Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Feb 2012, 11:57 (Ref:3031858)   #1376
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
becauser i was out all day (birthday) when was the last safety car?
If i remember rightly, about 3 or 3.5 hours from the end, for the #27 BMW.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 11:58 (Ref:3031859)   #1377
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bailey View Post
So I guess you will be spending less time on the net over the coming months?
More, probably.

Teds staff will do the vast majority of any work, IF, it gets repaired at all. It certai9nly won't be racing in the next ~ 6 months.

But I have 274 exotic car owning customers, who knows what may happen with them???
Old 27 Feb 2012, 12:12 (Ref:3031863)   #1378
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
Teds staff will do the vast majority of any work, IF, it gets repaired at all. It certai9nly won't be racing in the next ~ 6 months.
Did Ted keep hold of the older spec Lamborghini or was this sold on?
Old 27 Feb 2012, 12:15 (Ref:3031864)   #1379
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Did Ted keep hold of the older spec Lamborghini or was this sold on?
That was the car Hackett bought, and destroyed when twigg ran into him at Sandown GT meeting.

We had the door from that car on for this race though!, But that's dead too now.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 20:37 (Ref:3032070)   #1380
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any ideas as to the cost of repairs for Teds car? I imagine it would not be cheap. I just had a look at the FIA GT3 web site and they have the lambo at only 265000 EUR but I think that must be a typo, even the porker is over 300,000
Old 27 Feb 2012, 22:33 (Ref:3032150)   #1381
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
More, probably.

But I have 274 exotic car owning customers, who knows what may happen with them???
You don't do a lot of pre injected Ferrari cars?
Old 27 Feb 2012, 23:47 (Ref:3032173)   #1382
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Bailey View Post
You don't do a lot of pre injected Ferrari cars?
?

I do loads. I've been working on Italian exotics since 1987, the carbie cars are my bread and butter. The injected cars I know intimately also.

But what does that have to do with anything here?.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 00:01 (Ref:3032180)   #1383
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut View Post
Any ideas as to the cost of repairs for Teds car? I imagine it would not be cheap. I just had a look at the FIA GT3 web site and they have the lambo at only 265000 EUR but I think that must be a typo, even the porker is over 300,000
The LP 600 is 288k euro, plus spares obligation.

Ferrari is 368k Euro.

Why anyone would by a Porsche is beyond me.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 00:13 (Ref:3032185)   #1384
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Ferrari is 368k Euro.

Proven race winner eg Manthey
Old 28 Feb 2012, 01:07 (Ref:3032208)   #1385
Racenut
Racer

Australia
I wonder why the big price difference between the Lambo and ferrari? Surely the ferrari name badge isnt that much more than lambo. Or is there a BIG options list for the lambo??? Option 1 - engine, opt 2 wheels....
Old 28 Feb 2012, 01:36 (Ref:3032220)   #1386
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there is no obligation to buy any spares with the lambo, you can just buy the car, they don't say they won't sell you the car without buying spares.
the rules may of changed but it didn't occur for me. of course you will buy spares as there is no lambo trailer sitting in australia like porsche and audi. i could name my exterior and interior colour for no extra charge. i read that the yellow lambo had top pay extra for yellow outside and silvr inside though the source has been known to BS a lot. reiter are a private company (i think) so they need to be cost competitive to sell cars, ferrari is ferrari and name what price they want. and groupa you are right about the porsche.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 02:12 (Ref:3032227)   #1387
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
?

I do loads. I've been working on Italian exotics since 1987, the carbie cars are my bread and butter. The injected cars I know intimately also.

But what does that have to do with anything here?.
So how many of the cars going to Tasmania are you preparing?
Old 28 Feb 2012, 02:13 (Ref:3032228)   #1388
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Quote:

Ferrari is 368k Euro.

Would it not be easier for Ted to buy the best available Porsche and get Porsche Melbourne to prep it and run it for him?

Last edited by Rob Bailey; 28 Feb 2012 at 02:13. Reason: b
Old 28 Feb 2012, 02:29 (Ref:3032233)   #1389
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Maybe he loves lambos...

Easy may not come into it
Old 28 Feb 2012, 02:39 (Ref:3032235)   #1390
Prancing Wombat
Rookie

Prancing Wombat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut View Post
Maybe he loves lambos...

Easy may not come into it

You may have hit on something there....

It would be easier for Ted, at his age, to play lawn bowls.
But he CHOOSES to spend his hard-earned having fun in sportscars. Good on him is say.
Sure he's not as sharp as a young pro racer, but hey, he's paying the bills! So he can do as he pleases.
Anyone who was at Bathurst last Easter to watch Ted (i think) on his 75th birthday, drive solo and win the CUE 1-hour, would have seen the pleasure the guy had on his face after the race. He was clearly stuffed, but happy as a kid in a lolly shop.

Get well Ted (and Lambo). Hope to see you back in Prodsports real soon.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 03:01 (Ref:3032245)   #1391
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prancing Wombat View Post
You may have hit on something there....

It would be easier for Ted, at his age, to play lawn bowls.
But he CHOOSES to spend his hard-earned having fun in sportscars. Good on him is say.
Sure he's not as sharp as a young pro racer, but hey, he's paying the bills! So he can do as he pleases.
Anyone who was at Bathurst last Easter to watch Ted (i think) on his 75th birthday, drive solo and win the CUE 1-hour, would have seen the pleasure the guy had on his face after the race. He was clearly stuffed, but happy as a kid in a lolly shop.

Get well Ted (and Lambo). Hope to see you back in Prodsports real soon.
Exactly right.

