Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 29 Dec 2013, 14:41 (Ref:3348588)   #1276
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
Audi's marketing, and sponsorship, is very cleverly designed & targeted to present the Audi brand in the best possible light to the market sector that gives them the best sales.
Obviously they have decided that been involved with the btcc doesn't fit in with their current marketing strategy. That could be for a number of reasons, including market demographics, the suitability of the series & the regulations, or indeed the standard & professionalism of the teams using Audi products.
Yes. More simply, Audi wouldn't want to become the third manufacturer in the BTCC with a small team which, although maybe capable of winning races, would not beat the Hondas and MGs to a championship title.

They'd go in to win. Which would mean the Audi way would be to go in on their own.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 14:41 (Ref:3348589)   #1277
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
WSR are considered to be part of the 'BMW Family', so even if there is no 'official' BMW backing, they are treated in a favourable way.
Hence the BMW dealer displays and the WSR car on their stands etc?
Old 29 Dec 2013, 23:27 (Ref:3348758)   #1278
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
WSR are considered to be part of the 'BMW Family', so even if there is no 'official' BMW backing, they are treated in a favourable way.
And what is this so called 'BMW family' ? Pure curiosity Does it mean that WSR does get money from BMW sport department, maybe even a few BMW engineers but definitely no more support than an average customer team?
Old 3 Jan 2014, 12:49 (Ref:3349967)   #1279
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1st post of 2014

since Frak Wrathall won't be again on the grid any idea who Alan will get now as permanent guest on TTT /
Old 3 Jan 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3349975)   #1280
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
1st post of 2014

since Frak Wrathall won't be again on the grid any idea who Alan will get now as permanent guest on TTT /
Its a shame to lose a driver of his talent from the grid. However we must move on, I'm sure he has other things on his plate right now.

I'd love to see Michael Caine get a permanent berth in a BTCC car, though his BGT commitments probably prevent that.

I'm guessing there will be a glut of news and announcements at the Autosport show?
Old 3 Jan 2014, 14:07 (Ref:3349979)   #1281
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Its a shame to lose a driver of his talent from the grid. However we must move on, I'm sure he has other things on his plate right now.

I'd love to see Michael Caine get a permanent berth in a BTCC car, though his BGT commitments probably prevent that.

I'm guessing there will be a glut of news and announcements at the Autosport show?

That has been suggested by the official BTCC Twitter feed. I would be surprised if there isn't WSR or Airwaves news...
Old 3 Jan 2014, 14:10 (Ref:3349981)   #1282
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there any update on Wrathall's legal situation?
Old 3 Jan 2014, 14:31 (Ref:3349994)   #1283
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
We're only a couple of days into January. Give things time.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 15:34 (Ref:3350016)   #1284
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Case is due to be heard on January 14.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 19:14 (Ref:3350101)   #1285
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
We're only a couple of days into January. Give things time.
I was just asking as I genuinely didn't know, no need to be so uptight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Case is due to be heard on January 14.
Thanks mate.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 19:24 (Ref:3350106)   #1286
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I was just asking as I genuinely didn't know, no need to be so uptight.

Thanks mate.
Not uptight at all pal, just saying, give it a chance.
Old 3 Jan 2014, 20:23 (Ref:3350135)   #1287
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
That has been suggested by the official BTCC Twitter feed. I would be surprised if there isn't WSR or Airwaves news...
Expecting one if the announcements to be a bit of a surprise if it's all sorted in time
Old 3 Jan 2014, 20:57 (Ref:3350157)   #1288
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Expecting one if the announcements to be a bit of a surprise if it's all sorted in time
From those two teams... Hmmm. Macdowall to WSR wouldn't really be surprise if that's it
Old 4 Jan 2014, 01:53 (Ref:3350223)   #1289
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC Line-Up as it stands

