Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 22 Sep 2016, 21:41 (Ref:3674363)   #176
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Yeah, he said he had to wear a jacket and tie which I envision as some sort of florescent hunting coat and a rope bolo.

with Duck boots.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 00:44 (Ref:3674407)   #177
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Yeah, he said he had to wear a jacket and tie which I envision as some sort of florescent hunting coat and a rope bolo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

with Duck boots.
Hey I was legit today, no foolin.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 01:19 (Ref:3674418)   #178
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there are still a lot of stations that do not have gas around where I live in the city, but out where I work in Alpharetta, things are getting back to normal. (old Milton Pkwy)

Old 23 Sep 2016, 01:32 (Ref:3674425)   #179
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
there are still a lot of stations that do not have gas around where I live in the city, but out where I work in Alpharetta, things are getting back to normal. (old Milton Pkwy)

5 years ago, gas was much cheaper in ATL than Athens. That's turned to where we are now normally 20 cents cheaper. Until this past week, where we are the same...
Old 23 Sep 2016, 16:56 (Ref:3674569)   #180
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
you can say that I'm a little O.C.D./paranoid about the weather

Old 23 Sep 2016, 17:22 (Ref:3674576)   #181
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

I've checked every day this week. Starting to look like a chance of something Monday and Tuesday, perhaps enough to knock the dust down .

Otherwise......
Old 23 Sep 2016, 19:21 (Ref:3674599)   #182
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I keep forgetting to look, so thanks!
Old 23 Sep 2016, 20:51 (Ref:3674622)   #183
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Keep it to Monday thank you, no need for rain setting up if possible. Although that's preferred to being woken up Sunday inside a destructive gale.

Planning on dutch oven breakfasts Friday and Sat morning, biscuits every morning. Have enough to make black forest, apple and peach cobblers as well.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 20:58 (Ref:3674624)   #184
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I always forget about these "trackside" threads, so thanks for the reminder in the official thread.

You guys are kewl, so fun to read about how excited you get for the race. Man, I just wish I could get over my butt-hurtedness since the P1s were told to play elsewhere, I really need to get over that. I used to look forward to Petit for 364 days of the year! I guess that's one (the only one) reason to actually talk people out of going to Le Mans, you get spoiled.

I'll look for you guys on Saturday, I'll just be down for race day. I think seanyb505 (Sean, I think that is his username), madkart (Christian) and his dad, our friend Colby and his wife will all be in our crew.

Plus I'm still doing my part and have invited someone who has never been to a sports car race to come with us, my AC guy (don't ask, that stupid thing has had gremlins in it lately) and his friends have bought their tickets for their first sports car race and trip to Road Atlanta. In my garage I have floor to ceiling on all three walls (I guess I could start on the inside of the garage door itself next) all of the hero cards and signed posters from years of going to the races. So I walked the AC guy through my garage to get to the unit that is a thorn in my side and he sees the prototypes and is like, wow, what the heck is that?! And I start telling him about them and he can't believe that they go to this track just 90 minutes away. (Of course I don't mention my P1 butt-hurtedness to him, ignorance will be his bliss).

This thread reminds me of the friends I have made going to Sebring over the years and how big our crew has gotten down there. We actually have a compound now on the inside of the hairpin. Last year we were at least 40 large in our group. What's great is that we get down there on Wednesday and each sub-group is responsible for one meal, so once you get your one meal to make for the group out of the way you just spend the rest of the week having food put in your face. And now everyone is trying to outdo one another so you end up with some gourmet stuff. This year my contribution was two mega charcuterie boards as well as pork rillettes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rillettes
At the ten tenths gathering at Le Mans two years ago the lovely Eric (bat mobile as he is known in our circles) brought some as they are a local specialty. Let's just say that they look very different than what most people are interested in eating as they are literally cased in layer upon layer of fat. But, they taste amazing. So I was a bit worried that this investment of time (they take a good five days to make) and money spent on making them myself would go to waste as no one would want to eat them. In fact it turns out that they are excellent drunk food and were gone in minutes! Interesting side note about the rillettes: I was standing trackside there at Sebring with my shirt off (it gets hot, don't judge me) and I saw this guy that had what I thought to be a cool shirt on. I asked him about his shirt and he replied back with an accent that he didn't understand what I was saying. I asked him if he was French and he replied in the affirmative. I then asked him where he was from in France and he pointed to the tattoo on the side of my stomach (yes, I have a tattoo of the Circuit de la Sarthe, I am that hardcore!) and pointed to Arnage corner. He tells me then that this is the first trip to the US for his friend and him. So then in my drunkeness (again, don't judge me this is Sebring we are talking about) I insist that he comes to our campsite for a beer. Him and his friend did and also tried my rillettes and claimed that they were right up there with the best that he'd ever had! Maybe some day I'll have to make them and bring them to Petit (or The Mitty which is quickly gaining traction as my favorite event at Road Atlanta).

