Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Oct 2014, 02:56 (Ref:3461094)   #1
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marussia - what next?

Thought has crossed my mind that it may be too soon for this post. If there are objections I will gladly remove.

Sochi is this coming weekend and I can't see that Bianchi would be allowed to race this weekend. Being their home race I'm guessing they will want to have two cars out there, so who will join Max?

They just signed Will Stevens to do FP1 for a few races and also have Alex Rossi on the books. I can't see them putting Will in the race seat with so little experience. They announced that Alex would replace Max at Spa then reversed quickly on that, so perhaps he doesn't have the money to fund a drive.

Considering they are racing in Russia, perhaps we could see the return of Vitaly Petrov for a one off drive? He hasn't driven in F1 since the end of 2012.

Or perhaps they could roll out Sergey Sirotkin? Both Sauber and Marussia run Ferrari engines so there shouldn't be an issue on that front, and in the circumstances Sauber may be agreeable to a one off run for Sergey.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 08:28 (Ref:3461153)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Marussia are required to present 2 cars to Sochi later in the week.

Presumably Marussia are calling another tub from Europe to replace the damaged one.

The team needs a pilot... there arent too many people around with experience of the 2014-spec engine & chassis package.. you might consider that Marussia's selection of a driver might be related to any budget that they may be able to bring to the team.

Is Mr Sainz Jr or Mr Verstappen free of racing commitments this weekend?

#ForzaJules
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 6 Oct 2014, 09:47 (Ref:3461181)   #3
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't expect a replacement Marussia driver to be better than Bianchi, but
with four GPs left this season, it could be an opportunity to give a rookie driver a chance to race in an F1 car. I can see one of the top teams willing to sponsor a junior driver from a lower series at Marussia.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 09:59 (Ref:3461184)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will Stevens and Alex Rossi are listed as the Marussia test drivers.

I'm not sure either qualify for a full super licence if Marussia were able to get a car put together in time.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 09:59 (Ref:3461185)   #5
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think they will be short of drivers currently circling. This could, potentially , work out to be quite lucrative for them in the short-term.

Nasty, but part and parcel of the business.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 11:22 (Ref:3461201)   #6
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Will Stevens and Alex Rossi are listed as the Marussia test drivers.

I'm not sure either qualify for a full super licence if Marussia were able to get a car put together in time.
Isn't a super licence needed to take part in FP1?
If so, Rossi has one already, and Stevens only didn't have one in Japan due to the German postal service.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 11:24 (Ref:3461202)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hopefully they've checked to see if stevens can reach the pedals. he makes felipe massa look like a leggy supermodel.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 11:41 (Ref:3461208)   #8
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'm sure there would be extenuating circumstances granted if they just wanted to field one car. They do have to be ship shape for Sochi in only a few days.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 11:46 (Ref:3461212)   #9
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Williams only ran one car the race after Imola 94.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 11:55 (Ref:3461219)   #10
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given Ferrari pays for that seat with engines, I'd think they would have some say on who fills in for him. I don't think anyone from another teams junior driver programme will get the seat. Does anyone know if ferrari have any other junior drivers ready to step up ? I think Rigon, de la rosa and gene are all a bit past it for F1. Kamui would have been ideal if he was still racing for Ferrari in the WEC and not wasting his time at Caterham.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 11:59 (Ref:3461220)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
what about marciello?
Old 6 Oct 2014, 13:24 (Ref:3461261)   #12
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Rossi deal in Spa fell through not because Rossi couldn't come up with the finances but because Max got his in order just before fp1/2. My guess would be Rossi will drive next week but Marussia haven't got much chance of holding off Caterham without Jules.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 13:37 (Ref:3461268)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it just a coincidence that Mr LaPierre has taken a sabbatical effective immediately until season's end from the Toyota WEC attack
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 6 Oct 2014, 14:14 (Ref:3461290)   #14
2GRX7
Rookie

United States
W. Orlando
2GRX7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hum. Let's see- I'm thinking Ferrari's new business partner, HAAS, would like to see what Mr. Rossi can do, especially considering Haas has him "on deck" for a drive in 16'. A show of good faith from Ferrari?

Personally speaking, I'm thinking Rossi will not be enough of a draw for "Merican' " fans. He's enough for the "U.S.A." fans, though (There's a difference).

GOD, i hope Bianchi makes a full recovery because he is a true talent and I'm really looking forward to following him in his future endeavors.

(DREAMING HERE): It would be nice to see a J. Johnson, Busch Bro., AJ Allmendinger, or any other open-wheel based NASCAR guy make the switch as that's the only way you're going to get the NASCAR "sheep" even considering looking at F1.

Last edited by 2GRX7; 6 Oct 2014 at 14:26.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 14:54 (Ref:3461315)   #15
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lapierre would be interesting.

Personally, I'm currently thinking that Indycar's stars (Pagenaud, Power, Dixon, etc) won't be racing until 2015, whilst Formula E won't race until 22nd November. di Grassi drove for Marussia back in the day. Marussia need a quick fix.

Although I hope Jules can return as soon as possible, I'm not sure Albert Park will happen. I really want him to make a full recovery, not only out of compassion, but so a genuine talent can get what he deserves from the sport he loves.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 15:02 (Ref:3461321)   #16
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Williams only ran one car the race after Imola 94.
Sauber did too
Old 6 Oct 2014, 15:12 (Ref:3461328)   #17
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNo1F1Fan View Post
Sauber did too
You mean Simtek, who ran only one car at Monaco after Ratzenberger's fatal accident at Imola? Sauber withdrew both cars from Monaco after Wendlinger's accident in practice.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 16:14 (Ref:3461344)   #18
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Sauber did have only one car at Spain. Simtek also only had one car at Canada after Montermini's accident
Old 6 Oct 2014, 18:22 (Ref:3461391)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Lapierre would be interesting.
Maybe, but I wouldn't take him unless he brings a barrel of cash. Just too accident prone.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 23:41 (Ref:3461525)   #20
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suspect being a home race and the fact that this isn't a fatal accident (#ForzaJules) that we'll see two Marussia's on the weekend.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 00:15 (Ref:3461543)   #21
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely the FIA wouldn't enforce any penalties if Marussia only entered one car at Sochi? It's not like Williams and Simtek entered two cars at Monaco '94.

For the rest of the season, assuming that the team survives the next couple of weeks, does Marciello have a superlicence? Palmer? Or they might need someone with more money.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 01:03 (Ref:3461551)   #22
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
marciello was european f3 champion last season, doesn't that qualify him automagically? or does he still have to do the umpty hundred miles first?

i can't see him running in russia, but maybe later in the season...
Old 7 Oct 2014, 08:54 (Ref:3461641)   #23
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Give them Andre Lotterer's telephone number ;-)
Old 7 Oct 2014, 08:58 (Ref:3461643)   #24
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
Give them Andre Lotterer's telephone number ;-)
I think he may be busy this weekend
Old 7 Oct 2014, 09:51 (Ref:3461661)   #25
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
They wouldn't be penalised with one car. There'd be an outcry. Even the FIA isn't that dumb on what would be a no-brainer decision to give them dispensation.

But, yes, it's Marussias home race and any haul from the constructors championship would be very helpful for them. So, expect two cars.