Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Dec 2009, 16:06 (Ref:2592348)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks John

John Turner,

Just a note to say thanks for your efforts this past season. The reports and pics have been very much appreciated by those of us not able to get hold of Motorsport/Octane etc.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 16:12 (Ref:2592354)   #2
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...and so say all of us!
Old 1 Dec 2009, 16:23 (Ref:2592362)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Hear hear.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 16:30 (Ref:2592371)   #4
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree. You've done HSCC and HRSR proud this year. Thanks for all the time and effort you put into it.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 16:44 (Ref:2592377)   #5
Simon Hadfield
Veteran

Simon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSimon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely, one of our sports (unsung) good guys, cheers mate!
Old 1 Dec 2009, 16:53 (Ref:2592381)   #6
Chris Sharples
Rookie

Chris Sharples should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John,
Agree with all the above. It's great to see you at HSCC meetings and I am certain that we benefit from the pictorial coverage. How do you find the time to do it all?
Chris Sharples
Old 1 Dec 2009, 17:08 (Ref:2592389)   #7
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Well done John.

Octane and Motorsport are no where near the quality, I doubt they could afford him if they wanted to raise their game!
Old 1 Dec 2009, 17:18 (Ref:2592394)   #8
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree with all the above and a very fair moderator to boot! Thanks John your reports are written with genuine interest and read by all.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 17:53 (Ref:2592404)   #9
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John,
your efforts are appreciated by those of us in orange too! Often when I see your pictures and read the reports I get a much better understanding of the cars and the races than I did from the bank at the time. Keep up the good work.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 17:54 (Ref:2592405)   #10
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with all the above, John. It was good to meet you at last at Oulton - are there some Gold Cup FF2000 pics in the pipeline?
Old 1 Dec 2009, 19:22 (Ref:2592455)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Ditto to all that! Very much appreciated. Thanks, John
Old 1 Dec 2009, 19:26 (Ref:2592459)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree!
The forum gets better and better.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 19:33 (Ref:2592470)   #13
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
how long before someone starts moaning about non App K reports!
Old 1 Dec 2009, 19:54 (Ref:2592482)   #14
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, cheers John
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 1 Dec 2009, 20:21 (Ref:2592507)   #15
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John,the reports and photography certainly are well in front of any publication I can think of!Very many thanks indeed.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 22:54 (Ref:2592575)   #16
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Much better than MS or Octane. You get a real flavour of the meeting, not just the in-crowd.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 00:36 (Ref:2592608)   #17
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, I can't compare to the mags since I don't take them but I thoroughly enjoy your reports John yet they leave me extremely puzzled.

I mean, just how DO you manage to take excellent quality reportage photos from around the circuit and still have opportunity and time to discover the stories behind the event and, indeed, record the events of the race as it unfolded? And then remember it all well enough to write up the report later ...

I'm looking forward to next year already.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 08:23 (Ref:2592689)   #18
Peter Horsman
Racer

Peter Horsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Genuine thanks and congrats for such a great job, John.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 09:22 (Ref:2592719)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yep and to think i was so rude to you John when you came over to introduce yourself at Oulton Park. Ive been hanging my head in shame since. Thankyou.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 10:05 (Ref:2592735)   #20
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whoa, embarrassed or what?! Thank you all for such kind remarks; it really helps to know that it is appreciated, because much as I enjoy doing it, 'yes' it is time consuming.

Grant, I'm not that convinced by the quality of my pics which I tend to view more as a way to illustrate the brief text. I take no notes at meetings, although as some of you know I try to talk to some of the drivers from time to time. In truth, I don't provide much detail and my memory is not actually that good. Sometimes I make assumptions from the sequence of pics I've taken and check lap times, and still get it wrong. That's when, quite rightly, one of you corrects me, and that is exactly what we need, the interraction to bring these threads alive. There is nothing more frustrating for me, and no doubt boring for readers, if I string a load of race pictorial reviews (they are not really reports) with no posts from anyone else. I'm very pleased to note this year an increase in the number of pics/reviews/accounts from other posters, especially from events that I haven't attended. So more of the same please, folks.

This coming year, since I'm now an AMOC comps committee member (but how long for, I wonder) I'll probably focus on AMOC and HSCC events, although if I can get to other historic race meetings at my two local tracks, Cadwell and Snetterton, I will.

Alan , I will complete the Oulton Park Gold Cup meeting, I promise; it is my last review of the season!

Iain, I will get around to answering your PMs, shortly!

Finally, I'd like to thank 10-Tenths for providing me both directly and indirectly with a lot of new friends over the last 4 years, be they drivers, organisers, marshals photographers or spectators. A great bunch of people, even when we do not agree on everything!
Old 2 Dec 2009, 10:34 (Ref:2592751)   #21
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So it'll be Spa next year then John?
Old 2 Dec 2009, 11:46 (Ref:2592782)   #22
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Bonza job mate!
Have a good Christmas and we can talk about you at the Ace.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 12:02 (Ref:2592804)   #23
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks, John ... I think!
Old 2 Dec 2009, 12:48 (Ref:2592830)   #24
simonb87
Rookie

England
Stevenage
simonb87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to add my thanks to John too - if it wasn't for your pics and reporting, those of us in the smaller classes would be totally ignored! Much of the press only have space for the podium...

Cheers - Simon
Old 2 Dec 2009, 12:53 (Ref:2592834)   #25
COLIN STUBBS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Louth.Thats the one near Cadwell
COLIN STUBBS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic to meet you at last this year John and to share our mixed fortunes through the season..Not to mention giving you an insight into our professional approach to fuel strategies!
Thanks for posting some great reports and pics.
Unfortunatelly its payback time.....

See you next season mate