Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 29 May 2006, 20:10 (Ref:1622350)   #1
Scottish Billy
Rookie

Scottish Billy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what happened at GURSTON!!! I couldnt make it so i need to know!

:d
Old 29 May 2006, 20:27 (Ref:1622368)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Didn't write anything down, so can't remember much detail, great week-end though. Martin took both . Qualified top for the first and only 5th for the second, but set an almost identical time despite failing clutch. Quite brilliant.

Moose second in no 2, going very well - good to see his confidence seems to be picking up again, Scottie 3rd.

Masons had a horror with Will dropping it at Carousel in the morning and then Tim had a biggie at Hollow, fortunately without damage to driver, but a very unhappy car. Full details to make up for my lousy memory will soon appear at the excellent top12runoff site: http://www.top12runoff.co.uk/
Old 29 May 2006, 21:57 (Ref:1622457)   #3
ranoff
Racer

ranoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes there will be a very wonderful report up on top12runoff very soon written by the Editor himself.

Alternatively you could wait until Motorsport News or Autosport hit the news-stands.

It was a busy weekend for all the marshals and rescue crew who ran a superb meeting despite all the normal off-course excursions that we plan for. However, there's always one exception who finds the pace just a little too hot!

I suppose a lift down the hill at lunch break is out of the question now?
Old 29 May 2006, 22:00 (Ref:1622460)   #4
wi11iamm
Racer

England
Worcester
wi11iamm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Onboard Footage

http://2t4t.dnsalias.com/Web%20Video...board_0001.wmv

The advantages of onboard footage! The video shows the cause of the accident. The front wing fails (tips back) and immediate understeer sets in. Nice to find out exactly what happened. Without the onboard camera we wouldnt have known. Thanks Richard and Georgia.

Thanks to all the marshalls and officials.

Will
Old 29 May 2006, 22:21 (Ref:1622469)   #5
ranoff
Racer

[QUOTE=wi11iamm]Without the onboard camera we wouldnt have known. QUOTE]

And here's the bullet camera after it was removed showing some signs of distress, in need of an aspirin and a stiff drink!

Note the foliage still stuck to it..

Old 30 May 2006, 00:59 (Ref:1622534)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very pleased you're both ok. A shame the way it went as you were both looking very quick before your incidents. That's one scary video, though excellent work from Richard as usual.
Old 30 May 2006, 08:43 (Ref:1622697)   #7
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
Hows Graeme's car progressing Billy?
Old 30 May 2006, 12:11 (Ref:1622876)   #8
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good video (took an age to download!) but glad everyone's ok....
Old 30 May 2006, 13:54 (Ref:1622976)   #9
wight jr
Rookie

Scotland
up north
wight jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nae worth a ****, can`t get the (new) parts to do the job right.

[mod]please don't avoid the autocensor[/mod]

Last edited by Woolley; 30 May 2006 at 22:04.
Old 30 May 2006, 21:45 (Ref:1623337)   #10
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranoff

I suppose a lift down the hill at lunch break is out of the question now?

How did you guess....
See if you can gaze into that crystal ball of yours and predict this coming saturdays lottery numbers as well will you....

But please note.....The hands poised on the wheel ready to spring into action.....
Old 30 May 2006, 21:48 (Ref:1623342)   #11
blackx
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wi11iamm

Thanks to all the marshalls and officials.

Will

Was nice to see Tim get out of the car quite soon after the accident pretty much ok apart from being obviously quite shaken and still in shock..
Old 31 May 2006, 16:31 (Ref:1623950)   #12
Kilvy
Rookie

Kilvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A nasty accident, glad to hear Tim is OK.
We were up the hill and heard but didn't see the crash.

There were a few more incidents than normal at Gurston this time, glad nobody was injured.

Anyway cheers for putting on a good show as usual...

Kilvy

more snaps here .......http://stevekilvington.fotopic.net/c974629.html
Old 31 May 2006, 18:55 (Ref:1624058)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Ooh, I'm on one of those: http://stevekilvington.fotopic.net/p29826219.html

That was quite a thud for a small car, but it stood up very well. For some reason we were fairly busy at Ashes.
Old 31 May 2006, 20:01 (Ref:1624110)   #14
brayspeed
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hampshire
brayspeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

If it helps drivers understand what went wrong then i have footage of all four crashes and if there are no objections will post them, I dont usually post crashes but if they are used for the right reasons and if they help to find what went wrong then that is good,
Tony
Old 31 May 2006, 21:53 (Ref:1624198)   #15
Paul Ranson
Racer

Paul Ranson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice photos Steve.

