Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Downforce Radio MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old Today, 11:55 (Ref:3704041)   #211
gary396
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Colin's in New Zealand isn't he? So Kiwis not Aussies - different altogether Bauble.
Old Today, 11:58 (Ref:3704042)   #212
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I wonder what sort of impression the Aussies have of English racing drivers following Colin's adventures Down Under?
Hopefully Colin isn't the 'lone Brit' racing down under at the moment! Sorry to hear about the rain though- maybe that's why NZ always looks so green in pics....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Personally I would love a copy of both Mike, if you can afford a) The price(s) and b) To wait for repayment until we next meet, or add P&P., although I would be in no rush to receive the items.
I'll see what is on the shelf Monday. The Gordini book wasn't reduced to same level as the V16 tome, so I'll get more detail (+ author etc) and PM you after doing so.

OK?
Old Today, 13:01 (Ref:3704053)   #213
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Well I thought I'd have one last try at stopping the excessive smoke from my old Clio so I poured a couple of engine treatment bottles into it. Then backed it on my drive, as it has to be left ticking over for an hour or so, only to notice it was pumping oil out of the exhaust over the drive. I put a spill kit and some absorbent granules under the exhaust and left it running.
Result, exhaust now seems to be full of oil and it still smokes, although not quite as badly if you don't rev it too much. I've just been on one of these we take your scrap car away websites and it seems they'll offer 70, I wonder if they turn up, have a sharp intake of breath and say a tenner
Old Today, 13:04 (Ref:3704054)   #214
John Elwin
Racer

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Hopefully Colin isn't the 'lone Brit' racing down under at the moment! Sorry to hear about the rain though- maybe that's why NZ always looks so green in pics....

I'll see what is on the shelf Monday. The Gordini book wasn't reduced to same level as the V16 tome, so I'll get more detail (+ author etc) and PM you after doing so.

OK?
Didn't mean to turn you into an international book dealer, Mike!

I imagine the Gordini book is Roy Smith's well-regarded tome, published by Veloce, as I don't think there is much else on the subject in English. Having had my copy for nearly a year, I finally pealed the cellophane wrapper off just now & had a quick flick of the pages. It certainly seems to be comprehensive, with plenty of pictures, statistics etc.
Old Today, 14:49 (Ref:3704073)   #215
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
bauble is going for a new world record!bauble is going for a new world record!bauble is going for a new world record!bauble is going for a new world record!bauble is going for a new world record!bauble is going for a new world record!bauble is going for a new world record!bauble is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think Colin's in New Zealand isn't he? So Kiwis not Aussies - different altogether Bauble. ]
I did not realise they were different places, surely they are all 'down there'?

I hate pedants.