Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Aug 2014, 08:10 (Ref:3441132)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Veggie [iV8SC14R262728] Sydney Motorsport Park 400, Eastern Creek 22-24 Aug

And onto Eastern Creek... a new environment... for all those blokes and blokettes that tested here in February, here's hoping you learned something...

Funny how there will be 3 men and a dog there, but it will still take 90 minutes to get out of the carpark... hopefully the ARDC learned a little something about traffic management since then.

Will someone step up to stop the 888 juggernaut? Has the FPR attack slowed to a stop? Will GT win on the debut in his new chassis?

Will Tekno make a come back? Will BJR? Can Nissan do well on a track with that loooooonnnggg front straight? Can Volvo?

Will Erebus rock up in red... Coca Cola is it after all!

How about #23 Russell Ingall?

Lets watch for #222 to get the blue rocket percolating...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Aug 2014, 08:16 (Ref:3441133)   #2
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Attending the Friday and Saturday of this event and noticed on the V8SC site that there is no Friday practice for the V8SC. Will this be the case ?
Old 3 Aug 2014, 08:26 (Ref:3441136)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Attending the Friday and Saturday of this event and noticed on the V8SC site that there is no Friday practice for the V8SC. Will this be the case ?
Sure seems that way, a 2 day event... the support categories will run on Friday however, as private practice..
Old 3 Aug 2014, 08:46 (Ref:3441139)   #4
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
No v8s on Friday, however the cars will be there.

You should enjoy the gt`s though. 3 sessions
Old 3 Aug 2014, 08:58 (Ref:3441145)   #5
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Sure seems that way, a 2 day event... the support categories will run on Friday however, as private practice..
I'm happy to be there on the Friday as the place will be empty and the supports are excellent, however the missus and kids love the V8SC and I don't know whether just the Saturday will do the job for them.
Old 3 Aug 2014, 11:06 (Ref:3441163)   #6
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
errr.. the v8s are also on sunday...
Old 3 Aug 2014, 16:45 (Ref:3441210)   #7
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
errr.. the v8s are also on sunday...
errr....... I can't make it on the Sunday....
Old 4 Aug 2014, 04:47 (Ref:3441327)   #8
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
errr....... I can't make it on the Sunday....
Bugger it, Friday, Saturday, Sunday here i come
Old 4 Aug 2014, 06:15 (Ref:3441333)   #9
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For those thinking of attending on Friday be aware that practice/qualifying for all classes ends at 1.35 pm!
Old 4 Aug 2014, 06:18 (Ref:3441335)   #10
Reload
Veteran

Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
For those thinking of attending on Friday be aware that practice/qualifying for all classes ends at 1.35 pm!
Yeah noticed that. It's a strange program all round ?
Old 7 Aug 2014, 13:07 (Ref:3442206)   #11
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hit the EC Tavern I think!!!
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 14 Aug 2014, 00:39 (Ref:3444096)   #12
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
And onto Eastern Creek... a new environment... for all those blokes and blokettes that tested here in February, here's hoping you learned something...

Funny how there will be 3 men and a dog there, but it will still take 90 minutes to get out of the carpark... hopefully the ARDC learned a little something about traffic management since then.
Be aware that the ARDC and Blacktown police have come up with an even more ridiculous "traffic management" plan.This time there will be no access to the track or parking areas from the Great Western Highway.All traffic will be sent to the south down Wallgrove Road and have to enter the car park from Ferrers Road.The road from the highway to the track will be blocked off at the Tavern roundabout.I can't think of a more aggravating plan.Set your sat navy's for this travel adventure.I know a number of people who will never go back to the Creek for any event if the 2012 and beyond traffic plans are in operation and this will add to that number.
It makes the $50 BBQ parking at the last corner look like good value if you are planning on going for more than 1 day.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 05:27 (Ref:3444128)   #13
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alan, a bit of research has revealed that the it appears that traffic management has been concocted by V8 Supercars and Roads and Maritime Services-a State Government organisation. The Police will be involved in the matter on the 3 days.

The ARDC has no role in it as V8 Supercars are the organisers and promoters as you can see from the admission prices and other charges.
Old 18 Aug 2014, 00:10 (Ref:3444882)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Here's hoping the weather improves for later in the week!

Eastern Creek is definitely no fun as a spectator, or in the racing, when the place is a swimming pool
Old 18 Aug 2014, 00:20 (Ref:3444888)   #15
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The undulating grassed parking areas can be a bit of a boghole, too.

Hope it's a good weekend's racing.
Old 19 Aug 2014, 01:00 (Ref:3445243)   #16
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, after the last v8 event there I didn't think they could make it worse.

I often see the roads outside the circuit with parked cars the whole way around the circuit despite the no parking signs and not once have I seen a ticket on a window. Has anyone ever actually seen anyone booked for it? Could be the easiest solution for anyone who doesn't want to wait over an hr to leave a car park.

Edit* Is there any parking allowed along peter brock drive?
Old 19 Aug 2014, 08:56 (Ref:3445311)   #17
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The heavy rain in Sydney this week has given me a flashback to Alternative Nation in 1995. The venue was Eastern Creek Raceway. It had rained solidly for the week leading into that concert and I never have and never will see anything like that again.

The mud was unbelievable out there. By the early evening it was bordering on impossible to walk around to the various stages. Everyone had given up trying to stay dry and clean metres after walking through the ticket gate. Will be wearing gumboots me thinks this weekend if it keeps up.

I am also being prepared for many a yellow flag.
Old 19 Aug 2014, 12:15 (Ref:3445376)   #18
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh yea of little faith !! These are professional drivers, the best of the best we are led to believe so there will be no falling off the island at all. NOT !
Mud and wet outfields are the same at any race track and it is up to the driver to take these into consideration just as is setting the car up to suit the conditions.
Can't wait for the TCMs and GTs to find the limits of adhesion on Friday before they get serious on Saturday.
Old 20 Aug 2014, 10:35 (Ref:3445643)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Bid Here
Old 20 Aug 2014, 22:51 (Ref:3445839)   #20
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It wouldn't be too bad a memento to get a hold of. The bonnet of a multiple championship winner, before he wins his first one.
Old 21 Aug 2014, 01:53 (Ref:3445866)   #21
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is the long circuit being used?
Old 21 Aug 2014, 03:15 (Ref:3445884)   #22
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
unlikely
Old 21 Aug 2014, 04:35 (Ref:3445890)   #23
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Same reason as last time most proberly cost savings.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 21 Aug 2014, 06:22 (Ref:3445906)   #24
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Is the long circuit being used?
No.
Old 21 Aug 2014, 07:43 (Ref:3445918)   #25
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The long circuit wasn't designed to ever be used regularlyfrom what i remember, the extra 'wiggles' were built primarily to extend the 'South Circuit'.

MCM use the complete circuit, but that is more of a novelty, and gives the Mini's and Capri's etc a better chance to shine.

The original circuit is the best design anyway i reckon personally.