Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jul 2012, 05:12 (Ref:3113531)   #26
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it to Kimi but kudos to everyone on the podium.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 09:56 (Ref:3113622)   #27
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Has to be Hammy for me and Kimi for keeping him honest !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Jul 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3113644)   #28
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Given that Vettel couldn't be awarded DOTR last season when he was the fastest package i don't see how Lewis can this weekend.
I'm not sure Lewis had the fastest package (fnar fnar ) - if anything the Lotus looked to be the quickest car this weekend.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 10:55 (Ref:3113653)   #29
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi was great, but he had fresher tires on the last stint. Either Kimi used 'em up trying to catch Lewis too quick or Hamilton did a good job making his tires last.* Either way slight edge to Lewis.

*or perhaps the tires are unpredictable...
Old 30 Jul 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3113667)   #30
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Driver of the weekend is Hamilton, without question.

Driver of the race is probably Kimi, although I suspect Hamilton had the measure of him anyway.
Which is why I voted for Kimi. It's driver of the race, not the weekend.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 12:36 (Ref:3113706)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Still makes it Hamilton for me.....
Old 30 Jul 2012, 14:18 (Ref:3113750)   #32
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC View Post
Aysedasi: I think that there could have been a "duel" had Turn 4 not been under yellow the last four laps. so yes, there was no duel. And yes, I am disappointed that there was not. I was not pulling for either driver but Kimi has come close since he has been back and I was curious to see if he had anything for Lewis at the end. I think that each lost enough momentum that Lewis could not really consolidate his lead further nor could Kimi attack.
but prior to the yellow KR spent 16? laps behind LH in a car that was probably faster at that stage, on fresher tires, and with the benefit of spending most of that time in the DRS zone and never even came close to looking like making a move.

obviously i would have liked to see it come down to the wire but LH just managed him perfectly and by doing so took away whatever fight KR had left in him. imo yellow or no yellow KR would not have had an answer so credit to LH.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 15:18 (Ref:3113781)   #33
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like, at least here, KR will end up in front of LH...
Old 30 Jul 2012, 15:52 (Ref:3113805)   #34
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
hamilton gets my vote this time no one could touch him
Old 30 Jul 2012, 16:34 (Ref:3113827)   #35
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lewis Hamilton because he's Great British. An excellent gold medal for Team GB.

Also he managed his tyres perfectly, held off a fast Kimi Raikkonen and Lotus and won the race.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 18:53 (Ref:3113891)   #36
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi for me because hes British and im a Hamilton fan.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 19:01 (Ref:3113897)   #37
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Driver of the weekend is Hamilton, without question.

Driver of the race is probably Kimi, although I suspect Hamilton had the measure of him anyway.
Good summary. Can't really disagree with a vote for Lewis, although I went for Kimi.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 19:34 (Ref:3113906)   #38
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have been pondering this and it occurs to me that, considering the circuit, we should really be looking at the driver who; played the team game; went that extra mile to ensure both cars finished in the points; made good clean passes; demonstrated a level of talent beyond that of his fellow racers; and finally scored important points for his team.

Sadly after he hit Di Resta it was game over so I had to revert to the default position.
Old 30 Jul 2012, 20:19 (Ref:3113939)   #39
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
But Peter, I don't recall Alonso hitting the Scot?!!

When did that occur?
Old 31 Jul 2012, 11:37 (Ref:3114176)   #40
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mumbles for me, it was a good result for the team.
Old 31 Jul 2012, 13:01 (Ref:3114214)   #41
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis and Kimi in that order. Nobody else came close on race day IMO.
Old 31 Jul 2012, 14:17 (Ref:3114235)   #42
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Kimi for me. Although, Kovalainen may well have been driving the wheels off the Caterham.
Old 1 Aug 2012, 21:34 (Ref:3114937)   #43
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I think there were actually 6 passes for position (all in turns 1 and 2) ... Webber 4 Raik 2 so I'm surprised MW didnt get a vote ... odd strategy by RBR not to just leave him out there in 5th and roll the dice also
Old 2 Aug 2012, 14:10 (Ref:3115266)   #44
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprised that Pic's antics were overlooked. He almost lapped Glock and was battling close to Petrov throughout the race, for me that's a more impressive showing even than Kimi's...good to see Autosport.com noticed it though.
Old 2 Aug 2012, 18:10 (Ref:3115328)   #45
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
Surprised that Pic's antics were overlooked. He almost lapped Glock and was battling close to Petrov throughout the race, for me that's a more impressive showing even than Kimi's...good to see Autosport.com noticed it though.
Indeed. Altho Glock was very fast to tell us it isnt what it seems. All in all Pic's natural speed is quite amazing , di Grassi is no slouch either but he didnt look half as good as Pic does now in the Marussia car.
Old 2 Aug 2012, 21:49 (Ref:3115417)   #46
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Mumbles for me, it was a good result for the team.
Excellent choice (mumbles)
Old 28 Jul 2013, 14:15 (Ref:3282850)   #47
PepsiVodka
Rookie

Canada
Grande Prairie
PepsiVodka is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Who is it for you?

For me Hamilton.
If you look at the poll some funny guy decided to pick De La Rosa and Karthikeyan and normally there just trolling (which he is) but this is

For me though Hamilton.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 14:28 (Ref:3282864)   #48
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 28 Jul 2013, 14:31 (Ref:3282865)   #49
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Too much Vodka in the Pepsi ?
This poll is from 2012.
Old 28 Jul 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3282873)   #50
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why has last years poll been resurrected?