Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is the best driver in Formula One today?
Michael Schumacher 30 50.00%
Juan Pablo Montoya 18 30.00%
Jacques Villeneuve 9 15.00%
Eddie Irvine (every poll should have a joke in it) 1 1.67%
Other 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31 Dec 2002, 04:53 (Ref:460689)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
The "Real" real Poll

In response to Speeds quote below, I thought another poll was in order.
Quote:
Originally posted by Speed
Exactly what I thought...
JPM - 20
MS - 9
Rest - 17

If MS is the best thing in F1 world, according to some forumers, why Montoya has more supporters ?
Well a few things have to be taken into account. Firstly, this is a predominantly 'anti-Schumacher' forum, so it's not taken from the most unbias of samples.

Secondly, the question had no basis on talent or driver ability. You asked
Quote:
Easy question...

Favorite driver ?
Just because a driver has alot of support, does'nt make him talented or a WDC. If you need proof of this, I present to you one 'Jos Verstappen'.

So I ask you this question. All BS and bias aside. Who is the best driver in Formula 1 today? Not will be, not was, but is.

You don't have to comment (I know it may get stuck in your throat), just vote.

While 5 or 6 names are worthy of the list, I will put the 3 that most likely (and in my opinion) and most worthy.
Old 31 Dec 2002, 07:26 (Ref:460734)   #2
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: The "Real" real Poll

Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Eddie Irvine (every poll should have a joke in it)
Well, I strongly dissagree. Eddie might not be the best driver ever but he IS a good driver. Certainly the presence of his name in that poll, altough futile I believe, but certainly is not a joke.
Old 31 Dec 2002, 07:34 (Ref:460737)   #3
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
We shall see
Old 31 Dec 2002, 10:12 (Ref:460784)   #4
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"If MS is the best thing in F1 world, according to some forumers, why Montoya has more supporters ?"

I think JPM only has more supporters on this forum not world wide ..

Ciao Marco
Old 31 Dec 2002, 10:30 (Ref:460789)   #5
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to see Schu end his career by truly proving himself against an equal team mate in equal machinery. Roll on 2004 and a JV / MS pairing at Ferrari.
Old 31 Dec 2002, 11:49 (Ref:460822)   #6
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Good point Wrex - I hate TGF, I think he's arrogant, a little obnoxious, but without doubt the best driver out there at the minute!
Old 31 Dec 2002, 12:01 (Ref:460832)   #7
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi Raikkonen
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 31 Dec 2002, 12:31 (Ref:460855)   #8
*formula3*
Veteran

Germany
*formula3* should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Asp
Good point Wrex - I hate TGF, I think he's arrogant, a little obnoxious, but without doubt the best driver out there at the minute!

agreed! i really don´t like him, but he´s the best
Old 31 Dec 2002, 14:12 (Ref:460959)   #9
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeahhh you're right Wrex, Michael had the best car on the grid !, I agree.

Anyway, Montoya had more supporters in this Forum (if you want to say that in that way).
Old 31 Dec 2002, 14:19 (Ref:460963)   #10
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
This poll is too easy. TGF by miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles....
and miles.
Old 31 Dec 2002, 14:54 (Ref:460986)   #11
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Hehehe, and he (JPM) took away 7 Poles from the "best" driver (according to you) with the "best" car on the grid (according to the World)...

I'm happy to see this guy on the "3rd." best car getting Poles and the Fastest Lap in the F1 World. That says something, don't you think ?

Last edited by Speed; 31 Dec 2002 at 14:56.
Old 31 Dec 2002, 14:56 (Ref:460988)   #12
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
You know it Speed! Just wait for the "but he didn't win any did he" lines.
Old 31 Dec 2002, 15:21 (Ref:461007)   #13
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
I'd love to see Schu end his career by truly proving himself against an equal team mate in equal machinery.
now that i would also love to see.........let him really let his driving do the talking and nothing else .
Old 31 Dec 2002, 15:26 (Ref:461010)   #14
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Nice signature, Sato...
Old 31 Dec 2002, 15:31 (Ref:461014)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: Re: The "Real" real Poll

Quote:
Originally posted by Red
Well, I strongly dissagree. Eddie might not be the best driver ever but he IS a good driver. Certainly the presence of his name in that poll, altough futile I believe, but certainly is not a joke.
Its all about opinions. I think his inclusion is very definitely the joke it was intended to be.

