Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 6 Jan 2004, 21:22 (Ref:829857)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
British GP tickets - where?

Does anyone know the website / phone address for Silverstone so I can order tickets for this years race?

Are they still doing the offer on the friday and saturday?
Old 6 Jan 2004, 21:28 (Ref:829862)   #2
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try the Silverstone Ticket Hotline: 01327 850206
Old 6 Jan 2004, 21:54 (Ref:829890)   #3
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.bgp-f1.com/
Old 6 Jan 2004, 23:42 (Ref:830018)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Tried phoning Silverstone today, was kept waiting ages and gave up in the end
Old 7 Jan 2004, 09:23 (Ref:830292)   #5
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Redblurr
http://www.bgp-f1.com/

Important Announcement
Site under redevelopment.

Advance web bookings are now closed. For all enquiries regarding current orders, which remain valid for 11 July 2004, please contact the Silverstone Ticket Hotline on 01327 850206.

Old 20 Jan 2004, 19:55 (Ref:844468)   #6
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
http://www.silverstonemotorsport.co.uk/

it's up and running now
Old 20 Jan 2004, 21:19 (Ref:844572)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hi all,

I'm buying my ticket on Friday and was just wondering if you have any suggestions for the best seat.

I was thinking Beckets........the cars fly through there.

Hangar straight looks OK, but thinking about it the grandstand is about 50 million miles from the track.

Any thoughts?
Old 20 Jan 2004, 21:29 (Ref:844593)   #8
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm thinking of going this year too...but I'd probably just buy a general walkabout ticket. If not I'd buy a ticket for Becketts or Bridge...either of which I think would be great viewing.
Old 20 Jan 2004, 21:54 (Ref:844652)   #9
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
I got a general last year and got with the real fans at Woodcote it was good saw the cars etc not fast enough though- this year may buy a ticket for grandstand - thinking either:
1: pit straight - not sure £££
2: abbey good brakeing seems good value
3: general - copse or hangar straight

I will probably get either abbey stand/Silver or general - with the latter you need to get there early before the birds wake up and take seats - it's great wherever you go
Old 21 Jan 2004, 00:51 (Ref:844837)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I still think Stowe / Vale is the best place.
Old 21 Jan 2004, 03:09 (Ref:844923)   #11
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
two things, one-it's nice to see that general admission can get you some viewing places, here in Montreal, the organizers have gone out of their way over the last few years to limit big time any areas you can see the track without being in a grandstand. It is so bad lately it's absolutely shameless-putting up green plastic on fencing where there wasn't before etc etc, complete bullkaka, especially when I remember 20 odd years ago and how my friends and I could wander and get good views at many good spots, as well as from our seats.

secondly, glad to see for all of you that the outrageous RipOffBritain prices for the GP have gone down this year. In the end, even here, probably because I've been numerous times in the past, I much prefer to watch it on the tele. Especially the last time I went with a GA ticket on the Saturday, the pitiful viewing areas just put me off so much that I really don't feel like going again, and have other priorities more important than spending $400 to go to Bernie.

sorry for the rant btw and enjoy the race for all of you going.
Old 19 Jun 2004, 13:19 (Ref:1008663)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Moved to trackside.

A place for you to plan your trips to the circuit - arrange meet-ups with old friends, or seek advice on the best place to watch from, the best bar to drink at, etc.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 16:03 (Ref:1010944)   #13
ss24355261
Racer

United Kingdom
mansfield
ss24355261 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
luffield is great i was there last year be early with seats as everyone leaves them then come back later
Old 22 Jun 2004, 09:27 (Ref:1011777)   #14
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was going to start a new thread for this but suppose I best keep it in this one as it`s kind of on the right tack....

I`ve just rung Silverstone to purchase a ticket for Friday so as to get my annual bit of F1 at the cheapest rate possible only to find......

Only tickets available for this year are for Race Day or the WHOLE WEEKEND. NO FRIDAY OR SATURDAY SINGLE DAY PASSES EXIST!!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE.

AMAZING.

I`M IN SHOCK.

It`s nearly half an hour since I rang but I still CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT I`VE JUST BEEN TOLD!!!

I DON`T BELIEEEEEEEVE IT!!!!!!!

I mean, have I been on a different planet for the last 6 months and missed the huge outcry about this or has there just not been one??

There must be thousands like me who just want to see the cars but not get fleeced for a Sunday ticket??? Aren`t there???

I`m not THAT bothered (honest I`m not actually!!) - would`ve like to have seen Anthony Davidson run in the BAR but thats about it really... I just CANNOT believe that this is the ticket strategy this year...

Friday and Saturday will be like a ghost town surely???

ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE AS AMAZED AS ME???

There`s gonna be a lot of unhappy punters trying to buy tickets on the gate on these days only to find out that the tickets DON`T EVEN EXIST!!!!!
Old 23 Jun 2004, 08:50 (Ref:1013010)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Hi all,

I'm buying my ticket on Friday and was just wondering if you have any suggestions for the best seat.

I was thinking Beckets........the cars fly through there.

Hangar straight looks OK, but thinking about it the grandstand is about 50 million miles from the track.

Any thoughts?
There is no grandstand on Hangar Straight
Old 27 Jun 2004, 21:56 (Ref:1018160)   #16
aprescott
Racer

United Kingdom
At a computer in Hampsire!!
aprescott has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Just so you know there are no tickets avalible on the gate or over the phone, they are totally sold out. The only place you may be able to get one at this late date is ebay.