Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 31 Mar 2017, 07:35 (Ref:3722722)   #51
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Price is entered under the BMR Academy unlike the other three cars, so I expect it to look different. To be honest I was a bit disappointed with the works livery unveiled at Media Day.
official site and entry list now has him listed the same as the other 3 subarus.
http://www.btcc.net/team/subarubmr/
Old 31 Mar 2017, 09:03 (Ref:3722739)   #52
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
official site and entry list now has him listed the same as the other 3 subarus.
http://www.btcc.net/team/subarubmr/
The picture in the banner appears to be a photoshop of Plato's car.
It is carrying Plato's personal sponsors, not Price's - so I expect there will at least be subtle differences when it is seen in the flesh.
Old 31 Mar 2017, 11:21 (Ref:3722768)   #53
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The picture in the banner appears to be a photoshop of Plato's car.
It is carrying Plato's personal sponsors, not Price's - so I expect there will at least be subtle differences when it is seen in the flesh.
forget the picture, I was pointing out that he's entered under the same team name as the other three.
Old 31 Mar 2017, 13:12 (Ref:3722788)   #54
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
forget the picture, I was pointing out that he's entered under the same team name as the other three.
Yeah - it's possible that it will look almost identical.

Cole's is definitely different (to a limited degree) even though it's the same team name, and I still feel BMR will want to promote that he is an academy driver in some way and reflect that in the livery.
Old 31 Mar 2017, 13:26 (Ref:3722793)   #55
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Reading the Autosport reveals the story behind the BMW full works support. Apparently they told WSR to get three established stars for them to get the support and that's where Colin came in after being dropped by BMR.
Old 31 Mar 2017, 13:42 (Ref:3722798)   #56
touring fan01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Reading the Autosport reveals the story behind the BMW full works support. Apparently they told WSR to get three established stars for them to get the support and that's where Colin came in after being dropped by BMR.
it's the other way around. turkington obviously walked away from bmr because he had the wsr offer of a BMW works drive. and who can blame him!
Old 31 Mar 2017, 16:52 (Ref:3722827)   #57
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know of a spotters guide for this weekend to identify the cars/drivers?
Old 31 Mar 2017, 17:43 (Ref:3722843)   #58
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
it's the other way around. turkington obviously walked away from bmr because he had the wsr offer of a BMW works drive. and who can blame him!
also he hasn't have to deal with any whiny diva at WSR
Old 31 Mar 2017, 18:44 (Ref:3722866)   #59
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
also he hasn't have to deal with any whiny diva at WSR
Yeah - imagine what it must be like having someone whine all the time, usually about the same subject, frequently for no reason at all...
Old 31 Mar 2017, 18:45 (Ref:3722867)   #60
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Loving the graphics on the Motorbase truck

Old 31 Mar 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3722881)   #61
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post
Yeah - imagine what it must be like having someone whine all the time, usually about the same subject, frequently for no reason at all...
👍👌👍👌
Old 31 Mar 2017, 23:08 (Ref:3722922)   #62
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
Loving the graphics on the Motorbase truck

Definitely looks like one of the most professional approaches we've seen for a while. It feels like teams are pushing each other with more than just words this season.
Dynamics continue with Honda support. BMR seem to be better prepared. WSR now have factory backing. Motorbase look more organised. Hard seem to have continuity. PMR are manufacturer backed. 888 have a strong driver package. BTC Norlin look the business. I guess Sunday has a lot to tell us.
Old 31 Mar 2017, 23:12 (Ref:3722923)   #63
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post
I would it would be like logging on to a forum, and knowing in advance which direction people would be prejudiced towards. I can't see that happening here, as we all post with an open mind and make balanced comments. 😄
Old 1 Apr 2017, 08:47 (Ref:3722967)   #64
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
I'd expect it to look exactly like the other three Subarus.
Guess so... You can see a glimpse of it in the back of a photo on BTCC's twitter.

Any predictions for today? I'm going to take a wild guess and go with Austin on pole.
Old 1 Apr 2017, 09:23 (Ref:3722975)   #65
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
Guess so... You can see a glimpse of it in the back of a photo on BTCC's twitter.
Pause at 0:33, looks identical - https://twitter.com/DunlopBTCC/status/848101584345149440

I like that.
Old 1 Apr 2017, 09:42 (Ref:3722980)   #66
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Pause at 0:33, looks identical - https://twitter.com/DunlopBTCC/statu...01584345149440

I like that.
Yes - almost identical, but not carrying Plato's personal sponsors (unlike the one in the banner on the official BTCC page).
Old 1 Apr 2017, 09:43 (Ref:3722981)   #67
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ingram fastest in FP1 - looking at times it looks like the cars will be much quicker this year and importantly very close!

Last edited by luckn002; 1 Apr 2017 at 09:58.
Old 1 Apr 2017, 10:10 (Ref:3722986)   #68
thlbtcc
Veteran

Didn't realise JP has a new engineer.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2017/...o-jason-plato/
Old 1 Apr 2017, 11:32 (Ref:3722995)   #69
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Ingram fastest in FP1 - looking at times it looks like the cars will be much quicker this year and importantly very close!
My thoughts exactly, the quality is so high, getting into the top 15 at all is an achievement

Sutton leads the Scoobys and Goff in the top ten, shows what Eurotech have been missing the past few seasons, in not having a top driver in their car
Old 1 Apr 2017, 11:46 (Ref:3723002)   #70
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ingram's time was only slightly quicker than his lap time in FP1 last year. 48.164 vs 48.230. So not that much quicker, let's see how times develop over the course of the day. Last year, Tordoff went quickest in FP2 with a 48.1.
But lap times in general are pretty close across nearly all cars
Old 1 Apr 2017, 14:32 (Ref:3723029)   #71
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JP so far back ?

even on the RWD favoring tracks can't see him doing any good with the works BMW around

Triple Champion Colin Turkington in the making
Old 1 Apr 2017, 15:13 (Ref:3723038)   #72
thlbtcc
Veteran

This is a crazy qualifying session so far.

Rain, no rain.

2 red flags.

Looks like Austin has had to have the car taped back together, off-camera contact.

At the time of posting, Jeff Smith is on pole.

Can't wait for the final 15 minutes.
Old 1 Apr 2017, 15:31 (Ref:3723042)   #73
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeff Smith??? Wow! I know who I'll be cheering for!! He's thrown away some good results before, it would be quite something if he pulls it off tomorrow morning though! Currently the 51 year old with 2 podiums to his name is 2017 championship leader!!!
Old 1 Apr 2017, 15:35 (Ref:3723044)   #74
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Jeff Smith is on pole.
Yeah, yeah, of course he is
April Fools jokes are supposed to stop at mid-day. Next you'll be telling me Plato isn't in the top half of the grid!
Old 1 Apr 2017, 15:35 (Ref:3723045)   #75
thlbtcc
Veteran

Subaru well down the grid, but so are MG. Hard to tell, as the cold temperatures, rain and red flags could have just come at the wrong time for both teams.