As for the best, no question, it has to be TGF. But then the competition isn't exactly what it has been in years past, is it?
Old 31 Dec 2002, 15:37 (Ref:461022)   #16
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
For me....JPM's the best driver (but then you knew i was gonna say that ) seeing what he did when he was in CART, winning the title in his rookie year, winning the Indy 500 at his first attempt, taking 10 poles in a car that was third best last year and second best this year. I know the arguement of JPM and Michael in the same car has been gone over countless times before, but, if JPM had Michaels car, judging by what he has done before when he had the best car (CART-Ganassi '99) then i know that he would get the job done.
Old 31 Dec 2002, 15:38 (Ref:461025)   #17
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
I mean... location.
Old 31 Dec 2002, 15:47 (Ref:461031)   #18
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
For me....JPM's the best driver (but then you knew i was gonna say that ) seeing what he did when he was in CART, winning the title in his rookie year, winning the Indy 500 at his first attempt, taking 10 poles in a car that was third best last year and second best this year. I know the arguement of JPM and Michael in the same car has been gone over countless times before, but, if JPM had Michaels car, judging by what he has done before when he had the best car (CART-Ganassi '99) then i know that he would get the job done.
Yep!
Old 31 Dec 2002, 16:14 (Ref:461043)   #19
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon
You know it Speed! Just wait for the "but he didn't win any did he" lines.
But he didn't win any did he?

Seriously though, I can't argue that JPM has the potential to be the best in the world. But right now, you are kidding yourself if you think he compares to TGF. You can attack Ralphie all you want, but he did a pretty good job of keeping up with your messiah.

Ability, right now:

1. TGF <large gap> 2. Fisichella 3. JPM
Old 31 Dec 2002, 16:15 (Ref:461045)   #20
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:

I'm happy to see this guy on the "3rd." best car getting Poles and the Fastest Lap in the F1 World. That says something, don't you think ?
Yup, it proves that both he and the Williams were pretty fast over ONE lap.

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 31 Dec 2002 at 16:19.
Old 31 Dec 2002, 16:24 (Ref:461053)   #21
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
This poll is too easy. TGF by miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles....
and miles.
Too many miles for a guy who spins with nobody pushing him (MS this year and some years ago too)..., You better cut some miles...

Last edited by Speed; 31 Dec 2002 at 16:25.
Old 31 Dec 2002, 16:27 (Ref:461056)   #22
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
I guess when you are miles and miles ahead of everyone, it gets boring and you sometimes lose your concentration....

I hate defending TGF because really I don't like him that much, and JPM has proven to me that he has extreme potential, but he still hasn't shown me that he's that best... or even close...

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 31 Dec 2002 at 16:30.
Old 31 Dec 2002, 16:50 (Ref:461067)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Ability, right now:

Just out of interest, if, as you say, Fisichella is the second best driver, how is it, that he's never had a drive in one of the big three and never likely to?
Old 31 Dec 2002, 17:36 (Ref:461085)   #24
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Quote:
I guess when you are miles and miles ahead of everyone, it gets boring and you sometimes lose your concentration....
Perhaps he should accept an equal team mate then he'd be pushed and wouldn't get board?

Quote:
Ability, right now:

Inigo here is refering to the mystical unwritten assumption that says Fisichella is really the greatest of all time but has always been "unlucky" not to get a top drive. His little more than average performances in the teams he has driven for is simply to lull everyone into a full sense of security .
Old 31 Dec 2002, 17:40 (Ref:461087)   #25
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
The poll as I read it is best driver, not best over one lap or some limited set of circumstances. While I wish my favorite, Speed Racer would get a decent drive, my vote has to go to Michael. He only has 2 fewer WDCs than JPM had poles this year (kidding! kidding!).

JPM has an enormous upside, we shall see in 3 - 5 years if the promise will be fulfilled.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.