Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Apr 2016, 21:22 (Ref:3636547)   #26
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hate to derail the thread but I feel obligated to say that I saw my first Cortina in person last weekend and it was a Holman-Moody at that! As far as I can tell, it is the only complete car in existence. Anyway, it was a really cool (albeit tiny) car so good luck with your build Mike!
Old 27 Apr 2016, 04:16 (Ref:3636602)   #27
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
watch those ARB mounts, the captive nuts are spot welded to a strengthening plate inside the box section, its pretty weak even for a standard car.
Exactly my point of cutting then out Joe..Remaking them ensure no risk of anything pulling out bearing in mindvthe stress involved on those pickups.3mm channel with 10mm sides.nice new m10 nuts welded to the top side of the plate.
Old 27 Apr 2016, 06:23 (Ref:3636617)   #28
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Mike, Lift left and back.

You can see the nylon block, and it's step, which is the 'gate' if it's not visibly that , it could be that the drop link hasn't found the fork when the remote was refitted.

Drop the remote onto the gearbox an inch forward, then slide it back into position to align bolt holes.

I should write a book!

I recently saw a few photo's of a Detomaso tweeked Cortina GT. Would still rather have a Willment GT though.

Last edited by zefarelly; 27 Apr 2016 at 06:23. Reason: Auto spell changed tweeked for tweeted!
Old 27 Apr 2016, 09:58 (Ref:3636657)   #29
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Sorted, thanks Joe! The Spring around the lever was jammed in the washer so stopping it from lifting. Now have all gears, touch wood...
Old 28 Apr 2016, 14:37 (Ref:3636920)   #30
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Its usually something silly . . .like the nut with the spanner

Just fettling mine for the weekend, and am rather chuffed to discover I'm down to homologated weight @ 728kg.

That's all steel panels proper trim and windows. If I can sensibly find a few kg up the front end I'll put the bumpers back on . . .