Holy smokes I think I just wrote a novel. Amen to you if you read all of that and I apologize in advance for wasting that much time from your life.
Old 23 Sep 2016, 21:19 (Ref:3674626)   #185
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I always forget about these "trackside" threads, so thanks for the reminder in the official thread.

You guys are kewl, so fun to read about how excited you get for the race. Man, I just wish I could get over my butt-hurtedness since the P1s were told to play elsewhere, I really need to get over that. I used to look forward to Petit for 364 days of the year! I guess that's one (the only one) reason to actually talk people out of going to Le Mans, you get spoiled.

I'll look for you guys on Saturday, I'll just be down for race day. I think seanyb505 (Sean, I think that is his username), madkart (Christian) and his dad, our friend Colby and his wife will all be in our crew.

Plus I'm still doing my part and have invited someone who has never been to a sports car race to come with us, my AC guy (don't ask, that stupid thing has had gremlins in it lately) and his friends have bought their tickets for their first sports car race and trip to Road Atlanta. In my garage I have floor to ceiling on all three walls (I guess I could start on the inside of the garage door itself next) all of the hero cards and signed posters from years of going to the races. So I walked the AC guy through my garage to get to the unit that is a thorn in my side and he sees the prototypes and is like, wow, what the heck is that?! And I start telling him about them and he can't believe that they go to this track just 90 minutes away. (Of course I don't mention my P1 butt-hurtedness to him, ignorance will be his bliss).

This thread reminds me of the friends I have made going to Sebring over the years and how big our crew has gotten down there. We actually have a compound now on the inside of the hairpin. Last year we were at least 40 large in our group. What's great is that we get down there on Wednesday and each sub-group is responsible for one meal, so once you get your one meal to make for the group out of the way you just spend the rest of the week having food put in your face. And now everyone is trying to outdo one another so you end up with some gourmet stuff. This year my contribution was two mega charcuterie boards as well as pork rillettes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rillettes
At the ten tenths gathering at Le Mans two years ago the lovely Eric (bat mobile as he is known in our circles) brought some as they are a local specialty. Let's just say that they look very different than what most people are interested in eating as they are literally cased in layer upon layer of fat. But, they taste amazing. So I was a bit worried that this investment of time (they take a good five days to make) and money spent on making them myself would go to waste as no one would want to eat them. In fact it turns out that they are excellent drunk food and were gone in minutes! Interesting side note about the rillettes: I was standing trackside there at Sebring with my shirt off (it gets hot, don't judge me) and I saw this guy that had what I thought to be a cool shirt on. I asked him about his shirt and he replied back with an accent that he didn't understand what I was saying. I asked him if he was French and he replied in the affirmative. I then asked him where he was from in France and he pointed to the tattoo on the side of my stomach (yes, I have a tattoo of the Circuit de la Sarthe, I am that hardcore!) and pointed to Arnage corner. He tells me then that this is the first trip to the US for his friend and him. So then in my drunkeness (again, don't judge me this is Sebring we are talking about) I insist that he comes to our campsite for a beer. Him and his friend did and also tried my rillettes and claimed that they were right up there with the best that he'd ever had! Maybe some day I'll have to make them and bring them to Petit (or The Mitty which is quickly gaining traction as my favorite event at Road Atlanta).

Holy smokes I think I just wrote a novel. Amen to you if you read all of that and I apologize in advance for wasting that much time from your life.
Certainly was a mouthful! I made it through while having my Friday evening Guinness.

Very cool trackside stories indeed. The Mitty is great and I've loved going to it for years now. And I get your feelings of a slight let down; those were some golden years in the 2000s for PLM and we didn't really know how good we had it. Road Atlanta used to be a second home when I had no kids and a little money! I always have to support the biggest race at the best track in Hall County!

