Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Oct 2017, 05:16 (Ref:3772411)   #801
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That was a messy messy race...

Well done to Mr M Jones on his first win..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Oct 2017, 09:50 (Ref:3772439)   #802
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to see Bradley with a smile on his face for probably the first time this year.
Old 7 Oct 2017, 09:59 (Ref:3772441)   #803
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Great to see Bradley with a smile on his face for probably the first time this year.
No cars to fix....
Old 7 Oct 2017, 23:51 (Ref:3772789)   #804
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re the above, I am reminded of a quote that appeared on here years ago; What do you call a racing driver without a budget? A spectator.
Old 8 Oct 2017, 08:01 (Ref:3772918)   #805
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post
Re the above, I am reminded of a quote that appeared on here years ago; What do you call a racing driver without a budget? A spectator.
The costs of online sim racing are somewhat less, and the carbon footprint (almost none) is a lot better for the environmentally conscious driver.
Old 8 Oct 2017, 11:06 (Ref:3772982)   #806
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to the Instagram, Ms Gracie is planning a return to the series at Newcastle.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 00:38 (Ref:3773109)   #807
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
The costs of online sim racing are somewhat less, and the carbon footprint (almost none) is a lot better for the environmentally conscious driver.
I'm not sure that makes you a racing driver though?
Old 9 Oct 2017, 00:47 (Ref:3773110)   #808
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Keen enthusiast.
Old 10 Oct 2017, 11:58 (Ref:3773408)   #809
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
According to the Instagram, Ms Gracie is planning a return to the series at Newcastle.
If she stepped away from the silicon isle at bunings she would have had a budget for the season.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 10 Oct 2017, 13:18 (Ref:3773434)   #810
Umai Naa
Veteran

It would seem that appropriate sacrifices to the lavish lifestyle are not being made, to ensure longevity in the sport.

I'm sure she's just fine, ferrying cashed-up gentlemen around the track at 6/10ths.
Old 10 Oct 2017, 20:05 (Ref:3773497)   #811
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
The thing to note though is that the Dragon/Image car still isn't a genuinely consistent front of field proposition even in Mr Perkins' hands.

Hopefully Ms Gracie is sourcing the sponsorship herself, not paying finders' fees to other people which could be spent selecting a better quality car/team...

Where would she land, if the funds were actually in place?
Old 10 Oct 2017, 20:38 (Ref:3773500)   #812
Umai Naa
Veteran

Who knows?

Apparently Mr Boys is in the #98 for Newcastle.
Old 10 Oct 2017, 22:42 (Ref:3773525)   #813
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Who knows?

Apparently Mr Boys is in the #98 for Newcastle.
Meantime, Ms Angelo is testing a Carrera Cup car at Eastern Creek today..
Old 11 Oct 2017, 00:48 (Ref:3773546)   #814
Umai Naa
Veteran

All comes down to how badly you want to be involved in the game, really.
Old 14 Oct 2017, 00:18 (Ref:3774092)   #815
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MSR are currently looking for Mechanics for immediate start. They’re stating that there circumstances have changed!

Is this an indication that they could make the move up??
Old 14 Oct 2017, 00:26 (Ref:3774093)   #816
Umai Naa
Veteran

Perhaps they're running utes?
Old 16 Oct 2017, 02:31 (Ref:3774422)   #817
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
MSR are currently looking for Mechanics for immediate start. They’re stating that there circumstances have changed!

Of course if Nissan were in anyway serious about winning in Supercars they need to have an additional team in the main game.
Old 16 Oct 2017, 02:43 (Ref:3774423)   #818
Umai Naa
Veteran

I find it a bit amusing that you've got 3 quick Nissans in Super2, mixed in with some very well-sorted Triple Eight and PRA chassis, yet in the maingame they're nowhere.

What have MWM found, that the Kellys haven't?
Old 16 Oct 2017, 04:09 (Ref:3774426)   #819
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I find it a bit amusing that you've got 3 quick Nissans in Super2, mixed in with some very well-sorted Triple Eight and PRA chassis, yet in the maingame they're nowhere.

Have to remember that the Kelly cars are still running quicker then the MWM cars but competing against higher quality drivers in better equipment.

The Nissan's might be quick in the Dunlop Series, but the competition really isn't there.
Old 16 Oct 2017, 11:52 (Ref:3774475)   #820
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It will be interesting to see how many cars are entered for Newcastle.

There was a suggestion at Bathurst that perhaps prodrive may have been contemplating leaving their Dunlop series cars at home that weekend...
Old 16 Oct 2017, 11:54 (Ref:3774476)   #821
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post

More likely one or more of the workshop staff are no longer available.
Old 16 Oct 2017, 12:08 (Ref:3774478)   #822
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It will be interesting to see how many cars are entered for Newcastle.

There was a suggestion at Bathurst that perhaps prodrive may have been contemplating leaving their Dunlop series cars at home that weekend...
Poor form if they did, they're not exactly going round-by-round. Although going on past form, there's a fair chance that one particular chassis could meet it's demise in certain hands...

However, several other hopefulls are looking to join, or re-join the circus for the Newcastle event, according to various mutterings.
Old 16 Oct 2017, 13:20 (Ref:3774490)   #823
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I seem to recall LeBroq saying something about the differences between the MWR cars and the Kelly one.
Just can't remember where or what.
Old 16 Oct 2017, 13:42 (Ref:3774497)   #824
Umai Naa
Veteran

Sure there's differences, but they seem to be at the pointy end of the grid, more often than not.
Old 18 Oct 2017, 05:17 (Ref:3774790)   #825
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Sure there's differences, but they seem to be at the pointy end of the grid, more often than not.
Because the Super2 grid lacks depth of competition compared to Super1.