Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Sep 2002, 14:08 (Ref:383448)   #1
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Spa six hours . . . . . .a joyous weekend

what a triple F-ing excellent weekend . . . . .

great drive out, very good cheap hotel, food wine, and beer in Malmedy, wonderful cars and great races.

Eau Rouge . . . . . . .awsome, managed to sneak in behind the wall at La source to take some pics as well as in the pits. . . . .will post any good ones tomorrow when they come back from developing.

I hope the FIA dont kill it off, as we'll definitely go again, we all had a great time.

made it back to Calais on monday morning in 3hrs 15, not bad for a 38 year old Cortina
Old 18 Sep 2002, 15:39 (Ref:383511)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
oh . . .I meant to say hello to you Simon (Drabble) but you where under the car and with things not looking to good I didnt think you'd be in the mood for idle chat.

At least you didnt have to deal with the embarassment of running out of petrol on the last lap!
Old 22 Sep 2002, 19:46 (Ref:386074)   #3
Jenny
Racer

Jenny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, it was a mega event,Z. Took the Tecno but ran a bearing and then the clutch took off on my Merc transporter on way back from Dover! (Who ever said "that's racing" should step forward and I'll put my (newly machined) crankshaft where the sun don't shine!) the 6 hour race was just fantastic - we hung around pit lane until the end and it was the best yet - I've pitted at 6 other and raced at 2 meetings. If enough of us keep in touch with the organisers
I'm sure we could help to keep it going...
Old 23 Sep 2002, 10:40 (Ref:386466)   #4
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
thanks yes u were rite it wasnt a great w/e for me! hopefully we are winning the battle with the car but it does make me wonder why I am selling the old car when that always finished!!! Les told me that he had some fuel problems. I never cease to be amazed how Spa eats up the fuel, I trhink we all forget that the out lap and then the green flag is almost as long as some UK club races!!!!!!
Old 23 Sep 2002, 10:42 (Ref:386467)   #5
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
meant to say are you doing HSCC Silverstone and Top Hat the next day next month?
Old 23 Sep 2002, 12:23 (Ref:386565)   #6
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
not sure what Les's plans are. . . .I got a call about helping out at Snetterton on 20th October.

just taken delivery of my new roll cage, so I'd like to spend some weekends at home and get welding on my car so I can get it back on te floor and fit the cage.
Old 24 Sep 2002, 06:37 (Ref:387073)   #7
simon drabble
Veteran

sounds like yr apetite has been wetted by Spa!
Old 24 Sep 2002, 10:57 (Ref:387175)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
wetted further . . . .Im close to dribbling ;¬}