Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Sep 2002, 15:32 (Ref:380702)   #1
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa recieves penalty!

Felippe Massa recieved a penalty after the race for the incident between him and Pedro de la Rosa, he will have to start 10 places behind his qualifying position in Indianapolis(so unless he scores better than 11th place he will be at the back of the grid).
Old 15 Sep 2002, 15:39 (Ref:380714)   #2
*formula3*
Veteran

Germany
*formula3* should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that´s the chance for alex yoong...
the only chance of being 19th..when he qualifies
Old 15 Sep 2002, 15:43 (Ref:380720)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
As far as i'm concerned, the Massa/PDLR incident was no different from the Kimi/Taku incident, so why wasn't Kimi penalised? I'm not saying that i want to see these penalties given out, but if they are going to be awarded, lets at least have some consistancy!
Old 15 Sep 2002, 17:34 (Ref:380830)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To paraphrase Jeremy Shaw, I didn't see the incident, so I won't blame Massa yet. But I'd imagien he was at fault because he's been driving so erratically for ages, and its rare to see a posh refined person like PDLR genuinely angry, and the same goes for Takuma.

Kimi did get penalised, but only by removing his best lap so he only lost 1 place. Massa's been crossing the stewards repeatedly recently, and he's shown all team owners considering him that he's just not ready for F1, if he ever will be. New Senna??????? Senna didn't drive like a nitwit for so many races when the pressure's on.
Old 15 Sep 2002, 23:31 (Ref:381091)   #5
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by *formula3*
that´s the chance for alex yoong...
the only chance of being 19th..when he qualifies
Well in France he outqualified both the Arrows and Fisichella to start P19.
Old 16 Sep 2002, 00:40 (Ref:381135)   #6
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
As far as i'm concerned, the Massa/PDLR incident was no different from the Kimi/Taku incident, so why wasn't Kimi penalised?
Good point mr.v

Del-a-Rosa has pulled a similar move in the past as well - I think it was on Frentzen a few years back and got away with it as well - more recently the Kimi/Sato shunt just cost Kimi his best time in qualifying - whereas these guys have put Massa 10 slots back which is absolute rubbish.

And you know what else is rubbish...its the fact the stewards penalized Ralf for "jumping the first chicane" yet didnt do anything whatsoever to Del-A-Rosa and Mcnish who did the exact same thing at the start and gained 5-6 places.

Talk about being selective..or just plain incompetent.

Last edited by Mania; 16 Sep 2002 at 00:41.
Old 16 Sep 2002, 00:42 (Ref:381139)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just another bookmark in the comedy of errors that is Felipe Massa's 2002 F1 season.

The boy has speed but he can make some bonehead moves. Frankly, Sauber have made the wise choice in taking on HHF - experience is needed in that team at the moment. Massa is fast but far too inconsistent while Nick is just... what is going on Nick?!?!?!

Whatever his problem is, he's struggling at the moment, particularly in qualifying though he's been racing well as per usual. And my support hasn't diminished!
Old 16 Sep 2002, 06:33 (Ref:381257)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not very consistent as usual are they !.......If Kimi lost only one place , how comes massa should lose 10 ..Both were totally at fault...but imagine what Ron Dennis woud have said had Kimi lost 10 places!...doesnt bare thinking about does it .
Old 16 Sep 2002, 08:41 (Ref:381335)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mania

And you know what else is rubbish...its the fact the stewards penalized Ralf for "jumping the first chicane"
Have to say that that decision was harsh, i initially thought that maybe Rafe had gained a penalty, but when i saw it from Rubens onboard camera, it was obvious that both Williams drivers cut the chicane, neither gained an advantage, so should have been allowed to keep their positions. As Sato san said, there's no consistancy, if i could tell that he hadn't gained an advantage from watching the TV screen, then surely the stewards can tell that also!

Last edited by Mr V; 16 Sep 2002 at 08:42.
Old 17 Sep 2002, 00:08 (Ref:382023)   #10
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't agree with this losing 10 places rubbish. The guys out there are racers - occasionally they are going to get it wrong. To penalise someone 10 places is utter garbage. Surely they can think of more appropriate penalties than that. Why should Massa's USGP weekend be stuffed up by an infringement from 2 weeks ago?
Old 18 Sep 2002, 03:40 (Ref:383035)   #11
RaceCarFanatic
Rookie

RaceCarFanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the penalty on Massa is bull****. Pedro illegally passed him for the postion a lap earlier and didn't reliquish the the spot back. So Massa took his spot back. Pedro should of gave back the spot in the first place. Why didn't Peter Sauber protest the pass? Pedro should have been penalized too !!! Look at the replay of the pass on Speedvision this sunday. Pedro was in the wrong.
Old 18 Sep 2002, 03:44 (Ref:383038)   #12
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RaceCarFanatic
So Massa took his spot back.
He didn't exactly take it back - he hit him and took them both out.

I maintain my views - as previously stated - in regards to the penalty.