Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Sep 2010, 07:16 (Ref:2753946)   #51
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
i reckon if you go back to every 12 hour thread on her there are prople complaining about the eligibility, based on what you are suggesting then the race should not be happening
None of the previous four 12hrs have had rules that said local competitors could only run old cars whilst overseas entries were allowed to run new cars (as has been suggested in recent posts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
The failure of a tv network and title sponsor to buy into the event it what brought it to its knees. As racer suggests the unstable regulations would have been a factor in this.
It was cyclical in my opinion. The sponsors wouldn't buy in because apart from the two Monaro's the pointy end of the field was quite slim, as none of the top teams seemed to be allowed the freedom's that Holden were with the Monaro, and because they didn't enter then therefore no sponsors were keen etc etc..... all this meant was RP was propping it up....
Old 5 Sep 2010, 11:18 (Ref:2754698)   #52
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
The regulations may have been a factor, but they may not have also or may have been a really minor factor
Thanks for the spine tingling insight peck.

In regards to the unstable regs, the fact that competitors were suggesting they wouldnt return unless there were changes is probably an indicator of what was facing Palmer and the event.
Old 8 Sep 2010, 06:22 (Ref:2756046)   #53
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
davo. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talking about regulations, I'm very confused by the eligibility, especially class C and I.

In class I you have the Shelby Mustang GT500 and Nissan 370Z, in class C you have the Ford Mustang FR 500c and the Nissan 350Z. What the heck!!!!!

Why not go back to the days of dividing cars by price as well as power to weight, not production car championship classes.

eg lets say

Class C - (anything above $150,000) that is competitive to Nissan GTR, say corvette. cars that could qualify between 2.20 - 2.25

class D (cars between say $60,000 - $150,000 anything below Nissan GTR)
include STI, Evo, HSV GTS, BMW 135i, FPV F6, Nissan 370Z, lotus exige cup 260, Audi TT RS, BMW M3. cars that could qualify between say 2.25 - 2.30/35, also allow group n Subaru sti's, ford focus RS

Class E - SS, xr6T, xr8, 130i and even overseas models such as mugen honda civic
2.35 - 2.42

Class F 2.42 - 2.49

What do you think?

Also allow proddies to run slicks to quicken times
Old 15 Sep 2010, 00:28 (Ref:2759539)   #54
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In AA today, there is a suggestion that Mr Bright & Mr Halliday are likely to team up in Mr Halliday's MRS Racing Porsche 911 for the B12 next year

Oddly enough, this discussion does not take account of the driver seeding challenge...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Sep 2010, 09:18 (Ref:2759645)   #55
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
It's shaping up as being a massive event. February 4-6 2011.
GT interest from at home and abroad, Production interest surprisingly up given the threatened boycott at this year's event.
Already Formula Vee and Improved Production are confirmed as support categories, with another 2/3 categories set to be announced in the coming months.
Group A/C is a definite maybe too.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 11:39 (Ref:2759730)   #56
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That would be an outstanding addition to the event.
Old 15 Sep 2010, 22:03 (Ref:2760098)   #57
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
In AA today, there is a suggestion that Mr Bright & Mr Halliday are likely to team up in Mr Halliday's MRS Racing Porsche 911 for the B12 next year

Oddly enough, this discussion does not take account of the driver seeding challenge...
Any V8SC driver is seeded and even if Halliday's NZ, US or Porsche Supercup drives/results aren't on the seeding reg's as such, the ultimate decision on whether someone is a seeded driver lies with the organisers.

So don't expect this pairing to happen...shame
Old 20 Sep 2010, 22:45 (Ref:2762206)   #58
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Based on what is being written here, it is annoying to see the event being restricted from it full potential if these are the facts.
Im sure that Stephen Ratal's series runs with one pro driver and one gentleman driver.
Is the B12 following the same guidelines?
Old 20 Sep 2010, 23:46 (Ref:2762224)   #59
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Im sure that Stephen Ratal's series runs with one pro driver and one gentleman driver.
Is the B12 following the same guidelines?
Yes, for the GT cars, only 1 of the 3 drivers can be a pro/seeded.

See this article (ref: just under the 2nd pic)
Old 20 Sep 2010, 23:59 (Ref:2762226)   #60
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sports Sedans look like being the 5th and final support category at the 12 Hour.The ad for the meeting in the Muscle Car Masters program listed them as one of the supports.I hope the GroupA/C fields more resemble those at the Masters rather than what turned up to Bathurst this Easter.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 09:42 (Ref:2762383)   #61
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
I must have missed something Alan52, we had 23 cars at the mountain at Easter time and apart from the lack of Fords there was a reasonable mix I thought? Sure it wasn't the 48 cars that we had at Muscle Car Masters but it wasn't that bad was it?
Old 23 Sep 2010, 04:39 (Ref:2763349)   #62
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"In 2011 each driver entered in a competing vehicle will be required to set a lap time during qualifying.

