Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Oct 2014, 19:49 (Ref:3470049)   #1
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Monaco Historic GP

The ACM has announced on its website the changes in the race selection for 2016

actually a very cool and professional move as this gives us a chance to prepare.

some changes are surprising

- 2 litre F3s are out
- front engined Juniors are in

- pre wars change from a race to a parade
(JR will not like that)
- replacement will be a one marque race for Ferrari Sports cars
personally, I hate these one marque races, but, yes there is a chance of a publicity boost for the event, so might be clever move

- 1950ies sports car race stays in
a surprise to me

aand
as the regs currently stand
no slot for rear engined 2,5 litre cars
as race C expressly is for front engined cars

R.E.
Old 30 Oct 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3470051)   #2
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Understand the Pre War single seater change as very thin grid last time.They have to have lots of Bugattis and in race setting they are painfully slow.

Equally the 52 sports car race was pretty crappy but that was probably because of that crazy fast C Type that unbalances most events it's in.
Old 30 Oct 2014, 21:45 (Ref:3470072)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
O dear there will be a few dissaponted F3 drivers out there .
Old 1 Nov 2014, 13:50 (Ref:3470507)   #4
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An important point is that in Race G, for the 3 litre F1 cars, the cut-off date will be 1976 instead of 1978.
In Race F there is a class for very early 3 litre cars, including any car (or type of car) that ran in the 1966 championship, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the 3 litre Formula. This also means that a Lotus or BRM with a 2 litre engine can enter, as they ran this way in 1966. And of course the Lotus-BRM H16 would be very welcome!
I think the return of FJ in the place of F3 has been an open secret for some time! And one can expect in 2018 it will be rear-engined FJ - all part of the FJ anniversary celebrations.
Old 2 Nov 2014, 07:05 (Ref:3470756)   #5
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Having visited with a group from the McLaren Trust in 2012, as a paying spectator, I wouldn't bother making the effort ever again.

Why? Too few race groups and too little track action for starters.

Being penned into one trackside enclosure and even though the adjacent stands were 75% empty, Saturday and Sunday, not allowed to move between them.

The usual chicken wire fence denying decent photographs.

No pit access. (I managed to get pit access by borrowing someone else's pass, but that is not the point!)

Too many unnecessary (scheduled) delays where the same toffs just circulated with their guests, again and again and again. Boring.

There is no reason whatever why at least two or three extra grids could not be run, even if it means another paddock.

Whatever anyone says about Kiwi Classic and Historic Racing, the one criticism they cannot apply is too little racing. Traditionally, any one day meeting would have six classes, with one practice and three races. A two day meeting, 12 classes and every competitor getting the same, one practice and three races.

I hope that plenty of people make the effort to attend the Hampton Downs Festival for two weekends in January, celebrating Howden Ganley, as the entry so far looks most impressive and will be a fair bit larger than last year.
Old 3 Nov 2014, 13:00 (Ref:3471172)   #6
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very disappointing. The 2-litre F3s were superb last May.
Old 19 Nov 2014, 20:09 (Ref:3476681)   #7
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic Formula Fords could fill in the gaps....and make the event come alive!

....If only we could afford it............................
Old 19 Nov 2014, 22:12 (Ref:3476726)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
So my good friend . How many historic FF1600 drivers would want to stump up the money for an entry to Monaco . Even your fire brigade pension would struggle . Ha ha
Old 26 Nov 2014, 09:22 (Ref:3478815)   #9
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dead Right. A bit above my pay league Ian. But us HFF's would ALL like to race there, there would be so many of us we could even be eligible - where is that 'laughing fit to bust' graphic - for half price entries!!!! Cue graphic..

We may even bring the crowds back............................
Old 26 Nov 2014, 20:37 (Ref:3479030)   #10
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You guys are missing the point

Monaco features races that were run in period
ACM tries to be as historically correct as possible

HFFS - to my knowledge - never featured and certainly not as "the" support race

support race sequence

Formula Junior
F3 screamers
F3 1600s
F3 2 litre
this is what the slot gets picked from

Rudolf
Old 26 Nov 2014, 23:14 (Ref:3479097)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Lighten up Rudolf we were just having a bit of fun. Tell you what though the sound of your Mitter going through the tunnel would be good to listen too
Old 28 Nov 2014, 17:27 (Ref:3479638)   #12
rbm
Racer

rbm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
You guys are missing the point

Monaco features races that were run in period
ACM tries to be as historically correct as possible.....

