Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Feb 2002, 11:54 (Ref:211033)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Special Announcement: Gary Longo Relief Fund

From the Feb. 5 Toronto Sun :

A special fund-raising effort is under way to help Trans-Am series driver Gary Longo , who suffered critical injuries last year during a race at Mosport's road course.

Longo suffered a broken neck after he was involved in a crash that killed part-time driver Mike Gagliardo . Nine operations later Longo is still unable to speak or eat by himself. Kerry Alexander , owner of Longo's LAC Motorsports Panoz Esperante, has set up a fund to help the driver and his wife Molly. Donations can be sent to The Gary Longo Relief Fund c/o National City Bank, 9168 Otis Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46216

================

I met both Gary and Mike at the Trans-Am Weekend where this accident happened, and I confess that after I heard Gary was out of danger, I assumed he was recovering much more quickly than he is. Gary is a former U.S. Marine as well as a fine young driver, and if you can send a contribution, or just keep him and Molly in your prayers, I know they would appreciate it.

Motor Racing is Dangerous, but as Alex Zanardi proved to us, it doesn't have to kill your spirit.