Old 25 Mar 2004, 20:51 (Ref:919464)   #1
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seonc Car at Mi-Jack?

According to Champweb.net:

"Eric Bachelart stated in today's media teleconference that Mi-Jack Conquest Racing is about to finalize a deal that would see them have 2-car for the 2004 season. This would not be a joint effort, instead it would be an entirely ran operation by the Mi-Jack Conquest Racing team. Bachelart also stated the importance of having a 2-car operation, and seemed pretty adamant that this deal will happen."

If this actually happens, who could that second car be?
Old 26 Mar 2004, 01:52 (Ref:919733)   #2
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely fantastic news. The quality of the grid just went up. 6'3" up to be exact
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 26 Mar 2004, 02:28 (Ref:919752)   #3
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I still can't figure out who the two drivers are. Wilson for one, but who else? Haberfeld? Servia? Or even Christian Fittipaldi?
Old 26 Mar 2004, 02:31 (Ref:919753)   #4
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
.....or Townsend Bell!? Next to Carp, Bell is Sue's favourite driver! LOL
Old 26 Mar 2004, 02:39 (Ref:919755)   #5
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, Dov,

Shouldn't you change your signature?

Cheers,

Muzza

Last edited by Muzza; 26 Mar 2004 at 02:40.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 02:54 (Ref:919760)   #6
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Muzza
Hey, Dov,

Shouldn't you change your signature?

Cheers,

Muzza
Why's that, Muzza? I put that signature in there after Carp was let go by Forsythe.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 13:12 (Ref:920074)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Haberfeld sems unlikely, as I suspect they would finalise a deal to keep him as soon as they could. Mario's confidence might be dented by the apparent prioritizing of Justin (although, in fairness, Justin looks like the better driver).

Townsend Bell's been linked to a number of drives,a dn OWRS might provide some funding for him, so he has to be a contender - although the 3 Amigos might place him at Hemelgarn's rumoured entry.

Servia's not been in the running for other drives, adn has no funding to bring - maybe MiJack have upped their involvement.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 13:22 (Ref:920085)   #8
racefanatic
Racer

United States
Mindy
racefanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's going on with Michael Valiante??? I guess Walker isn't going to run him, so where is he going?
Old 26 Mar 2004, 15:24 (Ref:920170)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr. Bell has personal sponsorship, or he did have, as I remember. That may be a consideration. Mr. Junqueira will need massive Prozac infusions if he does come back though!

Personally I'd love to see Nicolas Prost in that car. In any car. Or the young Rosberg, whose first name I can't recall. But mainly Prost. The world needs more Prosts.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 15:41 (Ref:920183)   #10
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
Why's that, Muzza? I put that signature in there after Carp was let go by Forsythe.
That's a good enough reason to me, Dov! I feared you were feeling discouraged!

Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Haberfeld sems unlikely, as I suspect they would finalise a deal to keep him as soon as they could. Mario's confidence might be dented by the apparent prioritizing of Justin (although, in fairness, Justin looks like the better driver).

Townsend Bell's been linked to a number of drives,a dn OWRS might provide some funding for him, so he has to be a contender - although the 3 Amigos might place him at Hemelgarn's rumoured entry.

Servia's not been in the running for other drives, adn has no funding to bring - maybe MiJack have upped their involvement.
Considering the uncertain situation Champ Car faced, Haberfeld was eyeing Brazilian Stock Cars (where, by the way, Hoover Orsi, Airton DarĂ© and VĂ*tor Meira - the two latter former, and rather successful, IRL drivers - have landed). He has not signed with any team yet, though. I believe, Bootsontheside, that Justin Wilson had more interest than Haberfeld on the Conquest seat since the beginning of the negotiations (I understand Justin Wilson and Conquest first talked to each other in January) - Wilson's contacts with Conquest were much more frequent than Haberfeld's.

Servia may land on Conquest second car, but I don't think his name is at the top of Eric Bachelart's list.

Quote:
Originally posted by racefanatic

What's going on with Michael Valiante??? I guess Walker isn't going to run him, so where is he going?
There is not much going on with Michael - definitely one of the most talented of the young drivers - which may not be necessarily bad. The fact that him and Johanthan Macri have not been seen looking for (another) job may indicate negotiations are still on. A friend of mine talked to Derrick Walker a few weeks ago and once again he said marvellous things about Valiante. The big question, of course, is where Walker is going to go - if anywhere.

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Mr. Bell has personal sponsorship, or he did have, as I remember. That may be a consideration. Mr. Junqueira will need massive Prozac infusions if he does come back though!

Personally I'd love to see Nicolas Prost in that car. In any car. Or the young Rosberg, whose first name I can't recall. But mainly Prost. The world needs more Prosts.
His name is Nico Rosberg, Liz. Considering his career path, and the fact that he has close links with BMW, I think a season in Champ Cars is quite unlikely. But you are absolutely right - having him in the series would be a major public relations boost.

Cheers,

Muzza
Old 26 Mar 2004, 17:06 (Ref:920264)   #11
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Muzza
That's a good enough reason to me, Dov! I feared you were feeling discouraged!
Hey Muzza, I hope you don't mind my new signature.....you know I'm only having some fun with you!?
Old 26 Mar 2004, 22:33 (Ref:920610)   #12
sgw2
Racer

United States
Sunnyvale, California
sgw2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The second driver at Conquest will be the same as the drivers at DCR ... Hertz

Last edited by sgw2; 26 Mar 2004 at 22:34.
Old 26 Mar 2004, 22:37 (Ref:920618)   #13
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by sgw2
The second driver at Conquest will be the same as the drivers at DCR ... Hertz