Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 11 Feb 2011, 15:12 (Ref:2829690)   #26
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a frustrating race to watch, it made me cringe the amount of heavily damaged brand new shiny Dallara's after the first lap and the red flag. Luiz Razia is a lucky boy, that was a monumental impact into the back of Clos' stalled car, and then a second big impact upside down going diagonally into the barrier before righting itself. And what was Gonzalez doing on the back straight? Everyone slowing down for the SC, except him, ploughed straight into the back of Pic and sent his car facing towards the sky at a severe angle. And Fairuz Fauzy, crazy driving again, you wouldn't think he'd been racing single-seaters for a decade. It should be a red card for him this weekend, he was already penalised from qualy.

As for Bianchi, solid defending all the way through, despite Grosjean being much quicker until the last 5 laps when his tyres were screwed from a consistently aggressive style trying to get past, yet Bianchi had calmly preserved his. If they had used the longer configuration, Grosjean surely would have got by on the back straight. Excellent performance from them both though, class of the field.

The Abu Dhabi track just isn't very good for overtaking, thats plain to see.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 15:23 (Ref:2829691)   #27
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
not really sure there's any excuse for driving into the back of anyone in any circumstances in a single seater race is there?

results and report here: http://tentenths.com/news/showentry.php?e=1586

Last edited by bella; 11 Feb 2011 at 16:15.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 17:58 (Ref:2829756)   #28
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if everyone is getting a taking to as pen news is slow today (we know one guy that could get pen and that is M. Chiton and i think also checking the guy that forgot to slow down for the SC car board and almsot had a repeat of Viso!) normally pen news does not take this long!
Old 11 Feb 2011, 18:44 (Ref:2829775)   #29
skells22
Veteran

I have notice on the GP2 Asia web site that there was a pen given but not up yet as Chiton is now not in the top 8 (he did jump the chicane and forgot to give a place up (it was last lap as well)
Old 11 Feb 2011, 18:45 (Ref:2829777)   #30
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Dutch F1 photographer Frits Van Eldik's blog:

Old 11 Feb 2011, 18:52 (Ref:2829779)   #31
skells22
Veteran

just found out his pen time thanks to the result page of the same web site and it is 20 sec added to his time therefore he will therefore start 12 not on pole for Saturdays race.
Old 11 Feb 2011, 19:13 (Ref:2829791)   #32
Pato
Rookie

United Kingdom
Pato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chilton's been disqualified, so now we have GP2's number one douchebag Stefano Coletti taking pole.
Old 12 Feb 2011, 13:03 (Ref:2830081)   #33
skells22
Veteran

I have a question how many cars will be starting today race bearing in mind the start line shunt yesterday?
Old 12 Feb 2011, 15:46 (Ref:2830125)   #34
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the race was won by coletti from pole... note gp2 parading him as a gp3 graduate but failing to point out his completely average season in fr3.5 as well.

http://tentenths.com/news/showentry.php?e=1592
Old 12 Feb 2011, 16:19 (Ref:2830137)   #35
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Wasn't that average was it? Several podiums and 6th in the championship? He's ok(ish) IMO. The best Monaco hope since Clivio Piccione!
Old 12 Feb 2011, 16:40 (Ref:2830145)   #36
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
remove "average" and insert "uninteresting" then

berthon, bianchi and pic have been penalised for various indiscretions.
Old 12 Feb 2011, 17:43 (Ref:2830167)   #37
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Lot of mistakes and also car failures today it seems?

Well done Coletti, did all he had to do really. It has been proven many times in the category that unless some guy's got a 10 litre turbo under him and can tear up the field, the race 2 winner is nearly always the guy starting at the front so long as they keep it on the island.

Sorry for Grosjean, he might have made the race interesting had he not got over enthusiastic on Bianchi and attracted the attention of the Herck!

Berthon drove a good race again by coming up through, shame about the penal. What was it for again?