These times will then be amalgamated to create the starting time for that vehicle, placing an emphasis on finding three evenly-matched drivers who can team up to create the lowest aggregate time for their car."

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 23 Sep 2010, 11:18 (Ref:2763469)   #63
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently the first entry for the race has been received. Anyone have any ideas on who it might be or heard any word?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 25 Sep 2010, 04:45 (Ref:2764261)   #64
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Apparently a Malaysian Porsche GT3R has already been entered-could be one and the same, or could be different.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 08:33 (Ref:2765899)   #65
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
First entry goes to Paul Freestone in his Chev Corvette in class C. Co-drivers are rally ace Neal Bates and Paul's lead mechanic Hayden Pullen.

There is also talk that a contingent of drivers from the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge are working towards entries for the race. Matt Kingsley is among competitors looking to enter as well as Yuey Tan with another asian carrera cup competitor.
Old 29 Sep 2010, 05:09 (Ref:2766425)   #66
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Nice car that Corvette, great to have Neal Bates driving too.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 07:33 (Ref:2773623)   #67
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Dean Grant will be entering his Vodka O Mosler with Max Twigg and Geoff Emery as co-drivers.

Any word of other combinations
Old 12 Oct 2010, 09:38 (Ref:2773682)   #68
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
I know of one top runner of recent years who is not entering as a protest to the GT cars being allowed. His rationale is why would we spend $100k to build a better car and $30k for the meeting to run mid field and get bugger all TV? I have to say I see his point.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 09:41 (Ref:2773685)   #69
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe View Post
I know of one top runner of recent years who is not entering as a protest to the GT cars being allowed. His rationale is why would we spend $100k to build a better car and $30k for the meeting to run mid field and get bugger all TV? I have to say I see his point.
And from some of the chatter I heard over the weekend he is not the only one. Apparently the entries are a lot slower coming in than they have been in previous years.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 12 Oct 2010, 10:14 (Ref:2773702)   #70
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
You can't blame these guys, they've supported the race for years and have had plans to better themselves only to have those plans torn apart by the entry of the GT cars. Does anybody really want them?
Old 13 Oct 2010, 00:04 (Ref:2774090)   #71
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Its still class based racing guys...only difference is theres now something a little more exciting than an Evo fest...

The comments about bugger all tv from sooks who had the event to themselves in previous years is hilarious. Was there any whining from non-ouright production car entries about this?...no...and they still got plenty of coverage anyway.

Sepang, Dubai...all over the world they have enduros with a mix of GT and production classes. But over here we whine about it...gee we're special.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 00:33 (Ref:2774100)   #72
applecart
Rookie

applecart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Stations View Post
Its still class based racing guys...only difference is theres now something a little more exciting than an Evo fest...

The comments about bugger all tv from sooks who had the event to themselves in previous years is hilarious. Was there any whining from non-ouright production car entries about this?...no...and they still got plenty of coverage anyway.

Sepang, Dubai...all over the world they have enduros with a mix of GT and production classes. But over here we whine about it...gee we're special.
which class are you running in at this event?
Old 13 Oct 2010, 01:08 (Ref:2774110)   #73
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was hard to see the Bathurst 12 Hour event progressing with the cars they had. I can see how the top 5 cars could be annoyed...but that is only 5 cars - other than that, they were mid field or class wins anyway - so the term vocal minority comes to mind.

I don't think we can expect the world from the 2011 event to be honest. It will probably take a bit of time to gather itself. You only have to look at the Hungary 12 Hours on the weekend. They had 23 cars - a small field for a race like that, but it was good racing, but has room to grow.

I don't think it would be unfair to say that the TV audience was small and the crowd was small for 2010 and previous races. If the TV and live crowd grows, as hopefully it will, won't it be better value to those top production cars to be seen by more people, even if they do have a reduction in 'presence'?
Old 13 Oct 2010, 01:44 (Ref:2774116)   #74
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by applecart View Post
which class are you running in at this event?
Not my go personally. Would rather race a full season than blow the annual budget in one go. But I know what I'd rather watch...

Sepang 2007 from 92 entries, 2 Civics finished in top 5 from memory behind a winning 996 RSR.
Production car guys here need to have some imagination and a bit of daring rather than crying like little girls.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 01:58 (Ref:2774118)   #75
Wood-duck
Racer

Wood-duck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Sheep Stations;2774090]Its still class based racing guys...only difference is theres now something a little more exciting than an Evo fest...[QUOTE]

What car won the race last year ?