Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Mar 2009, 10:07 (Ref:2419118)   #26
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe View Post
Thanks for the good wishes posted here and the PMs I've received. I had a look at Auto Action today and their report on the meeting didn't make mention of my efforts or Bill Cutler's, and I didn't even get shown in the background of a picture, maybe I need 4 more cylinders to earn a mention? I do it for the competition and the fun, but it would be nice once in a while to see something when I've had a good run.
Yes I agree, and you would think with the way A/C is booming there would be a fair bit of attention, especially when you look at the cars, ATCC winning M3, Bathurst winning Jag, Moffat Sierra, and the rest...you would think there would be more interest from the mainstream mag's...eNews was even a poor effort.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 22:22 (Ref:2423118)   #27
Bruce Moxon
Racer

Bruce Moxon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not promising 'full' coverage, but there will be race meeting reports ('cause I wrote them) in both Australian Muscle Car and Australian Classic Car.

Full coverage of race meetings is a thing of the past, ever since the demise of Racing Car New and Auto Action's repositioning of itself in the market, at least in the commercial publications.

Sad, but just the way it is.

Bruce Moxon
Old 24 Mar 2009, 10:58 (Ref:2423479)   #28
blinkybm
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
blinkybm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
Despite the weather, we had a great time. So many fabulous cars and some good racing. Well done to all the M3 drivers, David Towe, Bill Cutler and of course Glenn Seton. The Sauber and the Group C Porsches were just awesome, kudos to Paul Stubber too! I really must bring a car with me next year................
David - next year, let us know you're coming, come over to our pits and say G'day, we're not like Porsche drivers you know...

As more Grp A and c cars hit the track, the racing will get even better!

Bill Cutler
Old 25 Mar 2009, 02:43 (Ref:2424132)   #29
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkybm View Post
David - next year, let us know you're coming, come over to our pits and say G'day, we're not like Porsche drivers you know...

As more Grp A and c cars hit the track, the racing will get even better!

Bill Cutler
G'day Bill,

I called in to your pit, but you were busy, so i checked out the car and had a quick chat with Peter Martin, who was busy too.

How do you find the Group C & A bunch, are they as friendly and helpful to each other as the Group N guys?
Old 25 Mar 2009, 04:36 (Ref:2424168)   #30
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can answer that one for you Bill. The answer is yes...untill he starts to beat us, so it looks like he's lost a lot friends already after his good performance first time out.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 04:37 (Ref:2424169)   #31
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David, did you get my email re which Morgan Park meeting is the best to do?
Old 25 Mar 2009, 07:23 (Ref:2424208)   #32
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
David, did you get my email re which Morgan Park meeting is the best to do?
aah no. When and where did you send it?

If you want to race a Group A car at Morgan Park, there is one meeting that stands out as THE one to do. The HRCC National Historic race meeting on July 25 & 26.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 07:59 (Ref:2424228)   #33
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane View Post
man did it rain. Forgotten what that was like, happy for the downpour but the timing could've been better.
Not that much action on track. Apart from Tony Jones Porsche ending up on its roof in the Grp S race,
The Sauber is stunning close up, beautiful construction and design great to see it again after all these years.
Sad though to hear that the future of this event might be under threat.
Linfox have apparently increased the track rental by around $40'000, One VHRR member said that it's all a part of a plan to try and push them out of the picture so that Fox can turn it into an invitation elite Goodwood Festival type event which would also feature modern cars.
Lot's of angry competitors as well being pushed down into the mud so that the paved areas can be used for trade stands and VIP areas.
When does LINFOX take over the event.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 09:17 (Ref:2424288)   #34
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Quote:
aah no. When and where did you send it?

If you want to race a Group A car at Morgan Park, there is one meeting that stands out as THE one to do. The HRCC National Historic race meeting on July 25 & 26.
Can you please PM me with an email address, obviously the one I have is wrong. Late July sounds good to me, can you make sure I'm on the mailing list please?
Cheers
David
Old 26 Mar 2009, 05:30 (Ref:2424997)   #35
blinkybm
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
blinkybm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DP - the Group A guys were great, the racing was very close but at no time did I feel like cars/drivers were out of control - unlike some (not all) group N punters, particularly the NSW ones. I'd race against DT and Craig anyday.

To be honest I didn't expect to be "up the pointy end" so it goes to show how good the M3's really are. Cant wait till the next meeting - going to OP in late June.

Bill
Old 11 May 2009, 12:32 (Ref:2460068)   #36
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Did anyone see the article in Unique Cars on this meeting? Is it me or was that half a report? Is there going be "Part Two" of the story as it seems to have left us at the end of qualifying? I thought it was a good read with some good pics, just not finished.
Old 13 May 2009, 02:21 (Ref:2461373)   #37
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Quote:
Entry forms and supp regs are now available at www.hrcc.org.au or www.groupc.org.au
Old 13 May 2009, 10:55 (Ref:2461557)   #38
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Moxon View Post
Not promising 'full' coverage, but there will be race meeting reports ('cause I wrote them) in both Australian Muscle Car and Australian Classic Car.
Bruce Moxon
Got Muscle Car Mag today, nice story and pics Bruce, thanks.
Old 13 May 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2461560)   #39
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
I know it's not PI, but 3 or 3 M3s and a 325 at Oran Park in June, should be fun.
Old 13 May 2009, 22:39 (Ref:2462047)   #40
Bruce Moxon
Racer

Bruce Moxon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Got Muscle Car Mag today, nice story and pics Bruce, thanks.
Aw shucks. My Economics teacher taught me about economies of scale, so I did MC, Aussie Classic Car, Vintage Motorsport (the US magazine) and a feature for an upcoming Motor Racing Australia!

After my car died on the way down there, I might almost break even for the weekend!

June at Oran Park sounds like a plan. As does Sandown in November.

BM
Old 14 May 2009, 09:57 (Ref:2462225)   #41
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I know it's not PI, but 3 or 3 M3s and a 325 at Oran Park in June, should be fun.
So...thats 3XM3s plus 1X325...
Old 14 May 2009, 11:10 (Ref:2462258)   #42
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
2 x M3s and 1 x 325. Adrian's 635 won't be there, niether will Jervis' and Nick's M3, both sadly won't be prepared in time. Looks like I'll have to wait for Muscle Car and go to Sandown this year to race them.

Tags
historic racing