Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 4 Jan 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3790681)   #1
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
2018 Roar Before the Rolex 24 - Jan. 4-7

It is that time of year again! Perhaps one of the most anticipated and star-studded IMSA seasons since the Merger in 2014. The 2018 IMSA season, as per usual, begins with the delicious appetizer that is the Roar Before the Rolex 24.

I created this thread in the hopes of funneling Roar discussion away from the IMSA 2018 Thread.

As usual, below are necessary resource links for this years test.

News
http://www.racer.com/imsa

http://sportscar365.com/category/imsa/

http://nasportscar.com/category/imsa/

Twitter
@IMSA
https://twitter.com/IMSA

@Rolex24Hours
https://twitter.com/Rolex24Hours

@DISupdates
https://twitter.com/DISupdates

Facebook
FB LIVE video from transporter unloading.
https://www.facebook.com/25678641019...4941516061020/

IMSA Competitor Information (Includes Event Schedule and Entry Lists)
https://competitors.imsa.com/

Current Weather Forecast (Courtesy of NASportscar & RaceCast Weather)

Some pictures from "load-in" day

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 4 Jan 2018 at 18:55.
Old 4 Jan 2018, 18:52 (Ref:3790684)   #2
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Direct link to the weekend's event schedule PDF here.

https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...oar_122117.pdf
Old 4 Jan 2018, 20:01 (Ref:3790697)   #3
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I don't think the pictures of that huge size are needed to be posted on here by the way.

That unloading video by the way had almost 28,000 views at the time I am writing this. I think people are looking forward to this. Just wish that interest would show on this forum which does not seem to get the high number of postings like it used to.
Old 4 Jan 2018, 20:10 (Ref:3790701)   #4
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I believe the event is also going to be covered by IMSA radio!

Plus the results actually have an outcome this weekend. The timesheet at the end of the test will determine pit/garage allotment for the 24 hours!
Old 4 Jan 2018, 21:35 (Ref:3790721)   #5
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I don't think the pictures of that huge size are needed to be posted on here by the way.

That is interesting, what browser do you use? Chrome automatically re-sizes the images to a more reasonable scale on this forum. I can view them in their full size by clicking on them.
Old 4 Jan 2018, 21:51 (Ref:3790726)   #6
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I use Firefox and I have no issues with image resizing on here. The "click to enlarge" feature is alive and well as I'm viewing this thread at least.
Old 4 Jan 2018, 23:55 (Ref:3790745)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I believe the event is also going to be covered by IMSA radio!

Plus the results actually have an outcome this weekend. The timesheet at the end of the test will determine pit/garage allotment for the 24 hours!
Brilliant! A small thing, but hey why not?
Old 5 Jan 2018, 07:04 (Ref:3790757)   #8
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Will they have live timing? I don't remember if they did last year. If not, how about end of day/session times?
Old 5 Jan 2018, 08:43 (Ref:3790763)   #9
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMSA alkamel should report all data for each session.
Anyway, hope to see some good action these days and not another hide and seek game.... got bored by cars marking highest top speed and then lapping almost in lmpc pace....
Old 5 Jan 2018, 15:29 (Ref:3790852)   #10
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will there be any live coverage (TV, radio)?
Old 5 Jan 2018, 16:16 (Ref:3790864)   #11
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryDG View Post
Will there be any live coverage (TV, radio)?
I thought IMSA radio was going to cover this, but I haven't had a chance to check yet.

https://www.imsa.com/radio/imsa-radio.html
Old 5 Jan 2018, 16:21 (Ref:3790865)   #12
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Alkamel timing here:

http://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/imsa/
Old 5 Jan 2018, 16:35 (Ref:3790867)   #13
GregoryDG
Racer

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
GregoryDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I thought IMSA radio was going to cover this, but I haven't had a chance to check yet.

https://www.imsa.com/radio/imsa-radio.html
There's an interview with Colin Braun just when he's posted the 5th fastest time, so I don't think it's a live coverage...
Old 5 Jan 2018, 16:39 (Ref:3790869)   #14
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4 cadillacs in first 4 positions and 3 tenths off last year pole. Good start.

Does anybody know if oreca 07 and other lmp2 are in sprint bodywork or LM bodywork?
Old 5 Jan 2018, 17:14 (Ref:3790878)   #15
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
4 cadillacs in first 4 positions and 3 tenths off last year pole. Good start.

Does anybody know if oreca 07 and other lmp2 are in sprint bodywork or LM bodywork?
Sprint I believe.
Old 5 Jan 2018, 17:33 (Ref:3790884)   #16
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryDG View Post
There's an interview with Colin Braun just when he's posted the 5th fastest time, so I don't think it's a live coverage...
here is the schedule from Imsa:

https://twitter.com/IMSARadio/status/949331288900632576

looks like session 2 will have live coverage.
Old 5 Jan 2018, 17:34 (Ref:3790885)   #17
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Session 1 results:

http://results.imsa.com/Results/18_2...03_Results.PDF

Mazda and the Riley are the only protos not to turn laps.
Old 5 Jan 2018, 17:40 (Ref:3790887)   #18
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Session 1 results:

http://results.imsa.com/Results/18_2...03_Results.PDF

Mazda and the Riley are the only protos not to turn laps.

What a surprise....
Old 5 Jan 2018, 17:41 (Ref:3790888)   #19
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really hope Mazda can get it together....
Old 5 Jan 2018, 17:45 (Ref:3790889)   #20
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cadillac 1-2-3-4....what a surprise.
Old 5 Jan 2018, 17:45 (Ref:3790890)   #21
GriffM3
Racer

United States
Houston, TX
GriffM3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know what happened to the #24 BMW?
Old 5 Jan 2018, 17:50 (Ref:3790892)   #22
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
I really hope Mazda can get it together....
In late november or early december, joest tested at daytona and according to some rumors, cars marked under 2017 pole lap times.

Watching top speeds, as expected oreca 07's have the best average top speeds among lmp2's. Cadillacs rule there too.
Old 5 Jan 2018, 17:54 (Ref:3790893)   #23
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
In late november or early december, joest tested at daytona and according to some rumors, cars marked under 2017 pole lap times.
I'm much more concerned about why they aren't running than the fast times from December
Old 5 Jan 2018, 18:02 (Ref:3790896)   #24
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This year will be my first year back to Daytona since 2013, and I"m really looking forward to it. Hopefully the P class is less of a runaway for any one manufacturer than last year. I'd like to see a Mazda upset, but honestly as long as the racing is good i don't have much of a horse in Prototype.
Old 5 Jan 2018, 18:03 (Ref:3790897)   #25
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Eve Hewitt‏ @radiolemans 1h1 hour ago

There will bonus coverage of Weathertech session 2 today at 8:30. UK in addition to Shea's Day 1 Roar update at 10pm UK on RS2 at http://radiolemans.com

Eve Hewitt‏ @radiolemans 1h1 hour ago

We'll have bonus coverage of Weathertech sessions 2, 3, 6 and the quallifying sessions. Woohoo! All on IMSA Radio at RS2 on http://radiolemans.com .

Eve Hewitt‏ @radiolemans 20m20 minutes ago

Apologies: the bonus Roar before the 24 session at 8.30pm UK means Shea's Day 1 round up will start at 22.35 UK. All on IMSA Radio at RS2

L.P.