Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 Jan 2018, 10:41 (Ref:3792846)   #226
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
I thought some more Ginetta LMP1 teams were going to be announced at the Autosport Show, but obviously not.......perhaps they want to see its real speed in a test first?.........

first WEC race is 5th May, so its now less than 4 months to the first race........I feel its probably now too late for any new LMP1 teams to commit?.....or am I mistaken?.....
And the (compulsory?) Prologue at Paul Ricard on 6/7 April.
Old 15 Jan 2018, 11:44 (Ref:3792858)   #227
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
which is 12 weeks / 3 months away.......crikey thats cutting it awfully fine......I would be surprised to see a few more LMP1 teams pop up in that time, with drivers signed, planned logistics and ready to go.......I just cant see it happening.......are there any LMP2 teams still dithering as to what to do in 2018 or are they all committed to LMP2?

In which case I wouldnt be surprised to see Manor expand to 2 cars quite quickly.......and perhaps Ginetta themselves to put together a factory team to make a 3 or 4 car entry.
Old 15 Jan 2018, 11:57 (Ref:3792860)   #228
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Could well be purchases made already... just no announcements out. Not saying its too optimistic, just a possibility. You never know, maybe a few cars will wait to cause a surprise at the WEC 9th February reveal..
Old 15 Jan 2018, 12:05 (Ref:3792862)   #229
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

ahhhh riiiiiight.....your obviously well informed and know more than your letting on.......
Old 15 Jan 2018, 12:54 (Ref:3792877)   #230
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
which is 12 weeks / 3 months away.......crikey thats cutting it awfully fine......I would be surprised to see a few more LMP1 teams pop up in that time, with drivers signed, planned logistics and ready to go.......I just cant see it happening.......are there any LMP2 teams still dithering as to what to do in 2018 or are they all committed to LMP2?

In which case I wouldnt be surprised to see Manor expand to 2 cars quite quickly.......and perhaps Ginetta themselves to put together a factory team to make a 3 or 4 car entry.
Even if the Ricard test is compulsory (?) teams probably would just be handed force majeure waivers for missing it, so it's not the end of the world... and Ginetta could just send a test mule chassis there themselves if they wanted to hand data for any potential customers only signing up as late as February (?)

Anyway if there is a second Manor, I'd think it to be Le Mans only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'd stick up for the Dallara in Caddy form, and say there aren't build quality issues. But yes they had issues at le mans with the stock P2.
Everything in IMSA is heavily performance balanced so I wouldn't read anything into those results
Old 15 Jan 2018, 13:57 (Ref:3792883)   #231
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well turns out that the Ricard test IS mandatory and for every registered vehicle

2018 SR 9.1
-- The Prologue (the official pre-season collective testing) is organised by the Promoter, with the prior approval of the FIA. A competitor entering for the full season of the FIA World Endurance Championship with one or more cars in one or more categories is obliged to take part in the Prologue with all its cars in all categories.

But if you enter extra vehicle for LM-only I don't think you have to, as it only says full season entries are mandated to participate

Also as said before waivers have always existed...
Old 22 Jan 2018, 15:05 (Ref:3794286)   #232
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ginetta G60-LT-P1 Has First Roll Out

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...out-video.html
Old 22 Jan 2018, 16:11 (Ref:3794304)   #233
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
Both looks and sounds like a proper race car with the proper engine - Ginetta should be very proud of this, I'm preying they get more orders.
Old 22 Jan 2018, 17:11 (Ref:3794317)   #234
Deleted
Veteran

The P3 (front) is actually aesthetically prettier in my opinion but the lower LMP spec classes don't really have to focus much on performance. Nevertheless in motion this is beauty too
Old 22 Jan 2018, 17:56 (Ref:3794338)   #235
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Ginetta G60-LT-P1 Has First Roll Out

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...out-video.html
looked a bit wet!

Can't wait to see this thing in action this year.
Old 22 Jan 2018, 17:57 (Ref:3794339)   #236
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's the sound of the Mecachrome? It looks like the sound was added later.
Old 22 Jan 2018, 21:48 (Ref:3794395)   #237
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the car quite a lot + cool livery. Will probably change.

