Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Feb 2004, 07:14 (Ref:874572)   #26
jwd
Rookie

jwd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Llandrindod is a fine place, Bala has its points, too. In between the two are one or two longish hills. You need brakes in good order and, possibly, attention to the cooling system may be a good idea. There is usually plenty of water freely available. . . . but you will already know that if you have been before. See you in the Metropole.
Old 16 Feb 2004, 10:24 (Ref:875546)   #27
BugEyed
Racer

BugEyed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait!!!!

Itinerary

The times shown are approximate. Please check Notice Board at Start for any amendments.

Metropole ‘Out’. 09:00 onwards. Trojans have asked to start from 08:00!. Cars can leave in their own time, and in any order, but not to travel in groups of more than 3 to avoid congestion.

Exit Llandrindod on A4081, then A470. Into Rhyader. Exit Rhyader on B4518. St Harmon, Pant-y-Dwr, Tylwch, into Llanidloes. Through Llanidloes, stay on B4518 past Lyn Clywedog reservoir. Staylittle, Pennant, Llan, to Llanbrynmair.

Cross A470 on to minor road . Pandy. To A458. Turn left Into Mallwyd (fuel). A470. Into Dinas Mawddy., take minor road to Bala. Llanymawddwy. Steep up to Bwlch-y-Groes summit. Cars due at Control between 10:45 and 12:30.

Steep down to B4403, turn R alongside Lake Bala. Llangower. Control on Dee Bridge. Control open from 12:00 to 14:30. Cars go into Bala for (fuel) and soup, in the White Lion Hotel, Main Street. Car Park to rear.
Distance Travelled: 65.2 miles.

Return to Control on Dee Bridge. B4391. Turn R on to minor road to Lake Vyrnwy. Over Cwm Hirnant to B4393. Past Lake Vyrnwy Straining Tower. Llanwddyn. B4393. B4382. Llanfinhangel. Dolanog. Cross A495.
A458. Llanfair Caereinion. Tea and fairy cakes in the Light Railway Station. Due at Control between 13:00 to 16:30.

Through Llanfair Caereinion. B4389 to Newtown. (fuel). Up Gibbet Hill. New Mills. Tregynon. Bettws Cedwewain. B4568. Newtown. Through Newtown. A483 to Llandrindod Wells. Dolfor. Llanbadarn Fynydd. Llanbister. Crossgates. Return to Metropole. Due at Control between 16:30 and 18:30. Dinner at 19:30!
Distance Travelled: 68.9 miles

Duncan
Old 16 Feb 2004, 14:08 (Ref:875808)   #28
Bishop Ranter
Racer

United Kingdom
Whittlebury
Bishop Ranter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

In training as we speak...

Old 27 Feb 2004, 12:34 (Ref:887277)   #29
Swift-1929
Rookie

Swift-1929 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is going to be a 'monster' weekend with over 100 edwardians and light cars on the tour on Saturday, and a full trial on the Sunday[smile]

Let's just hope it doesn't snow!
Old 25 Mar 2004, 23:28 (Ref:919637)   #30
BugEyed
Racer

Looking forward to a fantastic weekend!

Having just gatecrashed the Silver Vintage Verzons celebration I can report that this weekend's LC&ES Welsh Weekend promises to be superb. As ever, "Steady" Barker is on form to judge by todays performance. The entry for the Saturday 1924 Trial Retrospective is fully subscribed, and the entry for the trial is really strong.

So, by this time tomorrow, Mrs B and I look forward to seeing you all in Llandrindod Wells - either in the bar of the Metropole or up the road in Idris Patel's eatery.

Duncan

PS Particularly looking forward to seeing the tanned Miss Wiggle.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 07:22 (Ref:922551)   #31
BugEyed
Racer

Terrific Weekend

A truly fantastic weekend - the VSCC at its' best!

Thanks to all involved for making it such a memorable weekend - particularly to Kevin and Annabel (Congratulations!), Corky and Seymour.

Pictures are on the web in no particular order.

Duncan

Old 29 Mar 2004, 11:49 (Ref:922733)   #32
Riley Imp
Rookie

Riley Imp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see Riley Nine, DK6780, out and about again.
Chris.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 13:51 (Ref:922878)   #33
s'ven
Rookie

s'ven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Great pictures Duncan and so quick!! how did you find time to drive/compete??

As my first ever vscc event I have to say this was as good a way to have fun with (muddy) clothes on as I know!!

I still havn't stopped laughing at the GN passing all us steamed up chummies on the steepest hill omn Saturday with the passenger standing on the running board pressurising the fuel tank by MOUTH!! (There is an unprintabe joke in there about getting it up, but I digress)

Fantastic and flawless organisation.

Thanks all

Matthew
Old 29 Mar 2004, 14:27 (Ref:922906)   #34
ecurie
Rookie

ecurie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Looking forward to a fantastic weekend!

