Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 25 Oct 2002, 11:45 (Ref:413057)   #51
ginettag27
Racer

ginettag27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We had this very problem in the Ginetta G20s.. The rollcage was a little too low/level.. but this has been solved by welding on a 'bump' which raises the top of the cage by about 2.5 - 3 inches. Not too pretty, but a good move, plus not very expensive. Obviously the smaller drivers don't need this, but those of around 5'11" and above need them..

For the point of scrutineering, I can't agree with including this in scrutineering.. The car is checked for general safety and overalls and helmet. I would suggest that it stays as it is, but that when drivers are called to the assembly area that this is where it's checked - too late I know to make a change, but it's your safety that's being considered here, but I think it would be tough to object at that point from being excluded as you should already have checked this detail beforehand. Plus you'd only ever fall foul of this once...

EPS
Old 25 Oct 2002, 11:47 (Ref:413059)   #52
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Cynic, thanks for making your point clear. I think if you look back through the thread Scrutineer (or another member) did quote the Blue Book and the relevant rule.

It seems we all talk with one voice which is always a good thing. As for me, I will continue to do written reports to the C of the C for any driver I think who does not conform to the rules or, who's helmet appears to be level with the top of the roll cage.
Old 25 Oct 2002, 11:49 (Ref:413061)   #53
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
EPS your post and mine overlapped!

The assembly area would indeed be a good place for it to be checked. That is one of the only times the car is seen with the driver strapped in and ready to race/practice. Now, how do we go about getting the assembly area marshals to help? Any ideas anyone?
Old 25 Oct 2002, 11:57 (Ref:413071)   #54
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stephen as I said earlier in this thread if the chief pits or chief paddock attend the briefing an instruction could go out to check roll hoops. Perhaps you should talk to Alec or Bernie about them attending. The cars are called up 20 mins before practice so this would give time to make a judgement and call a scrutineer if required. If not just keep on sending the reports to the CoC and I am sure he will get the message eventually (not).