Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 Nov 2000, 02:00 (Ref:46280)   #1
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I know it's a bit early, but I just wanted to find out:

Who's going?
If you are, what day? Trade/press (Friday), Saturday, or 'screaming kids' day (Sunday!)
And do you go to see the cars, the stars, or to buy goodies? (or all three!)
Do you watch the 'Thunderdome' feature? I saw it the first time in '96 and was blown away by the noise and Tiffs 'Do-nuts'! (oo-er!) Is it me, or did it get progressively worse? Will you be watching this time?

I WILL be going this year.
I've been every year since 1995, but I missed last year.

So. Up for it?
Old 2 Nov 2000, 06:16 (Ref:46309)   #2
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Count me in Sparky I'm not bothered whether it's Saturday or Sunday, whenever everyone else is going.
As for the Thunderdome, last year's was pretty rubbish - and I'm even saying that when it had John Cleland and Gwyndaf Evans
Old 2 Nov 2000, 07:09 (Ref:46313)   #3
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have our tickets for the Sunday and midday in the Thunderdrome. I must admit I was not that impressed with the entertainment last year so hopefully this years will be better. We get the tickets so we have somewhere to sit down for a while!
It's pretty big - halls 6-12 and 20!!
Last year it was nice to meet some old mates while wandering around and the new autograph book was aired. It is now nearly full.
Old 2 Nov 2000, 14:01 (Ref:46382)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmmm,

I might be able to make the Sunday.
Old 2 Nov 2000, 20:32 (Ref:46417)   #5
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I can stand the cold until then... well, you know the answer!
Old 2 Nov 2000, 22:20 (Ref:46453)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I'd have prefered the Saturday, but Sunday it is... see ya there folks
Old 3 Nov 2000, 11:00 (Ref:46522)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
I'd have prefered the Saturday, but Sunday it is... see ya there folks
Don't you have to work on Saturdays these days?
Old 3 Nov 2000, 15:00 (Ref:46566)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
My plans have changed since I last spoke to you, Mr M... and the new plans don't involve Saturdays or Sundays at all if all works out... As for things at the moment, I really don't give a flying toss whether or not i'm supposed to be working on a Saturday... this is demonstrated by the time of the day i'm posting this message...
Old 3 Nov 2000, 15:07 (Ref:46567)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
So er. Can I put the "arm" on you again then?
Old 3 Nov 2000, 15:16 (Ref:46568)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I think I said too much already. Remember what I once said about people who I know visiting this forum... and me not wanting them to know certain stuff...

My lips are now sealed on the matter
Old 3 Nov 2000, 15:23 (Ref:46570)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
LOL.

My lips are sealed. I'll PM you instead.
Old 4 Nov 2000, 00:46 (Ref:46623)   #12
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be up for the Sunday. I'll be working on Saturdays by then so won't be available.
Old 11 Nov 2000, 20:46 (Ref:47985)   #13
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The website for this is Autosport International
There's also going to be bikes there this year, but to be honest, at the moment the website doesn't make any of it sound very inspiring, so I might not bother.
Old 22 Nov 2000, 10:17 (Ref:49432)   #14
Motorsport Online
Rookie

Motorsport Online should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We'll be there on Friday, and if anyone wants to knock back a beer and chew the fat, or if you would like to get content from the show early just give me a Private Message and I'll be in touch.
Old 28 Nov 2000, 00:18 (Ref:50104)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm hoping to attend on the Saturday, with Reb Appleton and Rick Pearson. But that's still just a plan and will depend on how the finances look after Christmas and whether I can get a cheap place to stay in the area. (The plane tickets are really cheap at that time of year fortunately.)

If I do go I plan to see everything that's going on.
Old 28 Nov 2000, 00:42 (Ref:50107)   #16
Lorna
Veteran

If things work out for me then I will available the Saturday and Sunday now. Still in the pipeline so no def plans yet.

Autosprout Show isn't that far away now......
Old 29 Nov 2000, 00:07 (Ref:50224)   #17
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Maisie and I should be there at least on Saturday, with a free ticket courtesy of the BRSCC (whatever that stands for

Should be good fun.
Old 30 Nov 2000, 08:55 (Ref:50422)   #18
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I will do the licence holders bit and wander round on Friday if I can get out of the office.
I'm doing a personal appearance on the BMRMC (the blokes in orange that wave the flags) stand on Saturday according to my press officer. As if anyone is going to recognise me with all you guys going up on the Sunday!!!! Going to feel like a right pr*t I think!
Else I'll be hanging out on the Stand 21 stand for obvious reasons so if you are around either day, ask them where I'm hiding and come and say hello.
Rickster
Old 3 Dec 2000, 13:45 (Ref:50908)   #19
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I might be up for the Saturday too - Miss Appletree has been bending my ear...

Wonder if anyone would like to put me up for the Saturday evening... Trace! There has also been talk of a 10 Tenths Christmas dinner on the Saturday evening... anyone up for it ?
Old 3 Dec 2000, 17:59 (Ref:50932)   #20
Lorna
Veteran

Yes, we have to arrange a meal out somewhere on the Saturday evening. Obviously this will have to be in or near Birmingham. Anyone got any suggestions as to somwhere to eat? Woody..... can I stay at yours...... please.....
Old 3 Dec 2000, 18:10 (Ref:50936)   #21
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I asked first...!
Old 3 Dec 2000, 18:34 (Ref:50945)   #22
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I asked third...

Would be nice to go there the night before, but where would we go? Which restaurant and/or hotel would take the Ten-Tenths mob? Unless we got them drunk...
Old 3 Dec 2000, 19:16 (Ref:50952)   #23
Lorna
Veteran

I don't know how much room Woody has at her house. You have to remember that she shares the house with other people. I'm sure she will IF she can. I'm her girlie friend so I get preferential treatment
Old 4 Dec 2000, 00:08 (Ref:51003)   #24
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Girlie friend???? I won't go there!

If things work out then I hope to make the Saturday! But it will be an up and back in a day job....
Old 4 Dec 2000, 14:06 (Ref:51057)   #25
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK not been following this conversation - anyone want to fill me in????????

Might go on the Saturday - then we could go out for a meal in Birmingham afterwards?