Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 May 2009, 06:59 (Ref:2456967)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Masters Festival 9/10 May Donington.

A bit late starting simply because of the posts in the "Is Donington On" thread.

However whilst there are clashing events at Silverstone and Brands Hatch it would be good to gather all those going to this one in here. Also are there opportunities to race at two of these events on the same weekend?
Old 7 May 2009, 07:31 (Ref:2456986)   #2
jerryk
Racer

United Kingdom
jerryk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and Olton Park , Peter ( MG car club ) . In past seasons I have done Olton Saturday and Brands Sunday but have to confess as i get older the fatigue tends to take the edge off my driving. And before any one else says it "theres not much edge to lose"
Old 7 May 2009, 09:28 (Ref:2457068)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Hi Peter- I'm there (I think!). Should be first outing in new car so will be a bit scary

I know at least one team doing both HSCC and Masters- the Guards Trophy being on Saturday helps- but one car at one meeting enough for me!

Rumoured to be more cars out in the Touring 70s, so fingers crossed!

Regards, Mike
Old 7 May 2009, 09:36 (Ref:2457073)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Enjoy,

I don't have anything at this one so my next outing is Castle Combe.
Old 7 May 2009, 09:52 (Ref:2457085)   #5
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Regards, Mike
We will have 2 batmobiles running in Touring 70s and a third was almost completed but we are missing some bits. Sounds like a great grid!
Old 7 May 2009, 10:08 (Ref:2457099)   #6
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm holding out for the Brands event.

Will there be no passing around the construction area as happened in the HSCC event?
Old 7 May 2009, 11:01 (Ref:2457135)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
AFAIK there's no restrictons at this one.
Old 7 May 2009, 11:04 (Ref:2457139)   #8
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Hi Peter- I'm there (I think!). Should be first outing in new car so will be a bit scary

I know at least one team doing both HSCC and Masters- the Guards Trophy being on Saturday helps- but one car at one meeting enough for me!

Regards, Mike

I'll come and find you Mike,be good to catch up with you,see you there.
Old 7 May 2009, 11:40 (Ref:2457175)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
I'll come and find you Mike,be good to catch up with you,see you there.
That would be good, Terence. You can explain to me the finer points of a lap of Donington- my only experience to date was last May on Ls when the circuit was like an ice rink! (Wet or dry!)

Anyone seen a (reliable) weather forecast?
Old 7 May 2009, 12:09 (Ref:2457202)   #10
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mike just follow his lines when he is out in the Safety Car - just dont over take him!!!
Old 7 May 2009, 12:21 (Ref:2457209)   #11
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
Mike just follow his lines when he is out in the Safety Car - just dont over take him!!!
Unless waved by,the penalty for not going past is one worse than death,ask the CoC.
As for a forcast,it is Supposed to be dry,slight possibilty of a shower with blustery wind's.
Best wait till Saturday,then we'll all know.
Old 7 May 2009, 13:22 (Ref:2457248)   #12
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/foreca...=10&area=Derby

Wet by the look of things.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...opnav_business

Marginally better on that one.
Old 8 May 2009, 11:03 (Ref:2457861)   #13
FMS
Rookie

FMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know it's a bit of an ask so ignore if you want to, but If anyone is there Friday / Sat I'd appreciate if you could post what F1 cars are there.
Old 8 May 2009, 15:57 (Ref:2458036)   #14
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this a 2 day meeting or 1 day?

I am asking because the Donington Park website is listing is as Sunday only. Autosport is listing it as a 2 day meeting.
Old 8 May 2009, 16:09 (Ref:2458039)   #15
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Is this a 2 day meeting or 1 day?

I am asking because the Donington Park website is listing is as Sunday only. Autosport is listing it as a 2 day meeting.
It is both day's Mark.
Old 8 May 2009, 16:20 (Ref:2458048)   #16
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, I might come along on both days then.
Old 8 May 2009, 16:28 (Ref:2458055)   #17
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
If it's on!
Old 8 May 2009, 16:33 (Ref:2458062)   #18
mark_l
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
If it's on!
Please dont muddy the already murky waters.
Old 8 May 2009, 17:56 (Ref:2458108)   #19
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
THIS IS 100% OFFICIAL.MASTERS IS 100% GO!!!!!
Just spoken to our highly regarded CoC who informs me that the license has been granted.
Old 8 May 2009, 18:01 (Ref:2458113)   #20
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donington has a Licence

I can confirm that Doningtons licence has been granted, see you all tomorrow....................................................................hooray
Old 8 May 2009, 18:03 (Ref:2458114)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Er Terry, you've completely lost the apostrophes and found formatting. Must be the excitement!

Note: Posts moved from the "is it on thread".
Old 9 May 2009, 06:45 (Ref:2458394)   #22
mark_l
Veteran

England
Its GOOoooooo!!

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/ca...l/article.html
Old 9 May 2009, 07:21 (Ref:2458404)   #23
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Excellent news; enjoy!
Old 10 May 2009, 14:57 (Ref:2459232)   #24
Speedy norm
Racer

Speedy norm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went yesterday and disaponted with a few no-shows but with all the uncertaintycan you blame any one - from both sides of the armco.

Highlights were Roger's batmobiles the most iconic saloons ever?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2860.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	22213

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2863.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	22214
Old 10 May 2009, 20:21 (Ref:2459524)   #25
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just like to thanks to all involved this weekend. The racing was close at times, but above all clean. As the safety-car observer I was impressed with all the starts, everyone hung back to allow us to get clear, enabling incident free starts.