Is the AC man a racing fan at all? I'm glad to hear you're bringing some new blood. Hopefully, we'll "stumble" across each other, fully clothed, of course.
Old 24 Sep 2016, 02:52 (Ref:3674665)   #186
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:

Hey man!

Too bad ur not going to make it for the whole weekend.
Sebring was a trip.
You and i trying to find each other outside of will call so i could get those tickets from your drunk azz.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 24 Sep 2016, 14:46 (Ref:3674740)   #187
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
There appears to be a sale at the Coleman Outlet in Banks Crossing (or like Harbour Freight, it's called Saturday).

In route to a soccer game in Clarksville (I know, I don't get it either). Let me know if I can pick anything up to add to the Coleman collection. (Looking at you, Andrew)
Old 24 Sep 2016, 16:09 (Ref:3674754)   #188
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Hey man!

Too bad ur not going to make it for the whole weekend.
Sebring was a trip.
You and i trying to find each other outside of will call so i could get those tickets from your drunk azz.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Ha ha, Sebring was a blast this year! Even the deluge added to the experience. I think that anyone that meets me at Sebring must think I'm an alcoholic! Honestly, that's the one time every year I just make a point of getting totally wasted, I mean that's the thing to do there, right???

And that was pretty epic, meeting you to get you the tickets, getting a ride back in, and then pulling up and being offered a fresh off the grill, delicious burger! Life doesn't get much better!

Hope to see you at Petit. However, as you can imagine I can't remember what you look like for the life of me.
Old 24 Sep 2016, 18:42 (Ref:3674779)   #189
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Ha ha, Sebring was a blast this year! Even the deluge added to the experience. I think that anyone that meets me at Sebring must think I'm an alcoholic! Honestly, that's the one time every year I just make a point of getting totally wasted, I mean that's the thing to do there, right???

And that was pretty epic, meeting you to get you the tickets, getting a ride back in, and then pulling up and being offered a fresh off the grill, delicious burger! Life doesn't get much better!

Hope to see you at Petit. However, as you can imagine I can't remember what you look like for the life of me.
I still have your number in my phone. I'll shoot you a text on Sat. and we can drink some coldies. (that we bought from inside the track because no one would ever bring beer in from outside the track)
Old 25 Sep 2016, 16:32 (Ref:3675087)   #190
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
First years I went to PLM, they gave these out with a program purchase. I just found them at my parents house.
Old 25 Sep 2016, 16:56 (Ref:3675091)   #191
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That blue one is from 2000. Be fun
to bring one of your kids to the track and let him
play with it in the dirt of T4 camp zone.
Old 25 Sep 2016, 17:38 (Ref:3675099)   #192
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
First years I went to PLM, they gave these out with a program purchase. I just found them at my parents house.
I want that panoz
Old 25 Sep 2016, 18:56 (Ref:3675108)   #193
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
That blue one is from 2000. Be fun
to bring one of your kids to the track and let him
play with it in the dirt of T4 camp zone.
Ha! I'm trying to figure out a way to get them there for Saturday but I need a break, if you follow me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I want that panoz
What both? Me too. The real ones. I have the hot wheels.
Old 25 Sep 2016, 21:02 (Ref:3675132)   #194
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
sweet. I still have mine too:

Old 25 Sep 2016, 21:04 (Ref:3675133)   #195
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
and for anyone who hasn't checked 35 times already today:

Old 25 Sep 2016, 21:08 (Ref:3675134)   #196
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
sweet. I still have mine too:

Nice!
Quote:
and for anyone who hasn't checked 35 times already today:

Hanging strong!
Old 25 Sep 2016, 21:11 (Ref:3675136)   #197
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Ha! I'm trying to figure out a way to get them there for Saturday but I need a break, if you follow me.
Oh I get that 1000%. Rememba that 12 and under $ will creep up on ya
before you know it.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 01:32 (Ref:3675172)   #198
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Oh I get that 1000%. Rememba that 12 and under $ will creep up on ya
before you know it.
Indeed it will.

Audi have arrived:

Andrew has arrived:

Old 26 Sep 2016, 01:37 (Ref:3675174)   #199
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Indeed it will.

Audi have arrived:

Andrew has arrived:

And now, we dance. Although they have scaled back from the old multi-story dance club, dieselgate cuts must be made to their dance budget.

That might be enough, but need a trailer of tonic to go with.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 01:39 (Ref:3675175)   #200
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
And now, we dance.

That might be enough, but need a trailer of tonic to go with.
Or one guy from Baton Rouge