Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 20 Feb 2004, 10:42 (Ref:880266)   #1
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GPL have you seen?

Have you noticed any of the things that are in the background on GPL, such as the mk1 Lotus Cortina
as you approach the hairpin on Snetterton 67.
And the man who looks like Basil Fawlty watching from the side of the track. And i think i saw a
hot air balloon somewhere as well.

What have you spotted?

Old 20 Feb 2004, 13:24 (Ref:880407)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Never noticed the Cortina, Pete.

But I did notice the scantily clad young lady on Snowitude......
Old 20 Feb 2004, 13:34 (Ref:880421)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

If you download the fantasy track "GRYAL" there are several big green ogres hiding about the place. And supposedly the crowds at Laguna '67 are fighting:confused:
Old 20 Feb 2004, 13:35 (Ref:880422)   #4
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
oh, and at Solitude, there's also the sign that says aliens go right, mortals go left (the lane to the right is funny, all sorts of silly traps waiting)
Old 20 Feb 2004, 14:01 (Ref:880452)   #5
petestenning
Veteran

I know we should be looking where we are going,

but you can spot these things in the replays.

If you have the Liepzig track you have to race on some cobbles and red bricks.

Anyway as i am always spinning i get a chance to see some of the sights close up, i am a world autority on trees!!!!
Old 20 Feb 2004, 15:20 (Ref:880520)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There are some tracks which desperately need some additional objects. On Scottie (from RSC)'s advice, I added in most of the Spa buildings to Road 67. Still don't like it though.... Another is East London - if ever there was a dull track - that's it. I'm all for entertainment, I don't give much of a damn about the "Reality Police".....
Old 20 Feb 2004, 15:52 (Ref:880553)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Road 67, tough call really. i like it and i hate it. Some of it is fun, especially when you're really on it, but then it's infuriating at the same time because of all those stupid hidden bumps that are ready to send you spinning around every corner. I did 4 laps the other night before our race and didn't complete any of them because of that, and yet i knew i could smash my PB because i equalled it on my last lap and that was with a spin and a blown engine...
East London is a real b'tard, the AI are so shoddy there, they brake so early everywhere and then if you see one coming out of the pits as you roar by the suddenly pull onto the racing line and brake hard right infront of you without warning...
Old 20 Feb 2004, 16:31 (Ref:880592)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Loads of Surtees then.....
Old 20 Feb 2004, 16:31 (Ref:880593)   #9
petestenning
Veteran

That realy bugs me too, AI cars that run slowly down one side of the track and while your passing
pullover onto your line .
As an observer in real life i would put in a damming report if that happened on my sector
of track for real.
I have been taken out quite a few times by this
Old 20 Feb 2004, 16:36 (Ref:880596)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
They don't like being passed either. I ran a couple of offline three-lappers at Nurby earlier today. I was having a nice run in the Eagle and was about to take Brabham nice and clean (and its not easy to do that at Nurby) but would he concede? Hell as like..... Same again in the Honda, I was all over the back of McLaren for half a lap and in the end I had to nudge him off near the end of a lap - for once I salied on and he pirouetted - I smiled......... It doesn't happen like that very often with the AI....
Old 20 Feb 2004, 16:46 (Ref:880602)   #11
petestenning
Veteran

Your right they do not like being overtaken, the other night i was ahead of Surtees when i went to turn in to the corner i suddenly went off line.
Next i saw a fire ball pass me as i spun.
On the replay it appears Surtees thought he could outbrake me but he hit the inside of the corner
at speed took off two wheels and the engine then caught fire
I continued but he was left sitting in the car with no wheels and on fire,
Old 20 Feb 2004, 17:39 (Ref:880640)   #12
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
The Mexico AI punted me off in the first corner just now
I couldn't really do anything about it either, i was in the Cooper, too slow to catch the Eagle that took me out. Shame because i made a great start from 13th (out of 16, but then pole was a 47.31) Things were no better at Spa...

Last edited by pirenzo; 20 Feb 2004 at 17:39.