quinn just sitting in the shadow ready to pounce...
Old 10 Oct 2014, 06:10 (Ref:3462835)   #19
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unusual timing for this news around Bathurst weekend, if indeed it all turns out to be true. It's sort of like they wanted to throw a spanner into the works of all the Ford teams still running. Not good for morale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
Mr Quinn just sitting in the shadow ready to pounce...
If that statement means that he'd buy it out, $$h!tcan the V8's, replace it with a Blancpain style pro/am GT series of sprint and enduros........HAPPY DAYS
............but not likely
Old 10 Oct 2014, 06:37 (Ref:3462839)   #20
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ford's total silence on the FPR/Penske FGX reveal and no rebuttal to this just worries me.

If you you were planning on supporting someone, surely you can't "discuss it after the season is over". Sounds to me like Ford are stringing everybody along to pull the pin at the end of the season.

Lets not forget Ford was out of ATCC racing from what 1979 to 1993?
Old 10 Oct 2014, 10:20 (Ref:3462896)   #21
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Ford's total silence on the FPR/Penske FGX reveal and no rebuttal to this just worries me.

If you you were planning on supporting someone, surely you can't "discuss it after the season is over". Sounds to me like Ford are stringing everybody along to pull the pin at the end of the season.

Ford may not have their own budget confirmed out of the US yet so that may be why they can't publicly say "yes"or say "no" - that is one of the problems with one-year agreements.

It does feel like the stories may be true though, given that Ford has had absolutely nothing to say publicly about it all.
Old 10 Oct 2014, 13:04 (Ref:3462953)   #22
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

In terms of officially backing cars, they were out from the end of 1973 until the start of 1999.

However in between they heavily backed Allan Moffat, and also Dick Johnson, Glenn Seton, Kent Youlden, Ken Douglas etc..
Old 10 Oct 2014, 08:19 (Ref:3462864)   #23
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Unusual timing for this news around Bathurst weekend, if indeed it all turns out to be true. It's sort of like they wanted to throw a spanner into the works of all the Ford teams still running. Not good for morale.

If that statement means that he'd buy it out, $$h!tcan the V8's, replace it with a Blancpain style pro/am GT series of sprint and enduros........HAPPY DAYS
............but not likely
There are enough GT championships as it is already IMHO. The V8 SuperCars is currently a pretty unique series that offers some of the hardest and closest racing on the planet. It'd be somewhat boring to have it replaced by yet another GT championship.
Old 9 Oct 2014, 20:08 (Ref:3462675)   #24
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Prodrive

COMPANY HISTORY

Prodrive divests itself of its Australian operations. Ford Performance Vehicles in which it has 51% stake is fully taken over by Ford of Australia, while the 100% owned Ford Performance Racing is sold to Rod Nash racing.
http://www.prodrive.com/level3.html?id=53
Old 9 Oct 2014, 20:42 (Ref:3462691)   #25
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James Phelps article......can we wait for the facts before reacting.