Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 May 2003, 12:33 (Ref:607769)   #1
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pitwalk

Looking at the provisional schedule for the race, I´ve seen there´s no pitwalk on friday. Last year I only arrived saturday morning, but in 2001 i made the pitwalk on friday. Does anybody know if it´s official that there will be no pitwalk on friday or just a mistake on the schedule?. in 2001 I enjoyed it a lot and took a lot of close detail pictures of the cars
Old 23 May 2003, 12:46 (Ref:607786)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I must admit I had assumed there would be a pitwalk as usual Friday lunchtime - I intend to be there if there is. Perhaps its sort of "unofficial"?
Old 23 May 2003, 13:46 (Ref:607851)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perhaps we could ask Fab, Gilles or another of the "locals" to find out for us?
Old 23 May 2003, 14:08 (Ref:607880)   #4
Rcutler
Rookie

Rcutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.lemans.org/2003/24auto/pa...aires_gb.shtml

This link has the schedule and for most of the day there is discover the pits as a direct translation. I asume that this means the pits will still be open all day on the friday.

Although reading again there seems to be an indication that there are pit walks on Wednesday and thursday thus meaning we can still do that and see the drivers parade and everything else.

Rick

Last edited by Rcutler; 23 May 2003 at 14:12.
Old 23 May 2003, 17:05 (Ref:608107)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's an excellent idea as it spreads people out over a few days, so you don't get trapped behind the large, wide young men who camp at the front of every garage and cannot be moved even by fork lifts.
Old 23 May 2003, 17:27 (Ref:608144)   #6
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Rcutler
http://www.lemans.org/2003/24auto/pa...aires_gb.shtml

This link has the schedule and for most of the day there is discover the pits as a direct translation. I asume that this means the pits will still be open all day on the friday.

Although reading again there seems to be an indication that there are pit walks on Wednesday and thursday thus meaning we can still do that and see the drivers parade and everything else.

Rick
Translation of decouverte is "open" ie public pit walk 10.00 - 20.00.

The Weds and Thurs pit walks are for "Pit Walk" ticket holders - 450 euros each, and no reduction for ACO members!!
Old 23 May 2003, 22:01 (Ref:608337)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
That's an excellent idea as it spreads people out over a few days, so you don't get trapped behind the large, wide young men who camp at the front of every garage and cannot be moved even by fork lifts.

For a moment, I thought you were referring to me Liz - but I'd missed the word "young".....
Old 24 May 2003, 02:37 (Ref:608462)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last year we could walk the pits without any tickets on Wednesday, and we sneaked in on Thursday through the one unguarded gate.
Old 24 May 2003, 17:25 (Ref:608818)   #9
Javi
Veteran

what a relief to be able to walk free on friday... 450 euros?????? Oh dear, for that money I´ll travel to the caribbean....
Old 24 May 2003, 23:00 (Ref:609080)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But not on Le Mans weekend........
Old 25 May 2003, 02:46 (Ref:609162)   #11
Javi
Veteran

Well..., let me see, OK, I am weak, but I´ll never let Le Mans down... I think there are another 51 weeks in the year to go to the caribbean....
Old 25 May 2003, 02:55 (Ref:609165)   #12
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carry a palm tree with you and take some sand in your pocket while you walk about the track...Best of both worlds!!!
Old 25 May 2003, 20:24 (Ref:609850)   #13
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
Sean Crockett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to drag everyone back from the Caribbean, but just to clarify, the pits are open for pitwalks between 10:00 and 20:00 on Friday - is that correct?
Old 25 May 2003, 20:35 (Ref:609861)   #14
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean Crockett
Sorry to drag everyone back from the Caribbean, but just to clarify, the pits are open for pitwalks between 10:00 and 20:00 on Friday - is that correct?
Exactly!!
Old 25 May 2003, 21:19 (Ref:609902)   #15
Javi
Veteran

Well these are very good news.... We will enjoy the pitwalk
Old 26 May 2003, 05:12 (Ref:610099)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Don't even imagine the friday afternoon without the pitlane opened !

BTW, the saturday wlak before the sunday PQ was great too...