Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Mar 2016, 12:27 (Ref:3627486)   #51
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Rightly or wrongly I've merged JR's request for cars to make up teams with the main thread! If anyone thinks the move makes John's Teams info too hidden I'll split the relevant posts into a separate thread again.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 12:41 (Ref:3627493)   #52
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
OK with me!

Does your Morgan/ B8 man want a team?
Old 26 Mar 2016, 15:58 (Ref:3627548)   #53
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
OK with me!

Does your Morgan/ B8 man want a team?
I'll broach the subject next week John, at Jarama.

If your request gets missed / doesn't get enough response we can revert to a 'John Ruston's Le Mans Classic Teams thread', and if mods are happy, maybe make it 'sticky' to keep it at the top of the page.....

Old 26 Mar 2016, 19:17 (Ref:3627617)   #54
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Let me know If I can help John, have a reasonable grasp of logistics, and I can count

just don't check my spelling too carefully!
Old 26 Mar 2016, 20:31 (Ref:3627640)   #55
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Will sort it In May as you may be driving the Porsche with Mike!
We are still playing with the entry.
Have withdrawn Elva so that has changed GB's availability.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 20:51 (Ref:3627642)   #56
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What's the date? I can't seem to see it here
Old 26 Mar 2016, 20:54 (Ref:3627643)   #57
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8-10th July.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 20:59 (Ref:3627649)   #58
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
That's a shame, one of the unique cars, and very easy on the eye, as well as being another local wagon for me, and Mr Agg was also at the helm of Lambretta concessionaires, Trojan works. My first love. I've just finished restoring another one, replacing my youth fleet!

Quote:
Will sort it In May as you may be driving the Porsche with Mike!
We are still playing with the entry.
Old 26 Mar 2016, 21:06 (Ref:3627653)   #59
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
What's the date? I can't seem to see it here
You had me worried there Max, what are you viewing with? The date shows up in the thread title on my device.....
Old 26 Mar 2016, 21:20 (Ref:3627654)   #60
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Sorry to hear about the Elva, it really does stand out from all the familiar shapes on a grid!

I can't see me being anywhere else that weekend, so count me in the 'crew' if the other thing doesn't happen. As long as I can get my van in for 'accommodation' that is...
Old 26 Mar 2016, 21:22 (Ref:3627657)   #61
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tapatalk on my phone

Old 26 Mar 2016, 21:35 (Ref:3627660)   #62
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
..... As long as I can get my van in for 'accommodation' that is...
I know of a nearby campsite Mike - if you have a tent (Not that I intend camping myself!)

Last edited by gary396; 26 Mar 2016 at 21:36. Reason: Typo
Old 27 Mar 2016, 05:29 (Ref:3627727)   #63
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Tapatalk on my phone
Interesting. Thanks Max, the thread title for Calendar entries is made up of two separate bits of info, the event and the date. Appears you only get the first bit on tapatalk. Now I understand!

Gary- I definitely don't do tents! Kipping in van is vastly preferable.......
Old 27 Mar 2016, 07:02 (Ref:3627735)   #64
midgetman
Veteran

Glad it's not just me being daft!
Old 4 Apr 2016, 15:59 (Ref:3630283)   #65
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Question for Mr Ruston- Can cars be in more than one team?

Old 4 Apr 2016, 16:14 (Ref:3630288)   #66
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

No.

The Team cars are given the same race number and designated pit and paddock area.

Makes it easier to organise if you are in one place in pit area especially with new rules on pit wall passes this time.

We will put all cars together and then have some control over one area of pits.

Usual suspects will be included in Teams

We have won the Team events a few times since inception in 02 and the prizes for it are way better than any of the others.
Old 4 Apr 2016, 17:32 (Ref:3630308)   #67
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Hoped it would go away but have seven teams to do based on mine and the Begys Bentleys in G1.

Will try to get the best handicap and scratch teams together.

The deal is six cars that finish!Then apart from convience you win.
Old 5 Apr 2016, 04:38 (Ref:3630423)   #68
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks John for clarifying! In answer to your question earlier then, the Emberson Morgan and B8 have been put in someone else's team.

Mike
Old 5 Apr 2016, 14:42 (Ref:3630529)   #69
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Those Morgan people always hang together but I've got AVK!
Old 5 Apr 2016, 18:47 (Ref:3630565)   #70
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I thought he had all of them? or is it just one of each?
Old 25 Apr 2016, 13:14 (Ref:3636251)   #71
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Put together six teams and have gaps for two more in both grids four and six.
Included those BMWs in grid 6 but don't seem to have email address for the blokes.
Shout if anyone has any ideas.
Old 25 Apr 2016, 19:22 (Ref:3636326)   #72
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Put together six teams and have gaps for two more in both grids four and six.
Included those BMWs in grid 6 but don't seem to have email address for the blokes.
Shout if anyone has any ideas.
Presume you mean the 'British' CSLs, John? Alex Elliot is a tenther, but in case he isn't following the thread I'll send you his email address.
Old 26 Apr 2016, 05:30 (Ref:3636402)   #73
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Interesting thought.
I have sorted teams for LMC for past fourteen years using this site as a basis.
Never had such a lack of response from here .Only three people going with another three committed to other teams.
Checked the entry list and compare with early editions find a lack of UK entries.
Could be that entries are becoming an extension of Patrick Peters CER racing.
We now have seven teams of six missing a few places but definitely a change of direction.
Old 6 May 2016, 08:20 (Ref:3639079)   #74
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

So no more input from this forum?
In past Classics there were pages but it probably shows the state of Historic Racing or this forum.?
It may stir some interest that there is a possibility of Joe and Mike having a drive in Grid 2.
We will see but disappointing that the best Historic Race Meeting of the year stirs so little input!
Assume all Brexit voters.
Old 6 May 2016, 09:04 (Ref:3639094)   #75
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Not really John. Still debating whether or not to spectate at this one but certainly an event worth supporting.