Last edited by chunterer; 12 Feb 2011 at 21:10.
Old 12 Feb 2011, 17:48 (Ref:2830171)   #38
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Just watched race 2, it was a sound performance by Coletti. I bet Chilton is biting his lip after losing pole! Jolyon Palmer had a solid performance, top Brit in 12th and ahead of several big names, he was in amongst it all weekend, and made several overtakes in race 1, only to be spun round by Herck.
Old 12 Feb 2011, 19:58 (Ref:2830221)   #39
skells22
Veteran

now onto next week!
Old 12 Feb 2011, 20:18 (Ref:2830226)   #40
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
now onto next week!
Might be a bit more to discuss about this weekend yet!

Carlin had a bit of an iffy start? Aleshin fairly unnoticable, but how would he have fared had he not got penalised on Thursday?
Old 12 Feb 2011, 20:40 (Ref:2830239)   #41
skells22
Veteran

the pen was for not resepecting the yellow flags
Old 12 Feb 2011, 21:15 (Ref:2830246)   #42
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
the pen was for not resepecting the yellow flags
That's not what I was asking skells.

I was asking everyone how would have fared if he started from his grid position without penal and how his pace compared to the rest of the field during the races?

Pic disappointed a bit over the weekend, didn't qualify particularly well. Fair enough he got nobbled on Friday but he didn't seem to do much today. Expected much more from someone who is likely to be a title contender?
Old 12 Feb 2011, 21:27 (Ref:2830252)   #43
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Pic disappointed a bit over the weekend, didn't qualify particularly well. Fair enough he got nobbled on Friday but he didn't seem to do much today. Expected much more from someone who is likely to be a title contender?
have to agree with that. likewise bird, though he had a reasonable result on friday in the feature race.

i wish people who saw the race would express more opinions in this thread. don't be afraid, we don't bite.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 02:47 (Ref:2830373)   #44
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Second race damn near put me to sleep. Track doesn't help, but the V8's had two great races at it this very weekend! Still unconvinced by the new car. Asia season with a generally uninspiring feeling to it. I want Sentul back! At least stuff happened there.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 11:22 (Ref:2830513)   #45
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did Eurosport broadcast the whole second race yesterday? Because I missed & now I find only highlights...
Old 13 Feb 2011, 11:43 (Ref:2830519)   #46
skells22
Veteran

I think International Eurosport saw the full race while we had to wait for tennis to finish in the uk. it ended a lot faster than Eurosport. in other words i also saw the highlights.
Old 13 Feb 2011, 11:58 (Ref:2830523)   #47
formula_fan
Racer

formula_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Berthon did a pretty good job all weekend, pleasantly surprised by his pace. Palmer had a pretty solid debut as well. Also have to say, Coletti did well to win race 2 even if he did start on pole, from 19th on the grid in qualifying that is some turn around!
Old 13 Feb 2011, 13:41 (Ref:2830558)   #48
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanalesi View Post
Did Eurosport broadcast the whole second race yesterday? Because I missed & now I find only highlights...
I hate it when Eurosport don't show it live. I can appreciate they've got clashing commitments, fine, but how hard can it be to find 45 minutes in the schedule to show the whole race on delay? Instead we get the usual 30 minute slot, and they go to break with something like 22 laps to go, and come back with 5 laps to go... absolutely pathetic. Eurosport, you continue to SUCK!
Old 13 Feb 2011, 14:15 (Ref:2830575)   #49
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know what happened in the 17 laps we miss, but given the order didn't change I didn't mind as much. It's worse for WSBR when something has clearly happened and the order is completely different
Old 13 Feb 2011, 16:20 (Ref:2830612)   #50
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
have to agree with that. likewise bird, though he had a reasonable result on friday in the feature race.

i wish people who saw the race would express more opinions in this thread. don't be afraid, we don't bite.
Yes, Bird could have done more perhaps but then he possibly would have had things been different yesterday? Sluggish start and then retirement when he might well have fancied his chances of the win?

also agree with second point, come on folks there must be plenty of other stories we can discuss, noone's answered my Carlin/Aleshin points yet either!!

Turvey, didn't qualy well but he made serious progress in the races. Can't help but think that he would be a cast iron title contender in the right team, although I am hoping he will be a galvanising force at Ocean.