Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Feb 2015, 22:11 (Ref:3506334)   #1
leothedrummer
Racer

leothedrummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone own 'The official history of ATCC 50 years'

Hello all,

Just a quick question for anyone who owns this book, what sort of information does it contain? I understand that it has photos and programs, but does it have results for the early races? How detailed is it? I'm looking for race results from Group C and earlier and want at the very least to have the complete finishing orders of all the races, with starting positions, laps completed and any retirements being a nice bonus, but not entirely necessary.

Can anyone lend a hand? I just don't want to buy it only to be disappointed by it not having the info I want (although I'm sure it is still a good book to own).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 18 Feb 2015, 22:30 (Ref:3506345)   #2
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The book only contains full race result for the single race championship years.Once it became a series there is a 1 page table for each year which lists points obtained by each competitor at each round.Note that the table totals each round and doesn't separate into each race.
I too would have liked the same detail as you but I have calculated it would have taken up an extra 120 pages.
Still a great book and the best we will ever see on the history of the Championship.
Old 18 Feb 2015, 22:38 (Ref:3506349)   #3
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is a good book with many photos that didn't appear in the previous editions.

Has anyone purchased the new history of the AGP book?
Old 19 Feb 2015, 00:55 (Ref:3506406)   #4
leothedrummer
Racer

I'm attempting to collect all the race data to host in the one place and unfortunately, the Group C days seem very hard to find info for. I've nearly finished the V8 years, I have all the Group A races, the single race championships are available, but that still leaves a 15 year hole in the timeline

I'll still end up getting the book, but it's still disappointing to think that we may have lost many great and important years of history.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 01:19 (Ref:3506412)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How many years' data does RaceTime have?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 19 Feb 2015, 02:00 (Ref:3506419)   #6
leothedrummer
Racer

I thought I had checked racetime, but I must have been confusing it for something else. Do you have a link? Google is being difficult.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 03:19 (Ref:3506444)   #7
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leothedrummer View Post
I'm attempting to collect all the race data to host in the one place and unfortunately, the Group C days seem very hard to find info for. I've nearly finished the V8 years, I have all the Group A races, the single race championships are available, but that still leaves a 15 year hole in the timeline

I'll still end up getting the book, but it's still disappointing to think that we may have lost many great and important years of history.
The Competition / Australian Motor Racing Yearbooks would be one of the best bet for ATCC results. At least from 1971 onward.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 03:33 (Ref:3506448)   #8
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
It is a good book with many photos that didn't appear in the previous editions.

Has anyone purchased the new history of the AGP book?
I would be interested if the pre F1 AGP's in the book have different photographic content to the 50 year AGP book Chevron put out in 1986.With the 3 different editions of the Bathurst history books they changed the photographs but kept the same editorial.If the photographs are different for the pre 1985 races I would probably get it.With over 40 years of Autocourse books I have plenty of F1 in my library so the last 30 years aren't so important.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 08:48 (Ref:3506551)   #9
leothedrummer
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyinsthoz View Post
The Competition / Australian Motor Racing Yearbooks would be one of the best bet for ATCC results. At least from 1971 onward.
Thanks for the suggestion Rusty. Can anyone confirm if these books contain the complete finishing order for all of the ATCC races?

If this is the go, I'll have to see if I can track down a collection (or someone who is willing to help out). I'm 100% serious about completing the database, it needs to be done!
Old 19 Feb 2015, 10:08 (Ref:3506585)   #10
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do recall collecting Bathurst books each year during the 70's/ 80's that had all the winners from each class and categories. But alas due to moving around they went by the by, bugger. Some great history there.

Once had a collection of mags from 76 -81 but sadly gone

Problem being, each year had to buy the next one , Would be great to have, now have to go to Wiki to find out all that stuff
Old 19 Feb 2015, 10:15 (Ref:3506589)   #11
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leothedrummer View Post
Thanks for the suggestion Rusty. Can anyone confirm if these books contain the complete finishing order for all of the ATCC races?

If this is the go, I'll have to see if I can track down a collection (or someone who is willing to help out). I'm 100% serious about completing the database, it needs to be done!
i have the complete set of these books. You generally get the number of laps, the date the race was run, finishing order, retirements ,did not start, practise times, fastest lap of the race, race time. Results can also include fastest lap for each car but this varies over the years.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 10:30 (Ref:3506595)   #12
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Racing Car News would also be helpful.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 10:56 (Ref:3506597)   #13
leothedrummer
Racer

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and advice.

Here is my work so far: http://racing-reference.info/v8.htm
http://www.racing-reference.info/tra...norama_Circuit

Going by the number of races overall, I've estimated that I'm more than halfway complete. The remaining 5.0L years will hopefully be finished within the next 4 - 6 weeks, then it's onto Group A, which fortunately already has a lot more information readily available, which should mean that combined with the fewer number of races, I should be able to knock it over relatively quickly. The most time consuming part is actually watching the races!

The info in this thread will hopefully allow me to fill the pre-1985 black hole and once the Championship years are done, I'll turn my attention to the non-points events, such as the Privateers Cup races and AGP supports.

Thanks again for the help!
Old 20 Feb 2015, 13:46 (Ref:3507040)   #14
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Racing Car News would also be helpful.
The bible for race results, forget the rest.