Anyway I notice that this is the right way http://stevekilvington.fotopic.net/p29826241.html whereas this is clearly the wrong way http://stevekilvington.fotopic.net/p29826259.html

Something doesn't compute...

Paul
Old 31 May 2006, 22:01 (Ref:1624208)   #16
blackx
Veteran

England
Its the dark visor Paul....
Caused a momentary loss of apex....
Old 31 May 2006, 22:58 (Ref:1624233)   #17
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
It's a bit like Keith Moon from The Who. Everything about his technique was a demonstration of exactly what you shouldn't do when you're playing drums, but yet when he did it, it sounded brilliant.

Martin's one of those blokes, (and all of us on the bank have been trying to figure it for years) who can throw big lurid slides that would cost anybody else half a second, put up with entry understeer and exit oversteer, and somehow end up quicker. Don't mark yourself too hard Paul, we're all mortals to
Old 1 Jun 2006, 00:31 (Ref:1624271)   #18
ALANGRUMPY
Racer

ALANGRUMPY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blackcrow, have you noticed that we always have a busy day when the midland guys and girls are at Gurston. Is this just a coincidense?
A lovely bunch of chaps and always welcome.
Old 1 Jun 2006, 02:19 (Ref:1624305)   #19
blackx
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANGRUMPY
Blackcrow, have you noticed that we always have a busy day when the midland guys and girls are at Gurston. Is this just a coincidense?

Old 1 Jun 2006, 06:49 (Ref:1624339)   #20
quickbadgers
Rookie

United Kingdom
quickbadgers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ranson
Nice photos Steve.

Anyway I notice that this is the right way http://stevekilvington.fotopic.net/p29826241.html whereas this is clearly the wrong way http://stevekilvington.fotopic.net/p29826259.html

Something doesn't compute...

Paul

I think I might have got my line slightly wrong too http://stevekilvington.fotopic.net/p29826235.html

Cheers for the photos, I knew I struggled to get around that corner but not quite that much. Need to get a dark visor again to hide the fear in my eyes!
Old 1 Jun 2006, 07:47 (Ref:1624365)   #21
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I think they've got magnets in their pants

Anyhoo, given the constantly changing weather conditions and variety of approaches to landscape gardening on display over the two days, I thought it went pretty well in the end

Thanks to everybody who supported Gurston over the weekend.
Old 1 Jun 2006, 10:38 (Ref:1624479)   #22
ranoff
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w
It's a bit like Keith Moon from The Who. Everything about his technique was a demonstration of exactly what you shouldn't do when you're playing drums, but yet when he did it, it sounded brilliant.
Saw them live in 1968 and 1972 ... drifts off into nostalgia land

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w
Martin's one of those blokes, (and all of us on the bank have been trying to figure it for years) who can throw big lurid slides that would cost anybody else half a second, put up with entry understeer and exit oversteer, and somehow end up quicker. Don't mark yourself too hard Paul, we're all mortals to
Martin was like that from the very beginning. Used to frighten the life out of us when he had the Mallock and how he used to cope so well with that monstrous ATOL beastie is beyond me!

And by the way what a superb meeting it was. Always a pleasure to visit Gurston.
Old 1 Jun 2006, 21:25 (Ref:1624978)   #23
RED21
Rookie

RED21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Excellent range of photographs Steve,
At least I can say that I wasn't the only one having great difficulties with Ashes, I don’t think I hit the apex once all weekend http://stevekilvington.fotopic.net/p29826192.html

Last edited by RED21; 1 Jun 2006 at 21:32.
Old 1 Jun 2006, 22:02 (Ref:1625011)   #24
Jim Lamb
Racer

England
Sutton Coldfield
Jim Lamb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANGRUMPY
It's down to a special 'Black Country' Pork Pie carried on the Rescue Vehicles!

R's Jim
Old 2 Jun 2006, 00:55 (Ref:1625091)   #25
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
It's always very welcoming down there - well worth the 4½ hour trip courtesy of jams on the M5. My magnets do seem to be well and truly operational this year and I've had multiple incidents at every meeting so far this year, even when flagging.

Shelsley this week-end. *gulp* Drive carefully, folks.