Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 4 Jun 2006, 10:23 (Ref:1626708)   #1
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1:18 Mansell 1991 hitchhiking Senna car

of the British GP, well it finally arrived, very nice model, worth the wait, just suprised that it's in a Senna box when it's a Mansell car and also is a see threw box...
Old 4 Jun 2006, 10:27 (Ref:1626713)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The model required authorisation from the Senna Foundation to go into production, so I imagine the deal was to have it in Senna packaging.

It is a great model though.
Old 5 Jun 2006, 21:49 (Ref:1627973)   #3
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is. It is just so stunning, it would look good in anyone's collection I promise lol!
Old 8 Jul 2006, 14:13 (Ref:1650878)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I collect the 1:18 Senna models but I don't really see how this fits in with that? If I collected Mansell models I could see the connection, but... Help!
Old 8 Jul 2006, 14:21 (Ref:1650883)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Get it anyways Craig.

It is a great reminder of a day that Senna ground to a halt on the last lap.

Nah, you're right. Don't get it, unless you are hellbent on getting everything that has a Senna figurine included.
Old 8 Jul 2006, 14:34 (Ref:1650889)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
hehe I am afraid I have a little money sat in my bank account whilst I remortgage my house. It is going to be there until this time next month. It is no coincidence that my model collection is increasing at present I do hope that I don't end up with this model in my cabinet anytime soon.. the bank manager will be angry...
Old 12 Jul 2006, 20:09 (Ref:1654792)   #7
ngdragon
Rookie

Wales
ngdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Senna/ Mansell Taxi- Minichamps 1:18

Anyone else find that the Senna figure does not sit properly on the model? If it grips the airbox his bum is perched up in the air- I can't believe he was perched like this?
Old 12 Jul 2006, 22:27 (Ref:1654917)   #8
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
I just looked at it, and you are right, ng....
Old 13 Jul 2006, 15:47 (Ref:1655450)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
This is the best photo I can find on the net so, not having seen the model myself, I can't comment. Perhaps one of you can post a photo so we can see?
Old 13 Jul 2006, 17:47 (Ref:1655532)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I don't have this problem on mine. You just have to sit him down properly! Though I have put mine back in its box anyways so it doesn't matter.