Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Sep 2003, 14:07 (Ref:710108)   #51
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks... *snif*
Old 6 Sep 2003, 14:08 (Ref:710109)   #52
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew2001
Anyone recall Brazil 1998? McLaren had a 3rd brake pedal....
A 3rd brake pedal?
Old 6 Sep 2003, 14:08 (Ref:710111)   #53
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rather a 2nd.
Old 6 Sep 2003, 21:42 (Ref:710374)   #54
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The point has been made that the gap to Ferrari was closed by BAR, but if the tires were the limiting factor, then the gap would appear closer as everyone is using similar tires
Old 6 Sep 2003, 21:51 (Ref:710381)   #55
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Which enforces my point, and others' point, that the Ferrari hasn't gone forward a great deal from last year.
Old 6 Sep 2003, 22:01 (Ref:710394)   #56
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's only since Monarco that Ferrari or MS in particular has not performed up to the usual standard. Last year he had not trouble getting pole this year is has stated he is not happy with the 1 lap shoot out. He has made more mistakes in the shoot outs than you would have expected and now it's blame the tyres. The real problem is BMW have produced a super power plant and Renault have got there act together.
Old 6 Sep 2003, 22:06 (Ref:710402)   #57
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yeah but Spain wasn't that impressive was it? We thought there might be a bigger winning margin at least. The only impressive win has been Austria (the car and Schuey were peerless that day). Canada was a case of Schuey being a genius really. It impressed at Silverstone as well. But apart from that? Average to poor. F2002 looked more competitive.
Old 6 Sep 2003, 23:12 (Ref:710444)   #58
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
The only impressive win has been Austria (the car and Schuey were peerless that day).
How impressive was that? Yes, to win a race is impressive, but Montoya was leading the race when his engine blew, so would the result (Michael win) have been so obvious?

We will never know!
Old 7 Sep 2003, 16:47 (Ref:710973)   #59
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I think Schuey would still have won but you're right, it wouldn't have been so crushing.
Old 7 Sep 2003, 21:22 (Ref:711197)   #60
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was talking about all this down the pub to a guy who spends a fortune on Ferrari stuff and I have to say the concenses was that, and even being anti-ferrari(well schuey/brawn) I think the view was on balance even though Williams, McLaren and Renualt have made huge gains on Ferrari compared to last year it has been a title lost by Schuey not won by the others. How many times pre-2003 has Schuey driven into people or made so many errors in the actual race. I think that up to a point no sunday warm up and one shoot qualifying is actually affecting Ferrari and perticularly Schuey. Look at how RB is keeping with him and often beating him this year. If he does not bounce back next year even though, like i said, I'm not a supporter of his, I hope he retires in grace rather than trailing though until 2006. Look at two men I admire JV and Damon H. Damon tried to leave but contracts made him stay and it hurt his legacy and JV should have jumped ship and let BAR go a while back.