Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 15 Jan 2014, 14:52 (Ref:3354274)   #1
Jimmyp88
Rookie

Jimmyp88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fuel lines question?

hi guys!

I apologise in advance if this has come up before, I did try a search but couldn't really find my answer.

Im looking to run my Citroen Saxo in Mod Prod this year, besides the obvious roll cage and buckets etc, in the regs it mentions that any fuel lines in the cabin must be metal or braided, and any fitting must be screw type.

the car as standard has hard fuel lines (not metal) running through the car which have not been altered, are the standard lines in need of being replace to meet regs? if so what is recommended for this?

I looked into goodridge & krontec hard alloy line as they are quite cheap, but the fitting are massively priced, similar with braided lines but the line is also a lot more. Surely the hard alloy line would be prone to fatigue with engine movement etc? does this mean my only option is to fit braided at huge cost?

would it be possible to run rubber fuel hose under the car (not in the cabin) and protect them from debris by plastic mudflap type sheet?

Any help is much appreciated in advance!

Jimmy
Old 16 Jan 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3354799)   #2
winkle
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wallington
winkle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can you not run ali or copper straight through the interior and into the boot space and engine bay using grommets through the bulkheads.

Then once it is in the boot/engine bay use rubber hose and jubilee clips?

Steve