Confirmed / Highly Likely

Honda Racing (Team Dynamics) - Honda Civic Estate - Matt Neal & Gordon Shedden
MG KX Momentum Racing (Triple Eight) - MG 6 - Jason Plato & TBA
eBay Motors? (West Surrey Racing) - BMW 125i M-Sport - TBA, TBA & TBA
Airwaves Racing? (Motorbase) - Ford Focus - TBA, TBA & TBA
Pirtek Racing (Eurotech) - Honda Civic - Andy Jordan & Martin Depper
BTC Racing - Chevrolet Cruze - Chris Stockton
Welch Motorsport - Proton Gen-2 - Dan Welch
Rob Austin Racing - Audi A4 - Rob Austin & TBA
Ciceley Racing - Mercedes A45 AMG - Adam Morgan
United Autosports - Toyota Avensis - James Cole & Glynn Geddie
Aiden Moffat Racing - Chevrolet Cruze - Aiden Moffat
Handy Motorsport - Toyota Avensis - Simon Belcher
AmD Racing - Ford Focus - Dave Newsham
Triple Eight - MG 6 - Marc Hynes

23 in total

Likely

Speedworks Motorsport - Toyota Avensis - TBA & TBA
Welch Motorsport - Proton Gen-2 - TBA

Pie-in-the-sky

Rotek Racing - Audi A3 - Robb Holland & TBA
BMR Restart - Volkswagen Passat CC - TBA & TBA
BMR Restart - Vauxhall Insignia VXR-R - TBA & TBA
IP Tech - Chevrolet Cruze - Andy Neate & TBA
Old 5 Jan 2014, 00:56 (Ref:3350459)   #1290
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's official, is it? I have to give credit to the BTCC on how quiet they've managed to keep the whole Wrathall thing.
Old 5 Jan 2014, 04:03 (Ref:3350492)   #1291
thetool
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaw Daggerslash View Post
That's official, is it? I have to give credit to the BTCC on how quiet they've managed to keep the whole Wrathall thing.
Why by just not mentioning it? They obviously aren't going to mention it, the racing journalists are scared to do so and it is has had only cursory coverage in national media. In the grand scheme of things, a single count of causing death by dangerous driving isn't that significant, and is the sort of case in courts on a daily basis.
Old 5 Jan 2014, 09:23 (Ref:3350532)   #1292
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's also very easy to trip over the contempt of court rules by commenting on specific cases in which you have no involvement.
Old 5 Jan 2014, 16:25 (Ref:3350604)   #1293
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaw Daggerslash View Post
Well either way, he won't be back as the team has been disbanded and all the equipment plus the car sold on.
Old 5 Jan 2014, 18:46 (Ref:3350640)   #1294
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Well either way, he won't be back as the team has been disbanded and all the equipment plus the car sold on.
Whatever the background reasons, the disbanding of that team is a great shame. I felt that, at times, they really punched above their weigh in the BTCC
Old 5 Jan 2014, 19:00 (Ref:3350644)   #1295
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Whatever the background reasons, the disbanding of that team is a great shame. I felt that, at times, they really punched above their weigh in the BTCC
well one win and several podiums wasn't so bad for Frankie , who known in a few years he may do a comeback in the BTCC

regarding BTCC, on Colin Turkington's personal site the EBAY MOTORS logo is now at the bottom, AFAIK it wasn't there before

so perhaps an early clue that he will return at WSR
Old 5 Jan 2014, 19:05 (Ref:3350645)   #1296
BtccLee
Veteran

Quote:
well one win and several podiums wasn't so bad for Frankie , who known in a few years he may do a comeback in the BTCC

regarding BTCC, on Colin Turkington's personal site the EBAY MOTORS logo is now at the bottom, AFAIK it wasn't there before

so perhaps an early clue that he will return at WSR
We can hope...

This may be interesting: @AndrewJordan77: Got some cool news coming on Wednesday about my 2014 BTCC season.
Old 5 Jan 2014, 19:07 (Ref:3350647)   #1297
thetool
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
This may be interesting: @AndrewJordan77: Got some cool news coming on Wednesday about my 2014 BTCC season.
Just a new sponsor that's all.
Old 5 Jan 2014, 20:05 (Ref:3350663)   #1298
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've just purchased a large pack of straws. Far too many for me by myself. Would anyone like to clutch some?
Old 5 Jan 2014, 20:11 (Ref:3350666)   #1299
RED55
Racer

Sweden
Banbury
RED55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Just a new sponsor that's all.

An energy drink in the form of a coloured bull
Old 5 Jan 2014, 20:54 (Ref:3350676)   #1300
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I've just purchased a large pack of straws. Far too many for me by myself. Would anyone like to clutch some?
so if Turks get confirmed at WSR you'll eat all those straws ?
Closed Thread