Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Sep 2007, 06:35 (Ref:2026484)   #1
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel To The Metal. Vettel/Webber/Hamilton incident.

Robbed Mark Webber of atleast a decent podium position, and dare say, a win.

Terrible effort from Vettel.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 06:39 (Ref:2026495)   #2
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Love the serve he gave Vettel when talking to Louise!!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 30 Sep 2007, 06:56 (Ref:2026509)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, rookie mistake.

However a reason to hate Vettel, after things have settled, nah.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 06:58 (Ref:2026510)   #4
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sebastian was mighty impressive up until that point really. Shouldn't take that away from the young man he drove well.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 06:59 (Ref:2026512)   #5
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed, the guy is only young and is very very inexperienced. He'd done bloody well to get that far up the field in the first place...besides, Hamilton said that he aired some concern about Webber's erratic driving behind the safety car
Old 30 Sep 2007, 06:59 (Ref:2026513)   #6
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Craziness, to be rewarded with a sucker punch after risking it all in those conditions. Webber deserves better.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 07:03 (Ref:2026515)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm waiting for the DotR thread to vote for Webber, it won't make up for it, but he was excellent today.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 07:10 (Ref:2026521)   #8
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallard
Indeed, the guy is only young and is very very inexperienced. He'd done bloody well to get that far up the field in the first place...besides, Hamilton said that he aired some concern about Webber's erratic driving behind the safety car
It seems that Lewis was affraid of... Webber!! So what did REALLY happen?
Old 30 Sep 2007, 07:13 (Ref:2026523)   #9
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
I'm waiting for the DotR thread to vote for Webber, it won't make up for it, but he was excellent today.
There's a clear winner for that one for sure - Bernd Maylander
Old 30 Sep 2007, 07:17 (Ref:2026528)   #10
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
LOL! seriously, he did well to keep the safety car on the road!
Old 30 Sep 2007, 07:17 (Ref:2026530)   #11
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm struggling to post sensibly here- I admit that this is because I'm an Aussie and I wholeheartedly support Webber. Vettel comes across to me as an arrogant little kid who thinks success and fame will come to him. Then there's Webber, who has had to work bloody hard in 5 years of Formula 1 to achieve only two podiums.

Now, to Vettel, this race won't mean much. He's 19 or whatever so one mistake at this age, in a wet race with poor visibility (which I'm sure he's going to blame when he's interviewed about the accident) won't make him seem like a kid who can't handle the pressure (another excuse is that a double world champ also spun out). For sure, Vettel will be disappointed about not finishing what could have been third, but I bet he knows that more opportunities will come to him.

But for Webber, this will be gutwrenching. He has worked hard for 5 years, and the one time he looks like he could win a Grand Prix, some 19 year old with nothing to lose hits him in the back. What motivation does that give him to keep going? Even he must be feeling pretty down after something like this.

So call it bias, but I have lost a lot of respect for Vettel after this race...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 30 Sep 2007, 07:24 (Ref:2026536)   #12
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallard
besides, Hamilton said that he aired some concern about Webber's erratic driving behind the safety car
And Lewis wasn't constantly braking/accelerating in strange places?
Old 30 Sep 2007, 07:30 (Ref:2026541)   #13
Bellof
Racer

South Africa
South Africa
Bellof should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
while I understand his anger, webber should just shut up. lewis mentioned in the press conference, that he narrowly avoided a collision with him during that same saftey car period. the incident is a shame for webber, vettel and red bull, but in these conditions stuff like that happens...
Old 30 Sep 2007, 07:32 (Ref:2026542)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Vettel to be rested for China in punishment?

Not happy Jan!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Sep 2007, 07:33 (Ref:2026544)   #15
CamF1
Rookie

CamF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
Now, to Vettel, this race won't mean much. He's 19 or whatever so one mistake at this age, in a wet race with poor visibility (which I'm sure he's going to blame when he's interviewed about the accident) won't make him seem like a kid who can't handle the pressure (another excuse is that a double world champ also spun out). For sure, Vettel will be disappointed about not finishing what could have been third, but I bet he knows that more opportunities will come to him.
I'm not so sure, they showed Vettel in the pits and he appeared to be crying or at least with his head in his arms. That aside, I'm sure he'd be rather ****ed off for missing the podium and screwing up Mark's race. That said we didn't get proper audio from the Vettel interview with Louise so I don't know how he was after.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 07:37 (Ref:2026546)   #16
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellof
while I understand his anger, webber should just shut up...
I'm not jumping on the Vettel-bashing bandwagon by any means, but when you've raced through diabolical conditions (and illness) to find yourself in 2nd place and a driver from what is effectively your b-team rams you under safety car conditions, you're bound to lose your cool. Webber is a human being after all.

Credit to Vettel for apologising and admitting some fault, although he did seem to be criticising Lewis slightly. Perhaps the rules need to be changed re: safety cars, because in that period where the SC is about to pull into the pits and the leader takes control of the field, brake-testing seems to be the order of the day.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 07:48 (Ref:2026557)   #17
Charlies
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
Charlies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel sorry for Webber, but Vettel impressed this weekend. Qualifying eighth, leading the race and being in contention for a podium. Sure he made a rookie's mistake, but give him a break he's only done five races.

That sort of accident was inevitable given the poor visibility and the way Hamilton was backing the cars up before the restart. He didn't do it intentionally.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 07:49 (Ref:2026558)   #18
Bellof
Racer

South Africa
South Africa
that's why I said, I understand his anger.
but he nearly took out hamilton in the same situation, and could so have decided the wdc. so maybe he should take a look at himself, before/instead bashing vettel...
Old 30 Sep 2007, 07:52 (Ref:2026559)   #19
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like the Australian coverage didn't get a replay of the interview with Vettel by Louise. He sounded sorry for his mistake but it doesn't get Mark back on the track.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 07:52 (Ref:2026560)   #20
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
that's why I said, I understand his anger.
but he nearly took out hamilton in the same situation, and could so have decided the wdc. so maybe he should take a look at himself, before/instead bashing vettel...
Webber didn't hit Hamilton. That's the crucial difference.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 07:58 (Ref:2026562)   #21
Bellof
Racer

South Africa
South Africa
yeah, but that was not down to him, it was hamilton who avoided it...;-)
Old 30 Sep 2007, 08:00 (Ref:2026565)   #22
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I give up.

You're right, it's all Mark Webber's fault. I hope Vettel's gives him a piece of his mind.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 08:03 (Ref:2026569)   #23
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
And you know this how?
Old 30 Sep 2007, 08:06 (Ref:2026570)   #24
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber bounced off Hamilton's cloak of invincibility causing him to brake and collide with Vettel. Duh!
Old 30 Sep 2007, 08:18 (Ref:2026578)   #25
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A case of inexperience from Vettel but Hamilton's restarts in those conditions deserve a bit of the blame.