Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Nov 2017, 20:59 (Ref:3782974)   #126
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlaprecord View Post
sure, and engine downgrades seem to suit gasly's driving style more

seriously tho, i dont see how hartley did anything to deserve more than a one-off (sort of like lotterer's one off with caterham froma while back), and it completely puzzles me how he has landed a full time drive for 2018... will be out by hungary is my feeling.
I'd have certainly given Lotterer another go personally. But when you have to drive a completely neutered car, you can't expect much more from Brendon. Hopefully he'll have a chance to show how good he really is next season.

As for Kvyat - he long outstayed his welcome in F1, in my opinion.....
Old 26 Nov 2017, 01:09 (Ref:3783029)   #127
newlaprecord
Racer

Switzerland
Feusisberg
newlaprecord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'd have certainly given Lotterer another go personally. But when you have to drive a completely neutered car, you can't expect much more from Brendon. Hopefully he'll have a chance to show how good he really is next season.

As for Kvyat - he long outstayed his welcome in F1, in my opinion.....
i agree, i would have also given lotterer another go as well! and thats exatly the point. lotterer kinda did enough in the racing world to get that lucky, random one-off, and the same can be said of hartley. however, lotterer did
totally impress while hartley did precisely nothing impressive so far and there is very little to suggest that he ever will do.

gasly is a top guy in the making and in an ideal world, he would either have for
teammate another crazy young hotshoe or some accomplished veteran with a
thick ol book of tricks. the hartley pairing brings nothing imo.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 03:06 (Ref:3783075)   #128
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Lotterer's too old,you may as bring back Jaques Villeneuve...
Old 26 Nov 2017, 11:05 (Ref:3783167)   #129
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, I support that motion!
Old 26 Nov 2017, 11:15 (Ref:3783168)   #130
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hartley hasn't had the best of luck so far, so I think he can be cut a bit of slack. His race in Austin was very competent
Old 26 Nov 2017, 15:33 (Ref:3783197)   #131
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Lotterer's too old,you may as bring back Jaques Villeneuve...

Really? Maybe now, someone really should have given him a break sooner then. He would have surprised a lot of people in a decent F1 car - as would several of the top sportscar drivers....

Villeneuve? Yeah right......
Old 26 Nov 2017, 22:31 (Ref:3783284)   #132
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
another vote for villeneuve, imagine how funny his team radio would be. and we thought grosjean was a whinger
Old 26 Nov 2017, 23:19 (Ref:3783304)   #133
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Oh no looks like I opened the Bring back Jaques box...

Anyway 15th is a good as win in that old broken engine dung box.
Alonso had a good turn of speed with the Honda,so it looks good for 2018.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 23:53 (Ref:3783317)   #134
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlaprecord View Post
gasly is a top guy in the making and in an ideal world, he would either have for
teammate another crazy young hotshoe or some accomplished veteran with a
thick ol book of tricks. the hartley pairing brings nothing imo.
So if you think Hartley has done nothing special and doesn't deserve to be there, what about Gasly who's done nothing more than Hartley? They've been even on pace despite Gasly coming straight out of Super Formula and GP2 while Hartley hasn't raced a single seater in nearly a decade. Hartley's also had all the penalties in all 4 races (Gasly I think only had 1 race with penalties). When you start at the back and they obviously have no speed in their engine so can't pass anyone, what exactly did you expect Hartley to do? He beat Gasly at Abu Dhabi despite another 10 place grid drop while Gasly went off track twice. Gasly was overall faster, especially in qualifying, but we don't know much they're having to nurse Hartley's car to get to the finish. This is the only race so far where Gasly has shown a clear edge over Hartley, though not enough to beat him.

Overall though I'm surprised Hartley has the drive for next year, I'd have given it to Rowland or try to poach a driver from another team (Leclerc would probably rather be in a TR than Sauber). But if they're not going outside their driver programme, it has to be Hartley.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 05:49 (Ref:3783365)   #135
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Wait till Hartley gets a decent motor behind him......he is very fast....Like Ronnie Peterson fast.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 06:08 (Ref:3783370)   #136
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Wait till Hartley gets a decent motor behind him......he is very fast....Like Ronnie Peterson fast.
Are STR ditching the Honda then
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Nov 2017, 06:30 (Ref:3783373)   #137
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
The Honda is going to go like a rocket next season.I'm sure we'll some pole positions and podiums.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 11:09 (Ref:3783450)   #138
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good race by Hartley, especially considering his team mate made a few mistakes. He wasn't far behind the Wehrlein and Magnussen fight
Old 27 Nov 2017, 11:15 (Ref:3783451)   #139
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Earlier in the season the Torro Rosso's were regularly in the points, and now they cannot beat the Saubers. What is going on here?. I do not think it can all be attributed to engine penalties.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 16:31 (Ref:3783521)   #140
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Earlier in the season the Torro Rosso's were regularly in the points, and now they cannot beat the Saubers. What is going on here?. I do not think it can all be attributed to engine penalties.
Agree. While the Renault power unit is not the best, other teams make it work. I expect Torro Rosso's issues are deeper than who supplies them with power units. In no way do I expect Honda to turn them around even if Honda makes significant improvements over the winter.

Richard