Rudolf
so we could just do with a 500cc F3 race then...

...the noise, the smell of the Castrol R wafting over the circuit

and of course the mechanicals and oil slick...

...what fun
Old 28 Nov 2014, 19:10 (Ref:3479673)   #13
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Lighten up Rudolf we were just having a bit of fun. Tell you what though the sound of your Mitter going through the tunnel would be good to listen too

will try that.......

UnGerman, that is, but possible

R.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 16:57 (Ref:3481105)   #14
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You have a point Socram. There is much too much time wasted on non-racing cars, cruising around with people of some significance, and some without !

And this time could be filled with racecars, and a good thing would be F3 cars. There are several F1 classes, from different timeperiod. Why not F3 cars too ??

And actually did the FVee cars, race in Monaco too, maybe that would be an option, with support from VW ??

Last edited by Henrik Pedersen; 2 Dec 2014 at 17:00. Reason: Forgetting things.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 17:20 (Ref:3481116)   #15
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The last time i was racing there my daughter, her boy-friend and another friend were just wandering around the pits near the exit to the track looking at the cars. They were quite smartly dressed.
Then they got told to get in this convertable car and were then driven around the track, much to their enjoyment and amusement.
I was shocked to see them on the big screens being driven round.
Old 3 Dec 2014, 11:39 (Ref:3481435)   #16
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is no space in Monaco to put any extra race cars or their transporters! And the schedule cannot be compressed as time has to be allowed to recover cars, repair guard rails etc. So you just have to grin and bear it, or keep away!
Old 5 Dec 2014, 17:28 (Ref:3482273)   #17
Alan Cox
Rookie

Alan Cox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really sad news that the pre-war race is being ditched. Even though the field was thin in 2014, it produced one of the best races for the victory this year and in 2012. At the earliest GP Historiques, they even managed to find room for two pre-war races, giving both Bugattis and ERAs/Alfas the chance to win.

Can't understand the point of a one-marque race for Ferraris - when did that ever happen in period?? But, then again, money talks and the combined wealth of the owners of all the Ferraris taking part would clear the UK's defecit at a stroke.
Old 6 Dec 2014, 23:05 (Ref:3482632)   #18
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Cox View Post

But, then again, money talks and the combined wealth of the owners of all the Ferraris taking part would clear the UK's defecit at a stroke.
Crikey, has Chris Evans entered then?

Old 7 Dec 2014, 05:11 (Ref:3482712)   #19
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Thought that Evans was front man and it was his mate who actually owned most of the cars and getting the auctioner bloke to be the learner racing driver.
Old 23 Jan 2016, 18:40 (Ref:3607387)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Monaco Historic GP

18month old thread now merged with calendar!

Last edited by Mike Bell; 15 Apr 2016 at 17:24.
Old 15 Apr 2016, 16:42 (Ref:3633032)   #21
RickS
Rookie

RickS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone any idea why they've lopped two (I think) years off the eligibility for the F1s at this years Monaco Historique..? Some cracking ground effect cars won't be there...
Old 29 Apr 2016, 07:14 (Ref:3637040)   #22
GEMS037
Rookie

United Kingdom
Surrey, UK
GEMS037 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any idea why the F1 cut-off date has changed from '78 to '76 this year..? ACM won't tell me.!

I know that I've asked this already but I can't see page '2' of this thread, so unable to see if anyone has replied to my original request..! (Help!)
Old 29 Apr 2016, 11:58 (Ref:3637087)   #23
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going, and looking forward to the weekend, but will miss the 2-litre F3s...
Old 2 May 2016, 11:23 (Ref:3637799)   #24
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Mrs and Miss Delta coming to Monaco . I need to buy them tickets to get into the paddock . When I look on the site it just says about grandstand tickets for sale . Any idea's please . Not sure what my allocation of passes will be so I want to get passes and tickets sorted for them before I head off.
Old 2 May 2016, 11:38 (Ref:3637800)   #25
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have not seen these for sale either, it could be you can only get hold of them from a competitor allocation. Due to the size of the paddock the objective on race days seems to be keeping people out the paddock!

Nevertheless Mrs SpeCTator, friends and I shall be venturing down for an enjoyable few days.