Quote:

PS Particularly looking forward to seeing the tanned Miss Wiggle. [/B]

Miss Wiggle particularly enjoyed seeing many great friends at what was a superb event! The Light Car and Ed Section is the way forward - VSCC at its best. Thanks to all who organised such a brilliant event. I know how much time and effort go into these things and it is appreciated. Well done Kevin and Annabel.

Sadie

Last edited by ecurie; 29 Mar 2004 at 14:34.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 17:08 (Ref:923062)   #35
Paul H
Rookie

Paul H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A very big thank you to all the organisers!

Some more pics here in the LC&ES of the VSCC album. The first 7 pics were taken on the Friday, on the route of the southern loop of the 1924 RAC Trial (the event on Saturday was the northern loop).

Last edited by Paul H; 29 Mar 2004 at 17:14.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 18:27 (Ref:923163)   #36
Riley Imp
Rookie

Riley Imp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great stuff Paul. You must have enjoyed a run in Tim Nicholson's Riley Nine tourer, PL1120. As I am sure you are aware it was once owned by Bob Gerard. His racing exploits must give you some inspiration in the concept of the special you are planning.
Chris.
Old 30 Mar 2004, 08:45 (Ref:923700)   #37
Bishop Ranter
Racer

United Kingdom
Whittlebury
Bishop Ranter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes...well done to Seymour, Corky, Kevin and Annabel. Should also say thanks to Simon Price and all the marshals. Yet again the LCES shows the way. This is what the VSCC is about. Modern Ferraris have nothing to do with the Club. In the other place I'm asking what entry fees they are paying to run at Donington because I can't make the AGM.
Old 30 Mar 2004, 09:20 (Ref:923722)   #38
Paul H
Rookie

Paul H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris,

I certainly did enjoy the run in Tim's Riley, and he very kindly offered to let me do some of the driving, which was brave of him since I had never driven a car without synchromesh (except for first) before

Regarding the special (and Bob Gerard's racing exploits) the emphasis is very much on a potential racer. I have found a load of my initial design ideas for it (drawn up a few years ago), which will be appearing soon in the Riley section of the VSCC album on my website ! They are quite varied (tourer, through racer via trials), and are intended to reflect different levels of cash injection! I have also rejuvenated a thread that I had started before on the other place, for discussion, feedback, criticism etc of these ideas

As the good Bishop has already said (and I neglected to say in my previous post), a vey big thank you as well to all the marshals, for your time and effort in enabling this immensely enjoyable event to take place!

Paul
Old 30 Mar 2004, 10:46 (Ref:923797)   #39
s'ven
Rookie

Is it just me or is there a general problem with registering for the vscc forum?

Matthew
Old 30 Mar 2004, 11:17 (Ref:923827)   #40
MGCooperman
Rookie

MGCooperman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by s'ven
Is it just me or is there a general problem with registering for the vscc forum?

Matthew
If you have your membership number and PIN number there should be no problem at all.
Old 30 Mar 2004, 11:29 (Ref:923849)   #41
s'ven
Rookie

been doin' that already but will keep trying!!

thanks
Old 30 Mar 2004, 12:11 (Ref:923885)   #42
BugEyed
Racer

Looking Forward

And so onto the LC&ES Summer Rally ...... less than three months to wait! Apologies to anybody who has tried to fit the date from the flyer that I was handing out at the Welsh into their diary - it had a fictional date of Sunday 27th July 2004 - it should have said the correct date which is Sunday 27th JUNE 2004.

Places for the Rally will be limited to a maximum of 50 and there appears to be a lot of interest. Regs will be out next week (and the entry list opens at the same time), so apply now for a set.

Duncan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bishop Ranter
Modern Ferraris have nothing to do with the Club. In the other place I'm asking what entry fees they are paying to run at Donington because I can't make the AGM.
Let's hope that there is less angst than last year.
Old 30 Mar 2004, 17:13 (Ref:924211)   #43
Swift-1929
Rookie

Swift-1929 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a good weekend, the weather was kind, and we even drunk the Metropole dry. We were just sorry we didn't have more time to say a proper hello to everone.

The real thank you should be, as always, for the army of people who make the club events such fun and a success. For the LC&ES Welsh weekend nearly 100 marshals and volunteers put in their time, expertise and enthusiasm ... and the willingnes of all of the 250 members to smile even when things are not perfect - these are the things that make the VSCC the Very Special Car Club. For example just about everyone whose cars broke down smiled at their misfortune and then, if they were able, volunteered to help or marshal the next day instead.

As Duncan says, the summer rally in June is the next treat in store and is always a really good weekend! We are really looking forward to at last getting a little exercise for the Swift

A & K
Old 1 Apr 2004, 07:10 (Ref:926024)   #44
BugEyed
Racer

A relatively tame affair

By all reports the AGM appears to have been a relatively tame affair. Good to see all of those who could attend.

Excellent to see so many 'proper' cars at the AGM, many of which had been enjoying themselves at the Track Day earlier on. Apologies for the water on the lens in some of the pictures .

Duncan