Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 29 Apr 2016, 19:05 (Ref:3637191)   #1276
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent day at Brands, the sun was shining on the righteous and both the E-type and Gemini (straight out of the box, only finished yesterday evening) ran faultlessly (at least they did all the time they had fuel in them) All credit to the lads at Delta for getting it so right first time.
Old 30 Apr 2016, 00:05 (Ref:3637244)   #1277
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Excellent day at Brands, the sun was shining on the righteous and both the E-type and Gemini (straight out of the box, only finished yesterday evening) ran faultlessly (at least they did all the time they had fuel in them) All credit to the lads at Delta for getting it so right first time.

Bravo!
Old 30 Apr 2016, 04:41 (Ref:3637272)   #1278
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yep brilliant day . Only downside took 4 hours to get back to the workshop.
Old 1 May 2016, 11:45 (Ref:3637495)   #1279
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It's good to still see blokes like this !
http://www.colinfurze.com/
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 May 2016, 10:14 (Ref:3637782)   #1280
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The power of prayer!
Attached Thumbnails
Brands 1st test 2 29.05.16 (2).JPG  
Old 2 May 2016, 17:12 (Ref:3637898)   #1281
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
or sleep!

Very pretty ...... the car I mean, Colin!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 2 May 2016, 18:47 (Ref:3637919)   #1282
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
or sleep!

Very pretty ...... the car I mean, Colin!
... and a pleasant shade of green ...... the car ....Oh! Never mind.
Old 3 May 2016, 08:29 (Ref:3638054)   #1283
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Wow' I bet I'm the only one to get an email from Richard Branson via LinkedIn that said, GORDON, Richard Branson is looking for your advice.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 May 2016, 08:40 (Ref:3638059)   #1284
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Wow' I bet I'm the only one to get an email from Richard Branson via LinkedIn that said, GORDON, Richard Branson is looking for your advice.
You lost your bet Gordon!

I have made a suggestion for Richard but apparently it is anatomically impossible.
Old 3 May 2016, 11:50 (Ref:3638088)   #1285
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
You may be right.......mine said "Richard, Richard Bransonis looking for your advice"..........sadly I didn't bother checking just what it was he wanted advice about
Old 3 May 2016, 13:12 (Ref:3638112)   #1286
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
He will be wanting the address of your barber.
Old 3 May 2016, 13:17 (Ref:3638117)   #1287
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
He will be wanting the address of your barber.
I doubt if he could afford to go all the way to Garrucha and pay her 8€
Old 3 May 2016, 16:08 (Ref:3638167)   #1288
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I doubt if he could afford to go all the way to Garrucha and pay her 8€
He would probably want to be paid for providing the publicity.
Old 5 May 2016, 20:00 (Ref:3638936)   #1289
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There is a repeat of a programme about Jim Clark on BBC 4 at 22.00 hrs for those that haven't seen it, or want to see it again.
Old 6 May 2016, 20:26 (Ref:3639284)   #1290
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I would like to tell all my ten tenth mates what's going on at Delta H Q . It would take too long so I'm having another pint instead . It's all good BTW . So happy days . 😀 my only problem is how am I going to get home on the push bike in pitch dark with no lights . Ahh bit of a problem . Hmmm
Old 7 May 2016, 05:34 (Ref:3639340)   #1291
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Checking the time you made that post, there was several pints involved! Sure it was hours before that you told me you were just stopping off for 'a drink' on the way home.......

I can see the headlines today in the local rag- "Man arrested in Henley for being drunk in charge of a bicycle"

Apparently all he could say when stopped for having no lights was "Do you know who I am?"

Old 7 May 2016, 14:15 (Ref:3639553)   #1292
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I can see the headline now

'Drunken Deltas Dawes Deviation'

Old 8 May 2016, 19:56 (Ref:3640183)   #1293
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Been a long week and no way did I think we would get this car to do a test at Llandow. It ran well with a few issues . By the time I got back to the workshop it was 8 pm . Then sort out the locking up find a bike and ride home . Just wanted to de stress and have a beer . Guess I got carried away . Found some lights in my ruck sack . Now waiting at Portsmouth for overnight ferry to Caen . Got to get a move on tomorrow if we are going to make it to Le Luc Tuesday .
Old 8 May 2016, 20:10 (Ref:3640189)   #1294
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Been a long week and no way did I think we would get this car to do a test at Llandow. It ran well with a few issues . By the time I got back to the workshop it was 8 pm . Then sort out the locking up find a bike and ride home . Just wanted to de stress and have a beer . Guess I got carried away . Found some lights in my ruck sack . Now waiting at Portsmouth for overnight ferry to Caen . Got to get a move on tomorrow if we are going to make it to Le Luc Tuesday .
Good luck for the trip Iain. Getting a move on tomorrow sounds like an understatement.
Old 8 May 2016, 20:21 (Ref:3640192)   #1295
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
If you think I am bonkers wait for this . Had a beer and supper in the Ship and Castle here at Portsmouth. Met up with four blokes that are biking to Pau . The bikes they all have are Brompton fold up . Even more spooky they are staying in the same hotel as us .
Old 9 May 2016, 07:16 (Ref:3640262)   #1296
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
If you think I am bonkers wait for this . Had a beer and supper in the Ship and Castle here at Portsmouth. Met up with four blokes that are biking to Pau . The bikes they all have are Brompton fold up . Even more spooky they are staying in the same hotel as us .
Do us a favour Iain, go and check the serial numbers, my Brompton was nicked recently ... the Police said they thought it would probably leave the country fairly quickly!

Have a good trip!

James
Old 9 May 2016, 07:50 (Ref:3640267)   #1297
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRSTR5 View Post
the Police said they thought it would probably leave the country fairly quickly!

James
'Fairly quickly' being a relative term....

Are they cycling all the way to Pau- How many days will that take? Guess they've got 12 days to do it....
Old 10 May 2016, 05:00 (Ref:3640545)   #1298
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Good day yesterday . Only 180 clicks to go to Le Luc . Just had a quasson upwards and onwards
Old 10 May 2016, 05:40 (Ref:3640548)   #1299
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
You've done well- I worked out 14 hrs in a truck from Ouistreham!

For anyone (like me) not familiar with Le Luc / Circuit du Var- http://circuitduvar.com/circuit/

Just inland from St Trops and St Maxime. Useful if testing doesn't go too well.....
Old 11 May 2016, 06:19 (Ref:3640790)   #1300
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Had fun at Le Luc yesterday . Great little track but glad I was not paying the track fee. Had nice BBQ in the Evening . Now rolling in to Monaco . Keep you posted 😀
Closed Thread