Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 22 Nov 2015, 22:14 (Ref:3592488)   #601
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Go Kyle.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 22:42 (Ref:3592491)   #602
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Go Kyle.

Old 22 Nov 2015, 22:49 (Ref:3592492)   #603
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
Personally I'm hoping karma bites NASCAR hard and Jr spins taking out Gordon on the way. Fingers crossed for that one
At least you got the bolded part right.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 00:46 (Ref:3592515)   #604
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Debris yellow. What a joke. I am thankful as it gives another chance to "not Kyle Busch" but gimme a break.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 00:46 (Ref:3592516)   #605
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LOL Debris...... Plastic water bottle opposite the flag stand...

Why so obvious Nascar?
Old 23 Nov 2015, 00:53 (Ref:3592519)   #606
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I am going to puke.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 00:55 (Ref:3592520)   #607
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Woohoo. Kyle Busch. Well played sir, after a massive head start for everyone
Old 23 Nov 2015, 01:19 (Ref:3592523)   #608
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know right, a little bottle sitting completely off the track. It's probably been there all night and they were waiting for 10 to go to throw it. In fact, Nascar probably planted it there pre-race. Completely joke of a caution, but hey this is entertainment, the entire chase is for entertainment.

The true champ is Harvick, as he had the most points without the chase reset. But I don't mind Kyle winning it, he's been so close before and Harvick doesn't need two in a row.

He did it the right way by winning. You can't have Kes, JJ, Logano, Kenseth, etc claiming they could have won it if they weren't eliminated,because none of them were going to beat beat Kyle or Harvick in the final anyway.

I don't get why Gordon or Truex didn't try 2 tyres though. They didn't stand a chance by taking 4 tyres unless Kyle and Kevin wrecked.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 01:48 (Ref:3592528)   #609
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooo...........
Old 23 Nov 2015, 02:09 (Ref:3592532)   #610
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Kyle Busch, with him missing one third of the races, and NOT popular with the fans, is the driver that this "chase" deserves as champ.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 02:23 (Ref:3592535)   #611
Nathan_258
Rookie

Nathan_258 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not to worry, the sport will be dead in a few years.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 02:37 (Ref:3592542)   #612
belt driven
Racer

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't like you, Kyle. When Pretty Boys Inc tried to spin you for the second time @ delayed 2012 Daytona 500 (and jeffie went dirtysideup) and you saved it; I knew you were good. Congratulations.

Good show, Harvick. You were a contender all season. You'll be back.

Bye, jeff. My season slogan was "shoutout for a shutout." You screwed that up a few weeks ago. If you had won a bassackwards championship this might have been the last Nascar race I watched. Next year could be tough. I saw your xfinity race tryouts. You're a lousy commentator. Hope it's short.

Martin Truex, you are the real hero this season. It's been a long time since the big team drivers had to listen to so much spotter chatter about a small team guy so often. Kickazz next year.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 09:28 (Ref:3592615)   #613
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
I don't get why Gordon or Truex didn't try 2 tyres though. They didn't stand a chance by taking 4 tyres unless Kyle and Kevin wrecked.
I can only speak for Gordon because I was on his radio and in his
in car camera the whole race. He did not have a good enough balance
in the car to gamble on 2 tires. The handling was a mess most of the race
even with 4 new tires.
Old 23 Nov 2015, 09:48 (Ref:3592622)   #614
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Glad Kyle won if Truex Jnr couldn't - Kyle is a worthy driver with his record. Harvick is the unlucky one with this system, but it has been around for 11/12 years now & it is the same for all driver...
Old 24 Nov 2015, 03:26 (Ref:3592874)   #615
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Glad Kyle won if Truex Jnr couldn't - Kyle is a worthy driver with his record. Harvick is the unlucky one with this system, but it has been around for 11/12 years now & it is the same for all driver...
This is only the second year of this system where the points are reset over and over the last 10 races. Without all of this playoffs nonsense, Harvick would have won the championship this year, but he would have lost last year, to Jeff Gordon.
Old 28 Nov 2015, 13:37 (Ref:3593865)   #616
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_258 View Post
Old 28 Nov 2015, 19:35 (Ref:3593927)   #617
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_258 View Post
At this rate, I'm inclined to believe that within the next five to ten years, the state of nascar will be very grim. To emphasize that point, I am connected a few facebook pages of tracks that the tour races on i.e. Daytona, New Hampshire (My local track), and Sonoma and I am not lying when I tell you that the vast majority of comments that you could find on those pages contain just outright negative and/or angry criticism directed towards the sanctioning body, management etc, etc. The fans are finally smartening up and calling out nascar on their horsepuckey, took them almost a decade.

Unless something changes quick, or the powers that be make some wholesale changes that would revitalize the series (doubtful), then nascar has a dark future ahead of itself.

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 28 Nov 2015 at 19:40.
Old 29 Nov 2015, 22:37 (Ref:3594287)   #618
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Yeah, I am done with the series. I'll follow Chase "in the papers" and I'll maybe watch the races I'm interested in, but that's it. I'm out.
Old 29 Nov 2015, 23:59 (Ref:3594328)   #619
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
I think there's something of a natural decline with NASCAR even if they stuck out with the original formula. It's just a pity they have to wreck the sport in a futile effort to arrest that decline. Instead it'll only quicken the fall.
Old 30 Nov 2015, 21:36 (Ref:3594558)   #620
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sprint will be in the last year of their sponsorship of the series. It will be interesting to see when they announce a replacement. Also, what Nascar does with dealing with the team ownership group headed by Rob Kauffman.

I also wonder if Roush can come back to their previous form.
Old 25 Dec 2015, 12:59 (Ref:3600145)   #621
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anybody computed what the 2015 top 10 points table would have been if the pre-chase scoring system had been used? I would like to know who the real champion would have been.
Old 25 Dec 2015, 13:28 (Ref:3600149)   #622
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Jasyski's site:

1) #4-Kevin Harvick(C1), 1321
2) #22-Joey Logano(EC), 1299, -22
3) #2-Brad Keselowski(EC), 1217, -104
4) #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr. (EC), 1198, -123
5) #78-Martin Truex Jr.(C4), 1165, -156
6) #48-Jimmie Johnson(EC), 1155, -166
7) #11-Denny Hamlin(EC), 1117, -204
8) #24-Jeff Gordon(C2), 1110, -211
9) #41-Kurt Busch(EC), 1108, -213
10) #19-Carl Edwards(EC), 1108, -213

http://www.jayski.com/news/pages/sto...-Chase-History

IMO points should only be handed out for the top 20, with a larger margin from 1st to 2nd.
Old 26 Dec 2015, 12:38 (Ref:3600258)   #623
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greetings everyone. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! You know, we're only 57 days away from the 2016 Daytona 500! Time is really going by fast. I'm wondering it isn't time to start the 2016 Sprint Cup Season thread. I will not do it, as I believe someone already has that honor. I'm not going to jump them. Just wondering though. Y'all have a great day.
Old 26 Dec 2015, 22:31 (Ref:3600310)   #624
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks, PabloTeK.

So Joey Logano would have been the real champion if Kenseth the moron hadn't wrecked him at Martinsville.

Last edited by morninggents; 26 Dec 2015 at 22:37.
Old 27 Dec 2015, 12:40 (Ref:3600400)   #625
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Speaking of the coming 2016 season, first time for the all digital
dash board. This is kind of a big deal. Gone will be the analog dials
affixed in the dash so that all the pointers would align at 12 oclock
if everything was nominal. Most drivers will be use to the setup from
their sportscar stints but nonetheless a pretty big change.

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASCA...vers-Seat.aspx