Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Feb 2002, 20:31 (Ref:210334)   #26
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Although I found it rather amusing I think that the guy who drove an entire lap of Le Mans in his Porsche GT in 2000 whilst leaning out of the door deserves a mention.
Old 4 Feb 2002, 21:47 (Ref:210361)   #27
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would be the fantastic Mr Babini. And in 2001, his Seikel GT3R was the class of the field, and he it's best driver. He was actually battling for a place at the time he was leaning out of the car. The bonnet had flown up... shortly before, he was in the pits, kicking out the windscreen that had shattered. This guy is driven, make no mistake. I know nothing more about him, but he deserves a go in a prototype. Unless being the best in a GT3R is really his level, in which case he should stay there. I do remember when ITV broadcast some FIA GT rounds a few years back that Derek Bell, I think, when commentating seemed to really hate Cristophe Bouchut, but he didn't say why. As for Jorg Muller, I always liked him- he was his own engineer and mechanic on his F3000 car, you've got to respect that. And JJ Lehto doesn't even need to be mentioned again in a bad driving thread. He isn't capable of driving badly, JJ is too damn good!
Old 5 Feb 2002, 04:34 (Ref:210529)   #28
choked_wasp
Racer

choked_wasp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would say Auberlen?? driving into the back of the Cannibal at Laguna in 98' throwing away the championship when doing so. And you have to love BMW's excuse: "he backed into us", mind you they were on course. doh!
Old 7 Feb 2002, 13:48 (Ref:211614)   #29
Blue2
Rookie

Blue2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Now then everyone, this thread is about the worst piece of driving in a sportscar race, not the worst bit of baiting in a 10/10ths thread! (And that includes baiting our American friends, Blue!! )
People often underestimate the sense of humour and understanding of irony our American friends actually have. All the Americans I know would get the joke!
Old 7 Feb 2002, 13:51 (Ref:211617)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I haven't the slightest doubt that's true, Blue (as my winking smiley was suggesting!!).
Old 8 Feb 2002, 11:16 (Ref:212211)   #31
Blue2
Rookie

Blue2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
I haven't the slightest doubt that's true, Blue (as my winking smiley was suggesting!!).
True blue? Who? Ooh. You blue. Enough smiling AND winking already.

Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
Although I found it rather amusing I think that the guy who drove an entire lap of Le Mans in his Porsche GT in 2000 whilst leaning out of the door deserves a mention.
I remember that 'un. Crazy fool. There was another Porsche at the end of the race in 2000 who had his pit team kick out his windscreen for some reason. Made it a little more like an open prototype. Can't remember if it was 'cause of heat, smoke, or 'cause it was broken. It didn't help much though 'cause they neglected to kick out the back window, so the air coming in the front didn't have anywhere to go. Fortunately nothing more fell apart in this air pressure.