Reminds me a little bit of 2014 R18, but looks better.
Old 22 Jan 2018, 21:59 (Ref:3794397)   #238
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If they knew about Mecachrome with outlet within the V, like at R18, they could have made something more interesting with sidepods and all that "air-through". Pity, that all other engines are not so compact.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 02:15 (Ref:3794446)   #239
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
That's the sound of the Mecachrome? It looks like the sound was added later.
Why do you say that? I didn't think that until I watched it again after reading your comment. It does sound a little off, but I think I was getting confused with the music playing.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 12:42 (Ref:3794520)   #240
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Why do you say that? I didn't think that until I watched it again after reading your comment. It does sound a little off, but I think I was getting confused with the music playing.
At the end of the video, when the screen is black it sound clear. But I had my doubts when I heard it the first time. However there is nothing to hide about the engine.

The car looks really good.
Old 23 Jan 2018, 14:50 (Ref:3794545)   #241
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, it’s gonna be something when we finally see that thing driven in anger in the championship. Certainly made the WEC continue to be worth watching. Thanks Ginetta and Manor
Old 24 Jan 2018, 07:27 (Ref:3794666)   #242
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Here's another quick video of the car
https://twitter.com/MikeSimpsonP1/st...0%7Ctwterm%5E0
Old 24 Jan 2018, 08:25 (Ref:3794677)   #243
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
Looks better every time. Credit where credits due, much like Cadillac and Dallara...... Ginetta also have put together a proper program, appear to have done their homework well, with the correct people and partners involved......I dont think Oreca can say the same.....for BR, I remain to be convinced, but Dallaras involvement may save the day, but the re-worked AER engine needs to prove itself first.

it would not surprise me to see this Ginetta trounce all the LMP1 privateer teams......I'm still struggling to believe just 1 car will run in the WEC......hopefully Manor will expand to a second car - if all planets align.......perhaps another team may also commit at the 11th hour.......my fingers are crossed.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 13:09 (Ref:3794730)   #244
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Looks better every time. Credit where credits due, much like Cadillac and Dallara...... Ginetta also have put together a proper program, appear to have done their homework well, with the correct people and partners involved......I dont think Oreca can say the same.....for BR, I remain to be convinced, but Dallaras involvement may save the day, but the re-worked AER engine needs to prove itself first.

it would not surprise me to see this Ginetta trounce all the LMP1 privateer teams......I'm still struggling to believe just 1 car will run in the WEC......hopefully Manor will expand to a second car - if all planets align.......perhaps another team may also commit at the 11th hour.......my fingers are crossed.
I hope they could bring another car. The car looks fast but they need to be reliable.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 13:55 (Ref:3794742)   #245
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Good video, it sounds a bit like a Porsche.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 20:35 (Ref:3794819)   #246
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

I hope there's no trouncing. I don't think the Ginetta is going to be as sorted as the BR Engineering Dallara at first. It's had much more running to get past any hurdles. Maybe the Ginetta will be super reliable out the box, you never know! I really want to see every one of the 4 private cars/teams be equal and able to keep pace with Toyota.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 08:31 (Ref:3794880)   #247
silente
Racer

silente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think lmp1 private cars will have a very good pace in tracks like spa and le mans, compared to toyota. Maybe in other tracks, the advantage of the hybrid system could be more important.

I will probably run some simulations with a "LMP1 like" vehicle model in the next future and hopefully i will be able to present the results before the official test in paul ricard.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 23:41 (Ref:3795145)   #248
Deleted
Veteran

As for chassis being "optimized for Le Mans", the Ginetta looks to be the only question mark for me in that regard...

The new Oreca will be 100% LM special, I'm sure of it on the basis of the last 2 chassis. The cars are "fine" elsewhere but amazing at LM

CLM and it's aero have always been less-crap at Le Mans and Spa, terrible elsewhere. IIRC at Spa they every year have awful sector 2 but pretty competitive S1 and S3

Dallara, the LMP2 was (way too) trimmed for top speed while sacrificing corners, so I think their intended philosophy was to make it LM-special too, they just failed at it. The new P1 probably follows the same ideology but hopefully makes it bit easier to move around

Last edited by Deleted; 25 Jan 2018 at 23:47.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 02:48 (Ref:3795181)   #249
TF110
Veteran

United States
They're allowed two aero packages. Unless they want to run the LM kit for the whole season they should take advantage of that rule.
Old 29 Jan 2018, 22:36 (Ref:3796716)   #250
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've put this question at "Mulsanne's Corner" FB page and would like to ask here too. How do these diffuser elements work (if they are not optical illusion or fictional ones just for the show). They seem to be dettached from the top of the diffuser.