Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 5 Apr 2016, 19:30 (Ref:3630577)   #26
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
As mentioned before Ford have a discount code for all of those who have not bought a ticket yet
WEC2016ford

should give you a 15% discount
Tried that code on Silverstone's site but it doesn't appear to work
Old 5 Apr 2016, 19:47 (Ref:3630580)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
My daughter. Helen used it to book her tickets on saturday, code came from a ford magazine with an article about the new gt that will be racing, will ask her how she did it as soon as i see her
Old 5 Apr 2016, 19:49 (Ref:3630581)   #28
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
My daughter. Helen used it to book her tickets on saturday, code came from a ford magazine with an article about the new gt that will be racing, will ask her how she did it as soon as i see her
Thanks, might be cutting it fine with postage though I put that code in and received the message that it was invalid.
Old 6 Apr 2016, 20:20 (Ref:3630791)   #29
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
i am sure we will have the usual sunday meet up in the grandstand same as the last 3 years
When and where? If not on duty, would be nice to meet a few 10thers.
Old 7 Apr 2016, 07:25 (Ref:3630878)   #30
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
We usually have a meet up in the club grandstand on Sunday around 11.00 but also meet up friday and saturday evening for those staying locally, plus you always bump into people as you walk around
Old 7 Apr 2016, 13:23 (Ref:3630920)   #31
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shall be there with a couple of extras. Only difference with the code I had was it was all caps and the tickets came next day

Looking forward to seeing everyone

H
Old 7 Apr 2016, 18:09 (Ref:3630986)   #32
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
Shall be there with a couple of extras. Only difference with the code I had was it was all caps and the tickets came next day

Looking forward to seeing everyone

H
I've tried every conceivable combination with that code without success, maybe it's just me
Old 7 Apr 2016, 18:31 (Ref:3631001)   #33
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Sorry Helen could not help you, but hopefully you will still make it
Old 7 Apr 2016, 18:44 (Ref:3631010)   #34
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Sorry Helen could not help you, but hopefully you will still make it
Thanks anyway, I'm hoping to make it this year. Been to Le Mans on several occasions and Spa a couple of times and whilst in my opinion Silverstone is probably the worst spectating circuit ever, this will be my only chance to catch the WEC up live and personal this year.
Old 7 Apr 2016, 19:07 (Ref:3631020)   #35
the_thompson
Rookie

the_thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The code all in caps WEC2016FORD only works for the weekend tickets, it however makes it cheaper than a Sunday only ticket.
Old 7 Apr 2016, 19:22 (Ref:3631022)   #36
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_thompson View Post
The code all in caps WEC2016FORD only works for the weekend tickets, it however makes it cheaper than a Sunday only ticket.
Ok, that'll work
Old 7 Apr 2016, 19:29 (Ref:3631023)   #37
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Glad that is now sorted, pity i did not know about it when i ordered a few months ago
Old 7 Apr 2016, 20:05 (Ref:3631031)   #38
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Ok, that'll work
It does work - just tried it! Weekend ticket with program voucher and 'handling charge' came to £42. With roaming grandstand and free parking, thats not bad value for money at all.
Old 7 Apr 2016, 21:10 (Ref:3631050)   #39
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be in the wing pits all weekend as chief pits. I'll be one of the ones in orange with a headset and radio on when you are on the pit walkabout.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Tapatalk
Old 7 Apr 2016, 22:12 (Ref:3631067)   #40
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, £42 for a ticket, do you guys have any guess of how many attended the event on previous years? I guess BRDC(they are the Silverstone owners, or administrators, right?) and FIA/ACO gather quite some money there.
Old 7 Apr 2016, 22:22 (Ref:3631070)   #41
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
So, £42 for a ticket, do you guys have any guess of how many attended the event on previous years? I guess BRDC(they are the Silverstone owners, or administrators, right?) and FIA/ACO gather quite some money there.
It's always struck me as what I'd define as 'slightly pricey', in that it's more than Spa and compared to a Le Mans General Admission doesn't provide quite as much bang per buck - but it's not bad at all.

Comparing it to other entertainment forms I generally figure if a gig is less than £20 I'll probably go, £20-£30 I'll consider going, and over £30 I probably won't, but Silverstone is but once a year and it's a nice weekend away - and with it having the ELMS on the Saturday (which often is a better race if we're being honest) you can't really grumble.

In terms of crowds I'm hopeless at estimating numbers like that, but it's been growing over the years - be interested to see what the turnout is like this time round.
Old 8 Apr 2016, 09:42 (Ref:3631149)   #42
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's funny, I've always considered the WEC meeting to be pretty good value at around £40 for the weekend - £5 or so more than a BTCC weekend (which I also find reasonable) for a world championship event seems pretty fair.

Compared to what you'd pay to spend a couple of hours at a football match for example, it strikes me as a bit of bargain....

Numbers wise, with the size of Silverstone it always feels pretty sparse but there were definitely more there last year than previously.
Old 8 Apr 2016, 10:31 (Ref:3631157)   #43
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
Compared to what you'd pay to spend a couple of hours at a football match for example, it strikes me as a bit of bargain....
Its also a bargain compared to F1 prices too. How much is a Friday-only general admission ticket at the British GP? Considering they're both FIA world championships.
Old 8 Apr 2016, 10:46 (Ref:3631162)   #44
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was avoiding the F1 comparison but yeah - absolutely
Old 8 Apr 2016, 11:56 (Ref:3631177)   #45
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
A. It's Northamptonshire, not Bucks

B. It's the White Horse, not the White Hart

C. New Owners unlikely to offer Curry

D. I am very definitely up for meeting you for a beer on the Friday night. ( it's a 5 min stagger home !!!! )

Does Terry still drink in the White Horse? Haven't seen him in a few years! I'm only going down on the Sunday so doubt I'll make it for a pint.
Old 8 Apr 2016, 12:22 (Ref:3631185)   #46
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur View Post
I think I remember reading last year that Silverstone said was around 45,000 for the weekend.

Also on the WEC website now is a list of other entertainment on during the weekend and a below is a pdf link to a map of where everything is for the weekend

http://www.fiawec.com/wpphpFichiers/...-Event_Map.pdf
Old 8 Apr 2016, 13:54 (Ref:3631206)   #47
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLad View Post
Does Terry still drink in the White Horse? Haven't seen him in a few years! I'm only going down on the Sunday so doubt I'll make it for a pint.
Yes, if you mean Carpo !!! He's been part of the furniture there for ever !!! He's not happy at the moment though, with arsenal throwing away the prem !!
Old 10 Apr 2016, 08:51 (Ref:3631662)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll be there for all three days as is now customary. Looking forward to it.
Old 10 Apr 2016, 08:54 (Ref:3631664)   #49
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'll be there for all three days as is now customary. Looking forward to it.
See you there Andrew. Are you at the Buckingham travel lodge this year?
Old 10 Apr 2016, 16:28 (Ref:3631731)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
See you there Andrew. Are you at the Buckingham travel lodge this year?
Yep.