Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 6 Nov 2015, 13:15 (Ref:3588562)   #1
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Victor Meldrew Trophy 15th November Brands Indy

There are a a few places left

Despite my best efforts to the contrary, the 9th annual Meldrew is scheduled to take place at its spiritual home, the Brands Hatch Indy Circuit on Sunday 15thNovember.
With the recent good news on the economy and before the benefit cuts are implemented, I trust that you will be able find some spare wonga for the entry fee - an entirely exceptional £160 for 15 mins of practice and two 15 lap races. These are on track handicap races - that is with a staggered start - so anyone could win the races, not just those with the fastest cars.

At season’s end it is not easy to find the money or motivation to venture out into the wild uplands of Kent, but for a day of nerve tingling bewilderment and general chaos in the good company of other like-minded miseries, it's worth asking the family to stretch to a little more austerity in order to get you out of the house.

Entries are open on the Meldrew entry site http://victormeldrew.barkweb.co.uk/meldrew
Those of you whom have previously entered will just need a superhuman effort to remember your login, check your car and personal details and enter on the Race Calendar tab.
Newcomers will need to register (foc) get a password via email and follow the instructions on the site.
On this link,
http://www.pbmwc.co.uk/Downloads/201...icap_form.docx you will find the regulations, such as they are, and a Meldrew Handicap form which you need to complete and return to me.

PLEASE NOTE: If you have entered previous Meldrews, I can update the handicap information. If not, I'll need the form back please.

There are also two races for cars complying with Production BMW and Production Golf GTi regulations. The same knockout price of £160.
There will be 15 minutes of qually, one 10 and one 20 minute races. Entry to these races is also on the Race Calendar tab.

Once entered, please send payment, either
by cheque payable to John Willcocks at
112 Longley Road, Chichester, West Sussex. PO19 6DD
or
for Credit Card payments call Simon Gnana-Pragasam
at MSV on 01474 875263
Hope that you can make it.
Best wishes
John
Old 7 Nov 2015, 23:13 (Ref:3588895)   #2
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm normally there in a supporting spectator role at least, unfortunately I can't make this year due to an impending heart bypass operation next Monday. Such trivial affairs have not deterred me in the past but as an official old fart I feel I must give it a miss this year and heed doctors orders.
Old 7 Nov 2015, 23:46 (Ref:3588905)   #3
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to hear that.
Very best wishes for Monday and beyond.
See you next year