Thanks for the kind words and refreshing outlook.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 03:39 (Ref:3032259)   #1392
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple of piccies for those who were not there

Before the rain! The dice for the lead ...

Then the rain came ...

.. and the cloud descended, making things even more stressful for the drivers.

Old 28 Feb 2012, 07:35 (Ref:3032290)   #1393
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can anyone confirm the story that the reason that the tickets for the grandstand were sold out for the 3 days was because Audi bought most if not all of the tickets and that the stand was virtually empty for the entire event , except for when Audi had their red shirted staff move in there as a PR type stunt late on Sunday ?
Old 28 Feb 2012, 10:30 (Ref:3032351)   #1394
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Can anyone confirm the story that the reason that the tickets for the grandstand were sold out for the 3 days was because Audi bought most if not all of the tickets and that the stand was virtually empty for the entire event , except for when Audi had their red shirted staff move in there as a PR type stunt late on Sunday ?
I would say that was about right, i was there for 3 days and the only time that the grandstand was full was at the end of the race. On the way home we passed 3 buses that had Audi Australia on it.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 10:35 (Ref:3032354)   #1395
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Really can't understand some of the dirt that gets dished here. Why?
Was a superb event limited only by the lack of numbers starting. Don't think anyone performed below the top of their ability and some well above it!
Some people not mentioned here who had a great day.
Nathan Tinkler had a little excursion when the rain first hit, but came back later with a very good sensible spell that cemented the Porsche in third. By the way I could use his diet tips he is looking trim and terrific. How about dumping NRL and A league Nathan and getting more involved in something you obviously enjoy doing?
The SEAT lost something like 30 laps bolting on a new turbo but came back to encourage my faith in diesels. To see it outbrake the Commodore into Hell, then use the torque to outdrag the big V8 for the first couple of hundred meters up Mountain Straight made my day.
Scudd must be disappointed with his day, but to lead at one time versus the "factory teams" and have the car involved in the early dice must be something to look back on in planning the future for that lovely JBS Lambo. Nice chatting with you mate.
By the way, the cameras and the commentary missed it but Mr Baird had the quickest 360 out of the chase and almost under the bridge that I have ever seen. Didn't touch a thing and picked it up like it had never happened.
Deep discussion amongst our geriatric group on the Mercs. Final conclusion was that it was built from parts left over in the European Mopar bin after Daimler parted from Chrysler. Sounds like a Hemi, looks a bit like a Viper, and points and squirts about the same way. Certainly more reliable though and styops just great. Hats off to Tim Slade who put in some grate laps in it.
Don't know if any official, or reliable crowd figures will be released but there were certainly a lot of people in the camping area. The comment about Audi booking the stands for the flag waving pose might have been right but I thik the two long blondes they had handing out the flags could have attacted a crowd anywhere.
The Kiwis did a real professional job in organising a supporters tour group, and in spite of a few niggles during the day thay aquited themself very well. Well earned steak at the Panthers after the event.
Please can I ask that everybody puts their ego away and starts planning now it must be possible to put together a 50 plus car field for next year. And while I have been an apologist for the Production guys not showing the Astra, the Dean Herridge WRX and the SEAT and BMWs all contributed to what was a great event. A couple of well driven EVOs could have finished well up the order on a day like that. Check the La Nina forecast for next year.
Having said that let's have a little effort on the part of the organisers to get the lead up info out, a bit of pre event advertising and PR and work the press reeleases after the event better. Reading the Monday Tele the event did not even get a mention in the sporting results section!
Old 28 Feb 2012, 11:36 (Ref:3032373)   #1396
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few snaps

Old 28 Feb 2012, 20:20 (Ref:3032607)   #1397
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are some great photos there, thanks for sharing!
Old 28 Feb 2012, 20:20 (Ref:3032608)   #1398
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 28 Feb 2012, 20:37 (Ref:3032619)   #1399
paydirt
Racer

paydirt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Really can't understand some of the dirt that gets dished here. Why?
The reason why the dirt gets dished is because it really did happen. I guess it's a way for us casual spectators to have a fly-on-the-wall view of proceedings. To witness Teds unfortunate incident first hand, & to then be there while the poor Lambo was unloaded into their pit bunker was fascinating. While we were trying to inspect the damage in the hope of it being repairable, Cam McConville's expressionless face said it all.

Watching FF'C summonse the troops was rivetting viewing.....until a party-pooper closed the garage door.

Oh, & by the way FFC, Wayne Park was not the only one to pass judgement on the incident....I heard several other comments that may not have been considered favourable....but most were concerned about Teds welfare...with equal concern about the welfare of the Lambo.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 21:15 (Ref:3032636)   #1400
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by paydirt View Post
The reason why the dirt gets dished is because it really did happen. I guess it's a way for us casual spectators to have a fly-on-the-wall view of proceedings. To witness Teds unfortunate incident first hand, & to then be there while the poor Lambo was unloaded into their pit bunker was fascinating. While we were trying to inspect the damage in the hope of it being repairable, Cam McConville's expressionless face said it all.

Watching FF'C summonse the troops was rivetting viewing.....until a party-pooper closed the garage door.

Oh, & by the way FFC, Wayne Park was not the only one to pass judgement on the incident....I heard several other comments that may not have been considered favourable....but most were concerned about Teds welfare...with equal concern about the welfare of the Lambo.
Thanks pd.

We have always been aware of what people say and think, but mostly silence them with results. But what Park said to me specifically, WHEN he said it (gravel was still raining down), and the way he said it, was WAY out of line.

It reminded me of when he raced the 360 against Noske and Christian Jones, that I ran..... I don't like him, and for good reason