Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18 Jul 2011, 18:55 (Ref:2928215)   #1
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
The Oddball-GT-Thread

It seems to me like there have been quite a few rather unconventional GT-cars popping up across Europe lately, and I think this might be an intertesting new trend. Whereas the mid-noughties were generally marked by a certain conformity as far as the choice of cars was concerned, there is a great number of one/off GTs semi-prototypes nowadays, quite similar to the way things were e.g. in Brit GT in the late 90s.

As of now most of these cars seem to be restricted to 2nd tier championships like Britcar or Dutch Supercar, but at least the new Chevron has made it into the British GT-championship this year and I am wondering if more such cars will eventually make it into the really important series.

And then, the question is, of course, if these cars are even desirable for the various series and spectators - after all not everybody likes the idea of top tire GT-Series becoming something of a kit-car meeting.

Here are some pictures of the cars I am thinking about:

Sunred SRX (IntL GT-Open, IberGT)

Praga R4S (Dutch Supercar)

Aquila CR1 (Britcar, Dutch Supercar)

Mosler Super GT600 (Britcar, Dutch Supercar)

Chevron GR8 (British GT, GT-Cup)